Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1874

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

  1. #941

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Never seizes to amaze me how quickly can a group of people do a complete 180 with its narrative. Barely over a month ago, Democrat (and similar establishmentarian politicians in Europe like Merkel or Sadiq Khan) brass was going around telling everyone that virus is a nothingburger and that they should go out for crowded events, and now they are desperately trying to do an ideological 180. truly, they are the last people to lecture anyone on "conspiracy theories", I mean they literally called Chinese virus a "racist hoax" in February.
    Establishmentarian politicians are literally the most dumb group in our society.

  2. #942
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Never seizes to amaze me how quickly can a group of people do a complete 180 with its narrative. Barely over a month ago, Democrat (and similar establishmentarian politicians in Europe like Merkel or Sadiq Khan) brass was going around telling everyone that virus is a nothingburger and that they should go out for crowded events, and now they are desperately trying to do an ideological 180. truly, they are the last people to lecture anyone on "conspiracy theories", I mean they literally called Chinese virus a "racist hoax" in February.
    Establishmentarian politicians are literally the most dumb group in our society.

    Are you... what?! May I ask for your sources? Could you find Merkel or Sadiq Khan's words in early March 2020 encouraging people to go out for crowded events?!

    Meanwhile, a short reminder of Trump and Coronavirus in USA. I took the liberty to put Trump's statements that contradict statements he made shortly before in red.

    "Jan 8th - First CDC warning
    Trump campaign rallies continue
    Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
    Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
    Trump campaign rallies continue
    Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” + "This is a flu. This is like a flu" + "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    Feb 28th “This is their new hoax.” (In a campaign rally)
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” + “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.” + “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there.” + “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

    THE U - TURN!!!!

    March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
    March 17th - “This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
    March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
    April 4th 300,000 infected with COVID-19, 1300 deaths in one day.


    Based on that, I would dare say that people with blinders on, that refuse to see how Trump downplayed the virus till the stock market crashed hold more dumb views than establishment politicians.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 10:32 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  3. #943

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    @Alhoon, Democrats and their European, um, colleagues, literally disregarded the virus and called people to go into crowds and not be afraid. That's just a bit over a month ago. The events they told people to go to, were in same areas that were hit the worst by the pandemic. So it wasn't really Trump who made a U-turn (since he was one of the first world leaders to react), it were Democrats that did that.
    I'm not even talking about Chinese puppets in WHO, that resisted declaring it pandemic and congratulated Chinese regime on job well done.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; April 06, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

  4. #944

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Sadiq Khan: 'don't spread panic or alarm', 'there is no risk in using the tube or buses or other public transport or going to a concert', 'wash your hands', 'you can catch it if in close contact with someone with it for 15 minutes'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egQexBdssDA

  5. #945
    Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Civitate

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    7,482
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    My goodness, first time I heard of this, Spanish government officials must have gone to this protest in spain in March! https://english.elpais.com/society/2...rus-fears.html
    A
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus

    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

  6. #946

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Here is another flashback: WHO tells world not to worry, because China has everything under control, January 14.
    I think we can all admit, despite partisan differences, that this crisis vindicates anti-globalists, nationalists, euroskpetics, conspiracy theorists and other people that turned out to be 100% correct about globalist establishment and its organizations all along.

  7. #947
    caratacus's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    3,855

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Guess nobody told Tigers to wash their paws
    Coronavirus: Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for Covid-19
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52177586
    The chances of a virus to jump species to humans is a million to one. But nevertheless still possible for some viruses, where there is prolonged close contact. The chances of that same virus to jump species yet again within 3 months of that cross infection and infect another completely different species of animal, least of all a Tiger in a zoo, is considerably more.

    Nobody really understands completely this virus, its origin, how it is transmitted and differentials in infection rates amongst a population. Those that do profess to know are idiots and prone to believe false narratives. The only safe way presently to tackle this scourge is through testing, testing testing (WHO quote) and the quarantine of cases.

  8. #948
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Here is another flashback: WHO tells world not to worry, because China has everything under control, January 14.
    I think we can all admit, despite partisan differences, that this crisis vindicates anti-globalists, nationalists, euroskpetics, conspiracy theorists and other people that turned out to be 100% correct about globalist establishment and its organizations all along.
    Noooooooooope, WHO did not downplay Coronavirus at January 14. The FULL article states that more research is required, not that it is a hoax. It also clearly mentions that this is based on what China was saying...
    Furthermore... January 14 is more than a month ago, isn't it? You were claiming Merkel and Khan were telling people the Coronavirus is nothingburger in March, not the WHO saying "We don't know enough" in January 14.


    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    @Alhoon, Democrats and their European, um, colleagues, literally disregarded the virus and called people to go into crowds and not be afraid. That's just a bit over a month ago. The events they told people to go to, were in same areas that were hit the worst by the pandemic. So it wasn't really Trump who made a U-turn (since he was one of the first world leaders to react), it were Democrats that did that.
    I'm not even talking about Chinese puppets in WHO, that resisted declaring it pandemic and congratulated Chinese regime on job well done.
    I still don't see sources. I see a video of a smarmy guy pointing out deficiencies in UK's attempts to push Social distancing... at a time where:
    A. Johnson was still toying with the herd-immunity crap
    B. the politicians were calling for social distancing but they didn't implement it perfectly

    Now, you claimed Khan said it was a nothingburger. In your own source, I see a headline that Khan says that Londoners should stay home so that the trains would be safe from spread of the virus. That's not saying the Coronavirus is a nothingburger, that's ... not very efficient but not downplaying it. Johnson did downplay it BTW, but Johnson is a not an establishment politician

    Meanwhile, at early March, as I have shown to you Trump was congratulating himself for a work well done how everyone that needs a test has access to a test (hint: They do not).
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  9. #949

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Noooooooooope, WHO did not downplay Coronavirus at January 14. The FULL article states that more research is required, not that it is a hoax. It also clearly mentions that this is based on what China was saying...
    Furthermore... January 14 is more than a month ago, isn't it? You were claiming Merkel and Khan were telling people the Coronavirus is nothingburger in March, not the WHO saying "We don't know enough" in January 14.
    No, that's about WHO downplaying the virus because they want to appease China.
    I still don't see sources. I see a video of a smarmy guy pointing out deficiencies in UK's attempts to push Social distancing... at a time where:
    A. Johnson was still toying with the herd-immunity crap
    B. the politicians were calling for social distancing but they didn't implement it perfectly

    Now, you claimed Khan said it was a nothingburger. In your own source, I see a headline that Khan says that Londoners should stay home so that the trains would be safe from spread of the virus. That's not saying the Coronavirus is a nothingburger, that's ... not very efficient but not downplaying it. Johnson did downplay it BTW, but Johnson is a not an establishment politician

    Meanwhile, at early March, as I have shown to you Trump was congratulating himself for a work well done how everyone that needs a test has access to a test (hint: They do not).
    It contains video statements and twitter posts of Democrat brass calling for people to go outside. Johnson and Trump were reacting to pandemic back when establishmentarian crowd was still pontificating about how racist acknowledging virus is.

  10. #950
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    No, that's about WHO downplaying the virus because they want to appease China.
    Not really, no. That's the WHO in mid January saying they don't know enough. If you want to see it as an appeasement to China, that's your choice. I consider is baseless though.

    It contains video statements and twitter posts of Democrat brass calling for people to go outside.
    So, you expect me to watch the whole video to fish for twitter posts from the Democrat Brass?

    Also, what about your statements that Merkel (leader of the free world my fellow Americans. ) and Khan were downplaying the virus in March?

    Johnson and Trump were reacting to pandemic back when establishmentarian crowd was still pontificating about how racist acknowledging virus is.
    Most of Europe has restrictions USA has not taken yet. So... nope, Trump is still downplaying the virus.

    As shown:
    March 5th “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.” + “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there.” + “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    That's Trump downplaying the virus when everyone was telling him it was a damn disaster.

    Fast forward a Month: x2500 cases, x1000 deaths. That's from the guy claiming how good he is at understanding those.
    Please, tell me how you consile in your mind the "We're doing a tremendous job, just 11 deaths" to what's happening a month later.



    I have yet to see a single shred of evidence that the "Establishment crowd" was pontificating about how racist it was to acknowledge Kung Flu In march. Just a few radicals were offended by that hilarious joke, BTW.
    And before you find one idiot in some second-rate party somewhere in the world downplaying the pandemic, you need to establish that by and large, a significant portion of establishment politicians did that.

    Yes, many governments were downplaying Coronavirus in January, not in March. February 27 Trump was saying that it would blow over quickly, like a miracle and February 28th he called it the new hoax.

    Comparisons:
    Germany: Arrival 24 January
    On March 9, Merkel emphasized it was important to slow down the spread and buy time.
    On 10 March, Chancellor Merkel announced that between 60 and 70 per cent of Germans would get the virus
    On 11 March, Merkel dedicated an entire press conference on the topic of the COVID-19 crisis and announced liquidity support for companies.
    On 22 March, the government announced a national curfew

    France: Arrival, 28 January
    March 12: Close of schools and universities
    March 13: Ban on gatherings of 100+ people
    March 17: Mandatory home confinement

    Austria: Arrival, 25 February
    On 10 March 2020, the government announced that all universities would close their classes
    On 15 March, a ban was also announced for public gatherings of more than five people, and restaurants were ordered to close
    On 16 March, nationwide ban, homes may only be left for [short list of reasons]


    And more... you can find more yourself.


    Now, USA: Arrival January 15.
    On March 16, the White House advised against any gatherings of more than 10 people <=== not banned
    By March 20, the U.S. began barring entry to foreign nationals who had been in 28 European countries within the past 14 days <=== Europe was in a bad condition already and lockdowns were in effect pretty much everywhere

    Did Trump ordered a nationwide curfew by mid March? How about banning by order of the PotUS all gatherings of more than 10 people?
    We're in early April and he still hasn't done what the "Establishment politicians" have done since Early March!

    And this picture says it all:
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 01:20 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  11. #951

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Not really, no. That's the WHO in mid January saying they don't know enough. If you want to see it as an appeasement to China, that's your choice. I consider is baseless though.
    So congratulating Chinese regime for job well done is not appeasing it?
    So, you expect me to watch the whole video to fish for twitter posts from the Democrat Brass?
    The video is not even 10 minutes long. I don't see how you have to "fish" for a number of videos and twitter posts from Democrat brass downplaying the virus.
    I do think that telling people to go to a large public gathering is far worse then out of context optimism of Trump. Like I said, I just find it amusing how Democrat apologists ignore the fact that Trump was literally criticized by the same side for reacting to the pandemic, which was somehow deemed as "racist" by the Democrat brass. That's also even more obvious from Canada, government of which refused to even shut down travel because it would be "racist". Or that our "health minister" only has a degree in graphic design.

  12. #952

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Alhoon:
    Sadiq Khan: 'don't spread panic or alarm', 'there is no risk in using the tube or buses or other public transport or going to a concert', 'wash your hands', 'you can catch it if in close contact with someone with it for 15 minutes'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egQexBdssDA

    There are also legal questions as to whether Trump could order a nation wide 'lockdown'.
    Recall a week or so ago, when it came out that Trump was considering a regional lockdown for NY and and Cuomo's reaction.

    Edit:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ckdown/609127/
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 01:43 PM.

  13. #953
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,051

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I've seen people online blaming the whole thing on 5G, saying the virus' symptoms are actually caused by 5G. Or that the virus is a hoax by the Deep State(TM) so they can put up 5G towers to mind control us/steal our precious bodily fluids. How the evil 5G waves know to only attack people not in the Deep State(TM) is never explained.

    Two other explanations I've seen from the reality-challenged:

    1:The virus is a fake, part of a plot by the Deep State(TM) to make Trump lose the election and set up a totalitarian state lead by Dr. Fauci/Obama/Clinton/Soros. Everyone who claims to have had the virus or had a loved one die from it, and all health care workers, are crisis actors/Deep State(TM) agents. Why Trump is just going along with all of this is never explained.

    2: The Democrats are pushing social distancing and quarantines because they don't want you to know about Trump's magic pills.

    The magic pill theory has led to many of Trump's supporters ignoring quarantines and continuing to hold social gatherings, believing that they'll take Trump's magic pills and be fine while laughing at the deaths in New York City and Blue States.
    I have to say that I wonder how leftists come up with these incredibly distorted impressions of "right wingers". I read and peruse a fairly wide spectrum of news each day, both left and right, and I have never send any of this. I can only assume that it may come from the talking heads on TV and cable. Your statements here aren't quite believable.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

    Are you... what?! May I ask for your sources? Could you find Merkel or Sadiq Khan's words in early March 2020 encouraging people to go out for crowded events?!

    Meanwhile, a short reminder of Trump and Coronavirus in USA. I took the liberty to put Trump's statements that contradict statements he made shortly before in red.

    "Jan 8th - First CDC warning
    Trump campaign rallies continue
    Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
    Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
    Trump campaign rallies continue
    Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” + "This is a flu. This is like a flu" + "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    Feb 28th “This is their new hoax.” (In a campaign rally)
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” + “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.” + “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there.” + “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

    THE U - TURN!!!!

    March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
    March 17th - “This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
    March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
    April 4th 300,000 infected with COVID-19, 1300 deaths in one day.


    Based on that, I would dare say that people with blinders on, that refuse to see how Trump downplayed the virus till the stock market crashed hold more dumb views than establishment politicians.
    That list is highly selective. Why did it leave out Trump's travel ban(s) ?

    And just for the record, WHO's advisory on January 14th stated there was no evidence for human to human transmission:

    “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.

  14. #954

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Here is another flashback: WHO tells world not to worry, because China has everything under control, January 14.
    I think we can all admit, despite partisan differences, that this crisis vindicates anti-globalists, nationalists, euroskpetics, conspiracy theorists and other people that turned out to be 100% correct about globalist establishment and its organizations all along.
    No, it doesn't. It's extremely stupid to suggest as such since there is no substance to make such a claim on.


    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    That list is highly selective. Why did it leave out Trump's travel ban(s) ?


    Trump hardly enacted any travel ban. There are restrictions and citizens as well as residents are exempt from them.


    First COVID19 case was diagnosed on January 20th by CDC in Washington. He returned from Wuhan, China on January 15th. While Italy banned all flights from China right after a couple were tested positive for the virus, Italy's also first ever case, USA only issued restrictions on travel from China on January 31st.

    Later on March 12th, Trump suspends travel to Schengen area countries, again, for foreign travelers only. UK and Ireland do not receive restrictions at this time. At that date there were about 30 thousand cases of COVID19 in UK.

    So, perhaps, to answer your question, leaving in Trump's non-existent travel bans would not exactly make him look better.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; April 06, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  15. #955

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    No, it doesn't. It's extremely stupid to suggest as such since there is no substance to make such a claim on.
    Um, what? Have you read the article? This is a quote from WHO.

  16. #956
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    That list is highly selective. Why did it leave out Trump's travel ban(s) ?
    Because I was discussing how Trump downplayed the virus in early March, not all his actions about it. I said from the beginning that I feel he took some actions too late (or have not taken them still).

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    That list is highly selective. Why did it leave out Trump's travel ban(s) ?

    And just for the record, WHO's advisory on January 14th stated there was no evidence for human to human transmission:

    [FONT="]“Preliminary investigations conducted by the [/FONT][FONT="]Chinese authorities[/FONT] have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted.
    From the quote you just posted there: Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the WHO tweeted

    I.e. "Prelimary" and have found no clear evidence, not that they have found evidence IT IS NOT transmitted. I.e. WHO was saying "let's not panic yet, we need more data". And they were saying that in January 14th, not 28th February like Trump.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  17. #957
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Alhoon:
    Sadiq Khan: 'don't spread panic or alarm', 'there is no risk in using the tube or buses or other public transport or going to a concert', 'wash your hands', 'you can catch it if in close contact with someone with it for 15 minutes'
    That's Khan being wrong about the buses and trying to not alarm people. He didn't say it was a hoax like Trump did, nor he claimed the government has a good grip on it and that it will all blow away by April, like Trump did.
    And he suggested washing of hands (which everyone suggests) and warned that you can catch if you're in close contact with someone for 15 minutes. <=== i.e. contradicting himself about the buses and concerts.
    I can't say that Khan's self-contradictions ("You can use the bus or go to a concert... provided you wash your hands, don't touch anyone and stay there less than 15 minutes!") are inspiring to be honest. He doesn't sound too inspiring, to say the least.

    Regardless, the point I wanted to argue was not "EU and England as a whole did an awesome job with the Coronavirus and USA did EVERYTHING wrong!!!!!!1111oneoneone"
    But this: "No, despite what Heathen Hammer says, I have evidence that establishment politicians around the globe were not claiming Coronavirus is a nothingburger a month ago and that would blow off by April, as such they didn't make a U-turn. On the contrary Trump did downplay Coronavirus and made a U-turn in mid-March, here is the evidence!" and I provided a list of evidence, words from Trump and actions other states have taken in Early March.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    There are also legal questions as to whether Trump could order a nation wide 'lockdown'.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ckdown/609127/
    Well, he could have delved in the "murky" legal waters of that. He didn't seem to have a problem with murky legislation or actions in the past (Muslim ban etc). Then, we could say that HE TRIED and failed. Not that he didn't try.

    Also, Trump said there were tests available for everyone, there were not and he didn't order the companies to make them sooner despite everyone telling him a storm was coming.



    Heathen Hammer: The Democrats accusing Trump that calling a virus that came from China as Chinese virus is racist (IMO, it isn't but that's not the point) does not mean they were downplaying the severity of the pandemic!
    There were presidential primaries and Debates that were postponed before Trump declared a national emergency.

    To claim that Democrats were downplaying the severity of the Virus that came from China because they didn't want to say "it came from China" is disingenuous. The same can be said for the Democrats spewing some crap about the few things Trump\Republicans DID DO OK or even well (the senate wrangling over the stimulus comes to mind...).

    What I mean is that Democrats saying "Trump is racist to accuse China for this!!!!1111oneoneone" or "Trump is racist for not wanting illegal immigrants to cross during the Coronavirus epidemic!!!!!!1111oneoneone" DOES NOT mean they underestimate the virus. They were strongly criticizing his lax attitude towards this problem since February.

    Disclosure: If Trump had gone the other side, acting all serious and imposing or pushing for quarantines etc etc THEN many democrats would be all about "Trump's fascist administration is putting more and more restrictions in personal freedom, using this pandemic as an excuse to push his evil, authoritarian agenda. WE SHOULD NOT LET HIM!"
    ANd that's because many Democrats (similar to many Republicans) are partisan hacks that simply take the opposing side of their competitor in the elections.

    IN SHORT: Trump being lax in January and February = majority of democrats being hardcore to spite him.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  18. #958

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Um, what? Have you read the article? This is a quote from WHO.
    No, it's not. Why are you making stuff up about basic stuff? WHO pointing at China to say that there is no evidence of human to human transmission on January 14 doesn't vindicate anyone, nor is there any statement in the article you posted that suggests as such.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  19. #959

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    That's Khan being wrong about the buses and trying to not alarm people. He didn't say it was a hoax like Trump did, nor he claimed the government has a good grip on it and that it will all blow away by April, like Trump did.
    Trump did not call coronavirus a hoax.

    Making excuses for Khan, when you requested his statement, and then making incorrect statements about Trump to draw some sort of false contrast does not stand your argument in good stead.

    Well, he could have delved in the "murky" legal waters of that. He didn't seem to have a problem with murky legislation or actions in the past (Muslim ban etc). Then, we could say that HE TRIED and failed. Not that he didn't try.
    The federal government and/or president has constitutional power in who enters the country.
    Entirely different from claiming authority to lockdown sovereign states.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 03:24 PM.

  20. #960
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,918

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Trump did not call coronavirus a hoax.
    He called the (sensible) attacks on his lack of action towards Coronavirus a hoax.

    https://www.france24.com/en/20200320...on-coronavirus
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/trum...-new-hoax.html
    https://www.businessinsider.com/five...navirus-2020-3

    "Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus… this is their new hoax." <=== Trump, 28th of February, ~2 weeks before declaring a national emergency over this "hoax"

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The federal government and/or president has constitutional power in immigration or whatever matters.
    Entirely different from claiming authority to lockdown sovereign states.
    OK, that's fine. States are states. But that's not the only thing he delayed.
    He could ASK the governors to take this more seriously and lock down their sovereign states and he could have instituted the ban on travels from Europe a week earlier. And one week does a lot of difference. There would be 100-200 outbreaks less inside USA if he had blocked travel from Europe a week earlier.
    On top of that, he could have used the power of his office to get the production rack up when it was initially presented to him, instead of toying with the idea for 3-4 days.
    Furthermore, he could have used the resources of the federal government to prepare better.

    All in all, those days of delay were crucial.

    There's a reason USA's new cases increase at +30% per day where other states are at +15% at this time. And that reason is Trump.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 03:26 PM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •