Thread: Is it possible to make new skeletons on Shogun 2 Total War? Did CA cancel the way?

Default Is it possible to make new skeletons on Shogun 2 Total War? Did CA cancel the way?

Hi, everyone. I want to make a mod about adding some brand new arms that doesn't exist originally in S2TW. For example, elephants or chariots. One player from internet told me if I want to do it, I need to change or add skeletons and it is impossible, since CA cancelled the ways that allow players to do. I don't know if it is true because there was few persons answered my question. So I want to ask you who know these knowledges, did CA really cancel the ways and players can not to add new skeletons? Or is it still possible to do that? I am really grateful for you if you could tell me. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Text format removed.

Default Re: Is it possible to make new skeletons on Shogun 2 Total War? Did CA cancel the way?

Elephants skeleton remained somewhere in game files from Empire time. I mean, it's possible to export model with Empire elephant skeleton in BOB (and probably it's possible to do the same with camel). But I didn't add yet elephants to battle (current, I have problem with elephant rider animation table). So, to add elephants you don't need create new skeleton - you can use skeleton from Empire (probably soon I will publish example elephant file, prepared to export models, but I have to polish it) and elephant animations from Empire.
    About add completly new skeleton - I don't know, I'm looking for a way to add new skeleton type. It's possible in Rome II, but I don't know how to do it for Shogun 2.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Is it possible to make new skeletons on Shogun 2 Total War? Did CA cancel the way?

Thread moved from the S2TW General Discussion forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Oh, yes.I know there are elephants in Rome2 Total War. Maybe I could practise it with exporting skeletons to Rome2 from Empire. But I am confused that how can I make sure my adding models are avaliable.

Why do you want export Empire skeleton to Rome 2? Rome 2 animations files and Shogun 2 animations files works a bit different, so knowledge about adding new skeleton to Rome 2 probably wouldn't help you in add skeleton to Shogun 2
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Oh, maybe I think too much. Because I am worried adding a brand new arms into S2TW would crash the game. I don't know there are some differences between animation files of R2TW and S2TW first.