Thread: Total War.org 'Game Mechanics' Section

Icon1 Total War.org 'Game Mechanics' Section

Hello fellow Total War fans & citizens of the internet etc. etc.,

I don't know how well-known this is, but, I thought that I ought to spread the word about it. On the T.W.C.'s sister site Total War.org, there is an incredible space devoted to understanding and researching, with fairly exacting precision, the inner-workings of Rome: Total War.

Unfortunately, the old laboratories are abandoned now, but, the research still stands. Almost all of it is very interesting.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...Game-Mechanics

There's also another 'area' of the forum called the "Scriptorium". This has other, different, research:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...77-Scriptorium

As someone who never really visits the site, I found this very enlightening, & thought it might be helpful for modders.

But, it is probable that this is just common knowledge & I am late to the party.
    Last edited by G. Ward; January 30, 2020 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added a link to the 'Scriptorium' area of Total War.org

-
    G. Ward

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War.org 'Game Mechanics' Section

Some (most?) of the info is scattered all over the workshops. I would suggest to make a post with a descriptive heading in the code\text workshop of RTW and then ask one of the moderation staff (guys in green, leonardo is the most active) if it merits a sticky.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by G. Ward View Post
    Hello fellow Total War fans & citizens of the internet etc. etc.,

I don't know how well-known this is, but, I thought that I ought to spread the word about it. On the T.W.C.'s sister site Total War.org, there is an incredible space devoted to understanding and researching, with fairly exacting precision, the inner-workings of Rome: Total War.

Unfortunately, the old laboratories are abandoned now, but, the research still stands. Almost all of it is very interesting.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...Game-Mechanics

As someone who never really visits the site, I found this very enlightening, & thought it might be helpful for modders.

But, it is probable that this is just common knowledge & I am late to the party.
    What Gig said, just gather as much information you can and post it here without a thread prefix.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Okay. Thanks guys. Will do.
    Last edited by G. Ward; January 30, 2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: The contents of the post has been striken-through.

-
    G. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    What Gig said, just gather as much information you can and post it here without a thread prefix.
    Hang on a sec. How do I post something without it being a thread? Or, without the thread prefix?

My only option on that page is to post a new thread.

-
    G. Ward

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

If thread prefix exist in a forum you'll notice it by a drop down menu at the top left and I think the default value is - [No Prefix], but I am sure Gig can correct me if I'm wrong.

So, yes, post a new thread without a thread prefix (select no prefix or do I have to change it ).
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If thread prefix exist in a forum you'll notice it by a drop down menu at the top left and I think the default value is - [No Prefix], but I am sure Gig can correct me if I'm wrong.

So, yes, post a new thread without a thread prefix (select no prefix or do I have to change it ).
    Okay. Thanks.

Take care.

-
    G. Ward

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

As a TW Org Admin, I am very glad to have fellow TWCers on to our site and vice versa. Enjoy the Scriptorium and all of the wealth of content!

Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!