Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 mod download & technical issues

Default Re: NTW3 v9.0 download & technical issues

I have the following PC:

16gb ram
    CPU G4320 (dual core Pentium)
    GPU GTX750Ti

Since the update I've had repeated crash when Britain fought the default Dutch fleet (auto resolved resulting in me loosing all the trade ships and a fair few of my own) and just had a crash ($@####!) fighting the Spanish on land, south of Madrid. The multiplier is at 1.5 and armies are at 30 units. I realize I'm 'maxed out' but why is it crashing now when it was working (mostly) fine at 8.9? It usually only CTD on AI moves on the campaign map.

BTW, 2 of the British guard units say they form square in the stats when they don't - Bill Browns and Coldstream.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 18, 2021 at 10:57 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Try readjusting your graphic settings: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...-tips/Reviews/
    I'll take a look at the units that don't form square.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    You need to setup an account and register it on the Lordz NTW3 Discord Channel
    I thought I had so I will have another look. I'm back on 8.9 at moment and all ok.

Hi, I just installed NTW 9.2, tried to start the Italy campaign and I have the following bugs:
    - No text is displayed on objectives
    - No text is displayed in the Diplomacy screen
    - Impossible to recruit any unit in Nice

Probably need to do a clean install, other mods (such as DarthMod) may overwrite original files and cause issues.
    Suggest you remove the NTW3 mod by using the uninstall file apps in the Napoleon Total War folder; Then manually remove any remaining NTW3 folders or files
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to your Steam Library and select Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game files and play the ntw vanilla game to insure it's running properly.
    Clean up your HD and now your ready to do a clean install of the NTW3 v92 mod. Follow these instructions carefully Your off to the battlefield

Last edited by Lord Davn; March 28, 2022 at 05:53 PM.

Yari_chadshigaru's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for the great mod. I'm having some trouble with the Peninsular campaign... some starting units in ultra have only 40 men and the game crashes by turn 5-6. Is the campaign just not stable? Regular 1805 campaigns works very well.

Is there any way to change the music on NTW3 v9.2. I've tried adding some different music mods but the music stays the same. Any help appreciated.

I'm afraid it is not possible. The music selection for the NTW3 mod loads with the game, but there is quite a variety to choose from

Icon9 NTW3 doesn't work after installation. Help plz :(

Hey, I'm sorry I'm writing here, really sorry if that's not appropriate place but I don't use that forum often and didn't know where to seek help and I really wanna play that mod. I'm having problem with... either just mod or PC.
    I've installed NTW3 but before I did that I deleted couple of files when I removed other mods and most of these files I've uninstalled properly but just to keep stuff clean I also searched and deleted some files having previous mods shortcut in name so i thought it was safe. But as it appeared I had some problems when I tried to open NTW3 mod desktop shortcut - first it was problem with "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll" file but i think i managed to repair that with one tutorial, I downloaded correct file and got it back to SysWow64 and System 32 folders, then i launched PC again and checked - but another error has appeared, first its that error:
    Attachment 367132
    then when I click "OK" that one shows:
    Attachment 367135
    When I tried to look for an answer I couldn't find any, all topics were about some programming cause that's whats that Python is for I think but I never installed it.
    I read that can be somewhat connected to that api-ms file so I just tried to paste that file into folder in temp showed in that 2nd error directory. First folder was MEI6664..
    And when i relaunched PC and tried to launch mod, the same error came out but with other MEI70722 - and then I did it again, reset PC and again, other MEI number.
    I did it again and I started it in first place cause I thought that I may didn't noticed and deleted much more files from user TEMP from many folders (I still dunno how this TEMP works and seen many strange names there)
    but after couple other tries I noticed that I cant find that previous MEI folders, that only after this error occurs, one folder MEI(number) comes up in TEMP. And I think it then disappears cause when i tried to search manually that previous numbers (I have them all written) in which i pasted that api-ms files to try to remove them, I just couldn't find them. Also worth noting is that in these folders I've seen file named "python39.dll" so error is not about lack of this one... at least I think so... I dunno what to do. After that I've tried to reinstall mod, when that didn't worked, I tried to reinstall whole game and mod again - nothing works. Is this some error about mod or is this something in system?
    Please help...
    I'm sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my native language.
    If u have any questions or u need more info, just ask. Thanks in advance!
    Best regards!

Thank you Lord Davn

Icon9 (images) NTW3 doesn't work after installation. Help plz :(

Hi, images in my previous post (from yesterday) of my problems.

First error:

Second error:
    Last edited by Lord Davn; May 04, 2022 at 04:49 PM.

Open the NTW3 desktop launcher and select "Restore Vanilla"
    Uninstall the NTW3 mod with these apps:

Go to your Steam library, select NTW game and right click and select Properties/ Local File/ Verify integrity of game files and let Steam update them.
    Play a ntw vanilla game to ensure everyting is working properly~
    Then re-install the NTW3 v92 mod as shown here:

Icon9 2/ NTW3 doesn't work after installation. Help plz :(

As I didn't described in previous post what I did exactly I'll do it here:
    1. My NTW3 launcher doesn't open. That errors come just after i click at the NTW3 exe
    2. After it didn't worked I did verified integrity of game files on steam but probably with mod still installed.
    3. Then I uninstalled mod with these files you've shown (why u have 4 files, not 3?)
    4. When I saw it didn't worked I literally uninstalled whole vanilla game and just opened it once to see if everything's ok.

So having those info - does it change in any way what you've recommended? Or should I do the same stuff as you've described? What with first step with launcher?

Remnants of other mods my still be in your data folder, you may have to reinstall the vanilla game as DM is known to overwrite some of the vanilla files

Icon9 Re: NTW3 v9.0 download & technical issues

Ok I'm lost here cause as I've told u I already unistalled whole game once. U want me to try again?
    Please write once again what to do (please in points)?
    Cause i understood from your 2 last posts that:
    1. Unistall mod with apps
    2. Delete folders (as with first steps on screen from discord you've sent)
    3. Install game
    4. Open it once (i need to go inside battle or just main menu? - in previous tries I was only in menu)
    5. Install NTW3 mod

Please write what do advice me to do, if I'm right with points above or not much changed from your last points then tell me with what to proceed and then I'm sorry for spam
    Thank you in advance!

Add this after step 2.) Go to your Steam Library and select Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game files and play the ntw vanilla game to insure it's running properly.
    Clean up your HD and now your ready to do a clean install of the NTW3 v92 mod. Follow these instructions carefully Your off to the battlefield

Icon9 4/ NTW3 doesn't work after installation. Help plz :(

I'm sorry I really tried many times to do this, even got stuff cleaned by CCleaner after uninstalling vanilla game (and that thing also not once but couple). But it still doesn't work, still the same errors in the same moment, nothing has changed. I really want to play that mod
    Can u have some other advice to me or that's where your ideas have ended?

Make sure the vanilla ntw is working and play a few games with it. You have to direct the NTW3 installer to the same drive where the ntw vanilla game is located on your hard drive

Sorry that I'm coming back now (I had a lil break in trying to make it work but I still wanna make it work and play NTW3). Tried once again carefully and again the same errors, nothing changes. I realize that u believe that I could do something wrong, read something wrong, forgot about something but I assure you - I did everything, also those obvious things u wrote in your post above. Its not first time Im installing mod for TW, it's not first time I'm manipulating files. The problem must be lying somewhere else...

Go to our Discord channel @Lordz NTW3 and look for the tech support to help you with this problem