Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 mod download & technical issues

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    That's great news.
    My new 8.7 installation is missing text everywhere in campaign right now. Is that another known bug now being corrected, or is it a common installation error that I need to fix for myself?
    That would be a conflicting text file in your data_folder that's overwriting the NTW3 campaign text file.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    That would be a conflicting text file in your data_folder that's overwriting the NTW3 campaign text file.
    Well, I have a NTW3_txt.pack and a NTW3_txt_hb.pack there. Both with a localization.loc file in them.
    Are they not meant to be there after NTW3 8.7 installation?

Well, I have a NTW3_txt.pack and a NTW3_txt_hb.pack there. Both with a localization.loc file in them. Are they not meant to be there after NTW3 8.7 installation?
    Remove (and archive) the NTW3_txt_hb.pack file from the data folder, it should rewrite itself if you play the HB mod again. Lord Cosak & Desaix do a very good job writing launchers for the NTW3 mods

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Remove (and archive) the NTW3_txt_hb.pack file from the data folder, it should rewrite itself if you play the HB mod again. Lord Cosak & Desaix do a very good job writing launchers for the NTW3 mods
    Thanks! All good now.

But I'm surprised Desaix left that file remain in the data folder like that. He says NE is fully compatible with NTW3, but this is clearly a slight incompatibility (NTW3 8.7 & NE 8.5).
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; March 02, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

But I'm surprised Desaix left that file remain in the data folder like that. He says NE is fully compatible with NTW3.
    A relatively small error on his part. They separated the CB & HB mod due to the large and growing size of each one.

A question about Grenadiers for Austria. In the description of Hungarian Grenadiers is written they are the best in Europe but then i looked at the standard Austrian one and they are actually a little better, maybe were they been inverted accidentally?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 07, 2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prince-93 View Post
    A question about Grenadiers for Austria. In the description of Hungarian Grenadiers is written they are the best in Europe but then i looked at the standard Austrian one and they are actually a little better, maybe were they been inverted accidentally?
    Probably some Hungarian propaganda going on here The Hungarian units (including Grenadiers) were larger units and quite formidable on the battlefield.

Hello
    Do you have to uninstall previous versions, such as 8.6, or can you install over them?

It is compatible with Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI?

Great job, thanks

Just so i understand this right, 8.8 is not too far off? and it is more of a hotfix dealing with the prussian recruitment issue and such things, correct? And if that is so, how far away from 8.8 going live are you? (you can give a very rough estimate since it is difficult to know these things even as the creator) a month, 2 months? I got a very bad itch to play as the Prussians with Bran Mac Borns submod

NTW3 v88 campaign patch files are going to Bran this week so he can work on them
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 26, 2020 at 10:16 PM.

Default Help CTD Launcher works

i have played napoleon vainilla for some time so i tried installing NTW3 8.7, all the instalation instructions are followed, i launch the launcher and then when i select campaing, harcore battles or normal battles, even when i select restore vainilla the game CTD help

help i followed the installation instructions and when the launcher appears i select anything and it CTD's how i can fix it?

Go into the ntw data folder and remove all mod folders (NTW3, DM, etc) then go to . . .
    ~Steam Library ~right click TW Napoleon & left lick Properties
    ~select Local Files & left click Verify Integrity of Game Files (this will restore all original files)
    Play a vanilla ntw battle & campaign to initialize the files then then re-install the NTW3 v87 mod
    Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 26, 2020 at 10:22 PM.

It's my B-day today and as a present i was hoping for a playable Prussia!
    Anyway, please keep up the good work i am literally in here every day now to check if 8.8 is released yet. And consecutively also checking if Bran Mac's 8.8 patch is up yet

Hello. I just downloaded this mod and I am having trouble playing classic battles single player (not in campaign). I can never change the factions. I am always Austria and the computer is always Bavaria. Whenever I click the flags, a list never comes up with the other factions. I previously had the 8.1 version and had no problems. Do you have any idea what is going on? I have Napoleon installed on my D drive if that helps. I also have other mods installed for Napoleon but they are all turned off via a mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Freden View Post
    It's my B-day today and as a present i was hoping for a playable Prussia!
    Anyway, please keep up the good work i am literally in here every day now to check if 8.8 is released yet. And consecutively also checking if Bran Mac's 8.8 patch is up yet
    Please check your TWC mail
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yea send me the files.

Yay! Just in time for Coronavirus sequestering for 3 months.

Would you change the campaign flags to be more historically accurate? Most are still vanilla and I've seen other mods do this.
    Also congratulations on your work!

Edit: After a little research it seems most flags are accurate. Never Mind

Also would like to see what you could do with the Italian campaign, lol.
    Last edited by skillfultree; March 29, 2020 at 09:45 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi, did you guys port more units over to the main campaign or are they all still limited to MP?

Hi,
    Im new here and setting this up for my son, however when installing I get an error "An error occurred while trying to read the source file: The source file is corrupted", and this is on the ....\Packs\Pennincular\txt.pack file