Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SURPRISED; WHY is 3K forums so DEAD relative to other TW titles?

Default Re: SURPRISED; WHY is 3K forums so DEAD relative to other TW titles?

My thoughts are because even though the game isn't bad, it doesn't nearly excel at things that make traditional total war fun. Shogun 2 was smaller in scope with less features but tactically it has battles that can make you feel like your strategy and tactical decisions have made a difference. Newer total wars continue to stray further from this point as evidenced by the now flagship total war title Warhammer. With those games as long as you bring the best unit and bring it in numbers you will win. in three kingdoms it tried to split the lines between warhammer type gameplay and 'records' i feel that was a mistake they should have chose a style for the game. Eventually they moved towards romance which might be the best for that series, however i feel like if they will go romance they need to change a few things and make the game more character based with events and creating a sub-faction system in the faction ala CK2 with more intrigue etc.
    Last edited by StringingTerror; June 04, 2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: elaborate thoughts

The General Discussion section for Three Kingdoms on TWC has 3,486 posts with 207 threads. The General Discussion section for Three Kingdoms on Total War forums, the original forum for Total War games, has 72.2k posts and 9.6k threads. I think it's just TWC losing its grip on Total War gamers.
    The Armenian Issue

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Because it's garbage. Just as all newer TW games. Long live the old times!!!!
    Probably things started going downhill after the Creative Assembly started using that stupid Warscape engine and quality of the games...changed!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345