Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

  1. #1
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    NTW3 v8.7 is now posted on Mod DB for download https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3



    ~Classic Battle & Hard Core have additional factions & custom units to choose from.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    ~Peninsula campaign has three factions; English, Spanish & French (MP play is supported).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    ~Ottoman campaign includes 3 factions The Ottomans, Russia & Austria (with no diplomatic restrictions)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    ~The 1805 Campaign has 20 playable factions to choose from.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 31, 2020 at 08:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues



    With the release of Napoleonic Total War III 8.7 several days ago TSJ took the time to create an install video. A few people were confused about the launcher patch but fear not, this guide will help! Hope you have a Super great weekend and thanks for supporting the NTW3 mod!




    Carefully follow the install instructions that are posted in the video above. Be sure to follow the last step of the install video and copy the Napoleonic_Total_War_III_8.7 file from your download que to the Launcher2 folder. Then copy this file as a shortcut and paste it on your desktop to include the Campaign games in the launch menu.

    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 31, 2020 at 08:38 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Missing Text from units

    Just found out about this amazing mod. Some of the units have names like Old Guard, but other units are missing the name. Pretty sure its something on my end.

  4. #4
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: Missing Text from units

    Quote Originally Posted by tubblebubble View Post
    Just found out about this amazing mod. Some of the units have names like Old Guard, but other units are missing the name. Pretty sure its something on my end.
    Check your data folder and remove any txt.pack files as shown in red or other local files from other mods.
    The two local files in green box are original NTW files and must be retained in the data folder!
    The NTW3 launcher will copy and paste the correct txt.pack file for the NTW3 mod that you're playing, (classicbattle, campaign etc.)

    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 04, 2020 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Unfinished Bayonet? (Cosmetic)

    This is a small detail that is annoying to look at so I was just curious if it was possible to fix in NTW considering the amazing work that has been done with NTW 3 thus far. I just recently started playing the Imperial Destroyer mod for ETW and they have managed to make the end of the bayonet look correct. I have always hated the look of the bayonet on the end of the muskets in ntw because they look unfinished. It is literally an unfinished block where the bayonet attaches. Has anyone tried to model this? It looks great in Imperial Destroyer.

  6. #6

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Hello
    Your mod for battles is great, new units and more generals with good portraits. Can you insert all of them in the 1805 campaign mod?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 06, 2020 at 10:58 PM.

  7. #7
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by castoche View Post
    Hello
    Your mod for battles is great, new units and more generals with good portraits. Can you insert all of them in the 1805 campaign mod?
    The Peninsula mod was done with the updated Classic Battle units, stats & uniforms. We will be moving on to update the Egyptian campaign sometime in the future.

  8. #8

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The Peninsula mod was done with the updated Classic Battle units, stats & uniforms. We will be moving on to update the Egyptian campaign sometime in the future.
    Hello thanks for your quick response.I played in the peninsular campaign and did not see your units with portraits of generals as in the battles mod. When I buy a general with one of your portraits the next arrives with a vanilla portrait? Can't we have generals only with NTW3 portraits? Will you update the 1805 campaign as was done with the Peninsula campaign?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 07, 2020 at 03:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by castoche View Post
    Can't we have generals with only with NTW3 portraits? Will you update the 1805 campaign as was done with the Peninsula campaign?
    The NTW files allow us to setup three generals for recruitment with pictures and traits, thereafter it is done randomly by the AI and it also provides the NTW vanilla pics & stats.
    The 1805 has 20 playable factions and over 700 individual units in the campaign files. This make it very difficult to change out units.
    We've decided to mod the smaller Egyptian & Italian campaigns with NTW3 Classic Battle units & stats for future updates.

    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 07, 2020 at 03:45 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The NTW files allow us to setup three generals for recruitment with pictures and traits, thereafter it is done randomly by the AI and it also provides the NTW vanilla pics & stats.
    The 1805 has 20 playable factions and over 700 individual units in the campaign files. This make it very difficult to change out units.
    We've decided to mod the smaller Egyptian & Italian campaigns with NTW3 Classic Battle units & stats for future updates.
    Okay, I understand that for the 1805 campaign changing all the units is too much work. But adding the special units with portrait of generals for the 5 main NTW3 factions is this possible?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 09, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

  11. #11
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by castoche View Post
    Okay, I understand that for the 1805 campaign changing all the units is too much work. But adding the special units with portrait of generals for the 5 main NTW3 factions is this possible?
    Not possible with the current format that CA uses to recruit Generals past the three that are queued up at the beginning of the campaign game. As you select generals the AI adds them at random from a list in the ntw data base which I have not seen over the many years of modding the campaign game. However we have added three recruit-able Generals for most of the other minor factions that are playable in the NTW3 1805 campaign.

    Ottoman starting Generals and recruitable Generals (from initial que)


    Spanish recruitable Generals
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 10, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Hi! i'm having some issues launching the the game after switching to peninsular campaign; i just reinstalled the game and the mod but the problem is still there, any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks for the mod, playing as france in the europe campaign was amazing.

  13. #13

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    First of all, thx for the mod. You guys 've done a great job. I was just wondering, is it possible to add more background music to the campaign map in a future patch/update? I love the music from this time period.

  14. #14

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Hey all! great mod!

    Is there any flute march music? there seems to be only drums and they play irregular. Fresh install, no other mods installed.

  15. #15

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Hi,
    Don’t want to sound like a nagger by posting twice in a week but I noticed that I get a CTD when Napoleon dies in battle.
    I’m playing as the Batavian republic and I was fighting Austria. I noticed when I clicked the end turn button that napoleon with a very small army sieged an Austrian city. When it was Austrians turn, they sallied out against Napoleon and at that moment the game crashed. I read on a forum this can happen and I should prevent this battle from happening. So I loaded an earlier save and moved my army next to napoleon so It could help in the battle. After ending the turn this time, the game didn’t crash. But a couple of turns later the same situation occurred (Napoleon sieging a city with an army that’s way too small to win a siege) and this time I couldn’t move in my army to help. Again, the moment it’s Austrians turn and they engage in battle the game crashes.
    Is there a solution other than babysitting Napoleon with my army or starting a new game? As the Dutch I can’t afford an army whose sole purpose is to defend Napoleon. Other than that I haven’t had any issues with the mod. Keep up the good work

  16. #16
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Seekerwis View Post
    First of all, thx for the mod. You guys 've done a great job. I was just wondering, is it possible to add more background music to the campaign map in a future patch/update? I love the music from this time period.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKtheUNDEAD View Post
    Hey all! great mod! Is there any flute march music? there seems to be only drums and they play irregular. Fresh install, no other mods installed.
    There is a large selection of music available at the start up of the NTW3 v8.7 mod, the campaign music is the original version to keep the mod file size within reasonable limits.
    If the music does not play correctly check for other mods that may be causing a conflict.

  17. #17
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Seekerwis View Post
    I noticed that I get a CTD when Napoleon dies in battle.
    I have not noticed that problem in play testing. It may be a bad custom unit in Napoleon's army stack that's causing the CTD. I'll check it out as we work on the v8.8 patch for the campaign game.

  18. #18
    Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    I have not noticed that problem in play testing. It may be a bad custom unit in Napoleon's army stack that's causing the CTD. I'll check it out as we work on the v8.8 patch for the campaign game.
    "v8.8" huh? Interesting to release a new version so soon after the last. Thanks for being on the ball about it.

  19. #19
    Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    "v8.8" huh? Interesting to release a new version so soon after the last. Thanks for being on the ball about it.
    It will be more of a patch for the campaign that fixes some of the prior bugs and a few additions.
    We've updated the Prussian roster and fixed the issue with their Military Academy recruitment.
    Also added level 5 Culture buildings for the Spanish & Ottoman factions.






  20. #20
    Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: NTW3 v8.7 download & technical issues

    That's great news.
    My new 8.7 installation is missing text everywhere in campaign right now. Is that another known bug now being corrected, or is it a common installation error that I need to fix for myself?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •