Thread: How does War Weariness work?

Semisalis

Default How does War Weariness work?

I've sunk much time into 1212 over the past month, but I still have not a clue how war weariness works. It seems to go up and down almost at random. Several times now I've had it relatively high ~34% and then a minute later, in the same turn, without having made peace or engaged in diplomacy at all, it's down to 14% or even single digits. Then other times I've declared war on a faction and war weariness decreased.

Specifically, how do I reduce war weariness when it is impossible to make peace with other factions?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How does War Weariness work?

I'm pretty sure that it increases if the war isn't going well for you and winning battles will decrease it.

Semisalis

How does the game determine whether the war is going well for me? I'm not losing battles or cities so those cannot be factors, but as far as determining who is winning those are the only two conditions that would/should matter.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I'm not sure . I believe it's changed in this mod but I can't find any explanation of how.

Semisalis

Neither can I, war weariness isn't part of unmodded Attila and I cannot find any documentation from the mod on how it works.

Way to harshly...especially infecting integrity, which is already to frequent.

TBH I rarely check war weariness.
    I've been at war almost the time on my latest campaign, its 1245 (4TPY) and war weariness has stayed at 0% on the odd occasion I checked it.
    I also have no idea how it works.

It's from Age of Charlemagne originally, which should help you understand it.

Semisalis

Oh I haven't played the DLC campaigns, I didn't realize war weariness was a DLC feature I thought it was from the mod. I see no official explanation of how it works. The most common guesses that I have seen are along the lines of :

You gain War weariness by losing battles, settlements and cities,

You lose War Weariness by winning battles, gaining settlements
    But this is wrong. I'm gaining war weariness without losing any cities or battles, and I'm losing it without fighting any battles or ending wars or doing anything with my armies or diplomacy at all. Maybe those quoted things do factor in, but there's much more going on that is not obvious and I'm having a hard time making sense of it.

War weariness is too harsh in my opinion. it is causing massive penalties for something you cant even control. Im playing as the abbasids and most of europe and the catholic factions are at war with me. they all refuse to make peace. i dont think war weariness makes sense to this degree. is there any way to later the war wearnines factors.