Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

China and Cuba are researching a pan-Coronavirus vaccine that will eliminate all coronavirus epidemics from MERS, SARS to SARS-Cov-2.

Pan-Corona: Cuban-Chinese research to anticipate next epidemics

“All the predictions and scientific rationality indicate that unfortunately we will have to suffer new epidemics as a logical result of the increase in world population, animal production and the movement of people,” explained Dr. Gerardo Guillén, director of Biomedical Research at CIGB.

Source: https://oncubanews.com/en/coronaviru...ext-epidemics/

There's hope yet for the future, you won't have to live in fear of new strains of COVID arising due to indian or british negligence.

Indefinitely Banned

Delta variant of Covid-19 mutates i ..
    t

the Indians have produced a new deadlier strain of the original delta variant; the Delta Plus.

Gotta love the marketing behind Make in India.

btw in the UK, the rates of indian delta variant are rising, and by autumn, will be the biggest spike in cases.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...anamo-bay-book

Former President Trump reportedly suggested sending Americans infected with COVID-19 to Guantanamo Bay in an effort to stem the rapidly growing number of cases on U.S. soil in the early days of the pandemic, according to a new book.
    Trump, during a February 2020 meeting in the Situation Room as administration officials were discussing whether to bring infected Americans home for care, reportedly asked the attendees “Don’t we have an island that we own?” and “What about Guantánamo?”
    The book also reveals Trump's reaction to the testing crisis that bogged the country’s initial response to the virus.
    “Testing is killing me!” Trump reportedly told then-Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar during a phone call on March 18. Trump was yelling so loud that aides were said to have overheard every word of the conversation.
    “I’m going to lose the election because of testing! What idiot had the federal government do testing?” Trump exclaimed.
    “Uh, do you mean Jared?” Azar responded, according to the Post, referring to the president’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who five days earlier said he would spearhead the country’s testing strategy by enlisting the help of the private sector.
    See, this is why you shouldn't elect know-nothing loudmouths who have coasted through life on Daddy's money.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    China and Cuba are researching a pan-Coronavirus vaccine that will eliminate all coronavirus epidemics from MERS, SARS to SARS-Cov-2.
    Lets wait and see.
    NIH launches clinical trial of universal influenza vaccine ...
    A first-in-human, Phase 1 trial assessing the safety and immunogenicity of an investigational nanoparticle influenza vaccine designed to provide long-lasting protection against multiple flu virus strains has begun at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland
    --------
    in the UK, the rates of indian delta variant are rising, and by autumn, will be the biggest spike in cases.
    It's a race between the vaccine and the virus.In the UK, the Delta variant makes up 90% percent of all Covid-19 infections. In Lisbon, 60% .Here, there is a growing trend of of new cases and hospitalizations. Europe Watches With Worry As Delta Variant Spreads Fast In UK and Lisbon

Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were 88% effective against symptomatic disease from the delta variant compared with 93% effectiveness against the alpha variant. Vaccines highly effective against B.1.617.2 variant.

--------
    Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies Persist for up to 13 Months-pre-print
    Our study demonstrates a long-term persistence of anti-S IgG antibodies that may protect against reinfection.
    --------
    Salivary SARS-CoV-2 load reduction with mouthwash use: a randomized pilot clinical trial. Heliyon June 17, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e07346
    T
    he saliva of patients with COVID-19 has a high SARS-CoV-2 viral load. The risk of spreading the virus is high, and procedures for viral load reduction in the oral cavity are important...Despite this transitory effect, these results encourage further studies and suggest that these products could be considered as risk-mitigation strategies for patients infected with SARS-CoV-2.
    That said, even better, Povidone Iodine 1% (BETADINE) Gargle And Mouthwash
    is very effective., 0.5% or 0.25% PVP-I is more than enough to kill the virus. I have been using it occasionally. Just dilute with water.

Can povidone iodine gargle/mouthrinse inactivate SARS-CoV ...

Although a small amount of iodine is systemically absorbed from the mucosa, thyroid function is not commonly affected. However, an increase in the serum thyroid-stimulating hormone concentration has been noted in individuals with prolonged PVP-I treatment (24 weeks) [41], [42], [43], [44], [45], [46], [47], [48]. Under these circumstances, it is advisable to have a 3-week interval to allow the serum TSH levels to stabilize. PVP-I should be avoided in patients with hyperthyroidism, thyroid dysfunction states, pregnancy, and lactation [48], [49], [50], [51]. Allergy to PVP-I is also extremely rare, with a prevalence rate of 0.4% [10].
    Last edited by Ludicus; June 22, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

I personally think it could be too late; as we have already TANKED the international economy, hundreds of millions of people have already plunged into poverty. And a number of studies show that socioeconomic status not only determines the CoV-19 infections and mortality rates, but also the mortality from other diseases I.E. it's estimated that the GFC caused 500,000 excess cancer deaths between 2008-10.

SO we might continue to see even more CoV-19 deaths (until herd immunity is reached through vaccination due to socioeconomic factors), along with excess mortality from other diseases/infections.

One study found that every 1 percent increase in unemployment was associated with 0.37 additional cancer deaths per 100,000 people. And that Every 1 percent drop in healthcare spending was associated with 0.0053 additional deaths per 100,000 people.

SO we might just be curbing one virus (assuming we can even curb CoV-19, for all we know, the current vaccines might be ineffective versus future strains of the virus and the virus will stay with us for a long time), at the expense of increase other diseases as people are plunged into poverty and unemployment soars.
    And when it comes to Cancer ALONE, we could be looking at figures as high as 250,000 or more (we don't really know the exact figure), excess mortality per year for the next 10 years it is predicted it will take our economy to recover pre-CoV-19 levels. This is HUGE...

I still maintain (as I did from mid-2020), that draconian restrictions imposed by most countries, resulting in plunging the world economy into recession was not the correct thing to do...
    ...And things will get much worse before they get better due to a spike in poverty levels (especially in the developing nations), and probably more people will die due to socioeconomic factors than from the virus itself in the next decade.
    Last edited by Stario; June 24, 2021 at 10:38 AM.

Source: https://oncubanews.com/en/coronaviru...ext-epidemics/

There's hope yet for the future, you won't have to live in fear of new strains of COVID arising due to indian or british negligence.
    Except COVID 19 was due to Chinese negligence

Most new diseases emerge in China .
    The article explains why.

https://www.realclearscience.com/blo..._in_china.html

Less than total honesty by the Chinese government helped spread COVID-19. Had the Chinese been more honest, pwrhaps the outcome for COVID would have been different. https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...astating-lies/
    Last edited by Common Soldier; June 24, 2021 at 01:40 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Until now, vaccines work on the variants -BNT162b2-elicited neutralization of B.1.617 and ... - Nature
    To date, there is no evidence that virus variants have escaped BNT162b2-mediated protection from COVID-19.
    Edit,
    Coronavirus: Israel reimposes masks amid new virus ... - BBC
    The right thing to do.

And the neo-fascist Bolsonaro did this,

Another little girl says....”I’m bolsonarist. I’m ten-years old”
    Last edited by Ludicus; June 25, 2021 at 01:51 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Indefinitely Banned

Sydney is now undergoing a 2 week lockdown thanks to community transmission of the Delta indian strain.
    https://www.rt.com/news/527653-austr...dney-lockdown/

Oh well, time to catch up on some reading.

Indefinitely Banned

Anyone notice how the USG is trying to weasel out of their BS bioweapon lab leak media campaign from 3 weeks ago?

Maybe because BS doesn't stand up to real science.
    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...64724660625414

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Anyone notice how the USG is trying to weasel out of their BS bioweapon lab leak media campaign from 3 weeks ago?

Maybe because BS doesn't stand up to real science.
    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...64724660625414
    If the virus was man made, it likely escaped from some Chinese lab. But it didn't. It was bread among the numerous Chinese wet markets where they sell freaking megabats and armadllios for snacks, like it was the most normal, casual thing these days to plunder the wildlife and stuff your face with it. Those primitives, yes PRIMITIVES, still believe, that drinking pulverized tiger penis gets you off more often. How dignified is that? I tell you how: it is so incredibly shameful, that people would make up stories about experimental viruses in Wuhan China escaping from labs. It's pitiful, abso-freaking-lutely pitiful.

Does the civilized world have to suffer the consequences of the shamanistic primitivism of backwards Chinese, wrinkle faced tea peddling grandmas and their ruthless sons who would sell them in an instant? Nobody wants Chinese pulverized Grandma tea (i'm sure they put some actual Grandma in there). I for one would rather drink my own piss.
    Last edited by swabian; June 28, 2021 at 11:23 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    If the virus was man made, it likely escaped from some Chinese lab. But it didn't. It was bread among the numerous Chinese wet markets where they sell freaking megabats and armadllios for snacks, like it was the most normal, casual thing these days to plunder the wildlife and stuff your face with it. Those primitives, yes PRIMITIVES, still believe, that drinking pulverized tiger penis gets you off more often. How dignified is that? I tell you how: it is so incredibly shameful, that people would make up stories about experimental viruses in Wuhan China escaping from labs. It's pitiful, abso-freaking-lutely pitiful.

Does the civilized world have to suffer the consequences of the shamanistic primitivism of backwards Chinese, wrinkle faced tea peddling grandmas and their ruthless sons who would sell them in an instant? Nobody wants Chinese pulverized Grandma tea (i'm sure they put some actual Grandma in there). I for one would rather drink my own piss.
    See now, this is the level of QAnon outburst that one has come to expect from the American or indeed the ppl of the anglosphere; you'll notice that they don't rely on science or the scientific statements by doctors or researchers, but rather the innuendo of politicians.

We saw this disgraceful and racist behaviour from the Trump admin as we are now seeing from the Biden admin and the mouthpieces of the media- yet nothing of the sort from actual doctors and scientists. Now, why is that?

btw, Traditional Chinese Medicine has been key in the recuperation treatments of COVID patients which is the reason why patient outcomes are superior in China and even Taiwan which is combating its second wave, compared to the response in the US and UK.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

If you're worried about China losing face over shamanistic primitivism, then rest becalmed. China never had a face to begin with since Mao.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    If you're worried about China losing face over shamanistic primitivism, then rest becalmed. China never had a face to begin with since Mao.
    Actually, that "shamanistic primtivism" is actually a key part of China's success in combating COVID which is why even states like Australia have endorsed Traditional Chinese Medicine as a regulated practice.

You'll be happy to know that even rich Hollywood stars and athletes make a point of going to get acupuncture and cupping done as part of Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Source: i mix in these circles, you don't.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Sydney is now undergoing a 2 week lockdown thanks to community transmission of the Delta indian strain.
    https://www.rt.com/news/527653-austr...dney-lockdown/

Oh well, time to catch up on some reading.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

You'll be happy to know that even rich Hollywood stars and athletes make a point of going to get acupuncture and cupping done as part of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
    Let see what did PT Barnum say ....
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

btw, Traditional Chinese Medicine has been key in the recuperation treatments of COVID patients which is the reason why patient outcomes are superior in China and even Taiwan which is combating its second wave, compared to the response in the US and UK.
    Which part of "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is that though, the basic folk remedies (that occur in every other culture as well), or the "we can't get erections and rather than quitting smoking and drinking all day, let's exterminate endangered animal species for some quack treatments" part? Because I'm pretty sure the latter part is only going to create more interesting diseases, apart from ruining the world of course.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Which part of "Traditional Chinese Medicine" is that though, the basic folk remedies (that occur in every other culture as well), or the "we can't get erections and rather than quitting smoking and drinking all day, let's exterminate endangered animal species for some quack treatments" part? Because I'm pretty sure the latter part is only going to create more interesting diseases, apart from ruining the world of course.

With all due respect, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Traditional Chinese Medicine is regulated in China, Taiwan Korea et al and Australia under CITES; endangered animal species are a core concern especially since those who do Traditional Medicines tend to be the sustainability, green, eco-friendly types. What endangered and animal products that were traditionally prescribed have long been replaced by sustainable alternatives.

There's a reason why COVID patient outcomes are superior in China compared to say, the UK or the US. TCM is an adjunct therapy used alongside conventional medicine

@topic
    Indians cry ‘discrimination’ as AstraZeneca’s local vaccine left off EU’s green list, but identical European-made one included

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/527844-india...cines-twitter/

I'm actually in agreement with the Europeans on this; the indian made vaccine infamously gave their own Health Minister COVID indicating the inactivated virus in the vaccine wasn't sufficiently inactivated.

Germany and France in particular have worked really hard to contain COVID; it was stupid to even allow travellers from India to come into the countries as happened in Australia which is why there is a lockdown now.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

There's a reason why COVID patient outcomes are superior in China compared to say, the UK or the US. TCM is an adjunct therapy used alongside conventional medicine
    Link please as could any other placebo that people believe in.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Scientists have joined media pundits in acknowledging that evidence supporting the lab leak theory was suppressed by their own political bias, and by fear of retribution from the left wing mob. Another example of the toxic environment produced by the overwhelming left wing dominance of media and national institutions.
    "I know a lot of people want to have a smoking gun," said Chan, a postdoctoral associate at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard University who specializes in genetic engineering and has been vocal about the need to investigate the possibility of a lab leak. "It's more like breadcrumbs everywhere, and they're not always leading in one direction. It's like the whole floor is covered in breadcrumbs."

Chan said there had been trepidation among some scientists about publicly discussing the lab leak hypothesis for fear that their words could be misconstrued or used to support racist rhetoric about how the coronavirus emerged. Trump fueled accusations that the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a research lab in the city where the first Covid-19 cases were reported, was connected to the outbreak, and on numerous occasions he called the pathogen the "Wuhan virus" or "kung flu."

"At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn't want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins," she said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...tists-rcna1191
    The article goes on to assert that “no new evidence” has been uncovered in the last year or more, further underscoring how valid inquiry was shut down by politics - in much the same way the efficacy of lockdowns has been exaggerated in order to cover for the economic and social devastation caused by panicked government bureaucrats and politicians trying to protect their careers.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Even little fasci Fauci, the pathetic lying PoS, is on board.
    In fact, 'Dr. Do as you are Told' has always been on board. Just ask him:

"“We’ve always said ‘keep an open mind and continue to look.’ So I think it’s a bit of a distortion to say that we deliberately suppressed that.”

Which is, of course, why Daszak (whose organization received funds from fasci Fauci's) thanked him for shooting down the lab leak hypothesis...
    “I just wanted to say a personal thank you on behalf of our staff and collaborators, for publicly standing up and stating that the scientific evidence supports a natural origin for COVID-19 from a bat-to-human spillover, not a lab release from the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” Daszak wrote to Fauci on April 18, 2020.

“From my perspective, your comments are brave, and coming from your trusted voice, will help dispel the myths being spun around the virus’s origins,” Daszak added. Fauci responded to Daszak’s email on April 19, writing “Many thanks for your kind note.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/rese...201433387.html

The amount gaslighting and lies from this wubhead (remember he has always said the risk China's Cave Bat Lab Lung AIDS virus spreading outdoors was extremely low, which is why we were not told for a year to stay home and were told go outside and never had limitations or shut downs put on parks or beaches etc) is astounding.