Thread: Question about besieging ...

Default Question about besieging ...

forgive me if this is in the wrong forum:

im using the newest version of EBII, wondering about sieges?

I can get my army all the way to the city center (flag) point but nothing happens, do i have to eliminate every enemy unit to win? How does this work exactly... Im playing Greece and its usually a slog just to get to the middle. Let alone hunt down every unit, by that time the timer is usually out and i auto-lose. Any tips?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Default Re: Question about besieging ...

The victory timer for being in control of the center is much longer in EB than it is in vanilla, so in practical terms yes, you do kind of need to kill or rout every unit.

Theoretically, you can win by outnumbering the enemy greatly in the center for 20 minutes. In every siege I fought*, the enemy was always wiped out or broken before that timer could finish.

Edit: *in every siege I won,

I do have cheese ready for this situation, bypass the need to assault the city by besieging it with a small and outmatched army. They will either sally out (the more ideal situation, as they will pour out of the gate nearest to your army and reduce the risk of outflanking you) or reinforcements will attack you in the field. As long as you win the ensuing battle the garrison will be annihilated and you can claim the city.
    Last edited by BailianSteel; February 25, 2020 at 06:19 AM.

The "town square" timer is 20 minutes.