Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Praeses

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    ... Weekly percent increase in mortality from any cause as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic by country.
    I need this stickied on my phone. I have spent many a fruitless hour trying to explain how the 'flu contributes to so many more deaths each year than the plain old "cause of death" lists. I had some seriously smart guys scoffing at me "Cyclops, the Bureau of Statistics says its 1000-1500 each year in Australia, not tens of thousands" but fortunately i had Mrs Cyclops and her actual knowledge of the situation on the ground to back me up.

BTW all the masks and social distance made a difference, I think I mentioned before but the homeless in my city are so much healthier without the normal levels of 'flu. Its so counterintuitive but in at least some areas its the rich (international travellers etc) who make the poor sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post

----
    Very promising treatment,
    Therapeutically administered ribonucleoside analogue MK -Nature Microbiology...

Open for recruitment. Currently in phase 2.3 clinical trials,1300 participants. Start date October 2020. End date April 2021.
    ---
    Information provided to ClinicalTrials.gov,
    Efficacy and Safety of Molnupiravir (MK-4482) in Hospitalized Adult Participants
    ...OK I am fatter and have less hair and also never cuddled a bear, but...

Very happy to hear this. After all the work of more or less eliminating community transmission it'd be great to ring fence and exterminate this ****ing thing before it gets to infect every living human.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ya'll remember at the beginning of this Trump and his death cult were all about the "Obama and Biden failed on H1N1! We lost 12-18 thousand people!"

Yeah...that was over the course of a year.

And by the end of today we will have surpassed 18,000 deaths in the last week if the numbers hold from yesterday.

What great leadership Trump's administration has provided.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

From COVID REFERENCE,
    Wajnberg A, Amanat F, Firpo A, et al. Robust neutralizing antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 infection persist for months. Science. 2020 Dec 4;370(6521):1227-1230. PubMed: https://pubmed.gov/33115920. Full-text: https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abd7728
    Ania Wajnberg and colleagues used a cohort of 30.082 infected individuals with mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms screened at Mount Sinai Health System in New York City to determine the robustness and longevity of the anti–SARS-CoV-2 antibody response. They found that neutralizing antibody titers against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein persisted for at least 5 months after infection. The authors plan to follow this cohort over a longer period of time.
    ----------------------------------------------
    We all remember well that Anders Tegnell predicted early this year that Sweden would be saved from a second Covid wave due to high levels of immunity in the general population. A failed prediction.
    We need help,' says Stockholm healthcare chief as ... - Reuters
    ... as ICUs reach 99 percent capacity,
    Stockholm, Sweden's Largest City, Has Only Seven ICU Beds Free Amid COVID Surge
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

The Big Pharma did a good job. But,

Statement by UN Human Rights Experts Universal ... - OHCHR

In order to mitigate and contain the spread of the pandemic globally and to support national and international economic and financial recovery, it is imperative that COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment goods, including any potential vaccine, are fully available, accessible and affordable to all on this planet.
    Jonas Salk, 1952 – could you patent the sun?

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

"One occupation whose priority is being hotly debated is teaching. The C.D.C. includes educators as essential workers. But not everyone agrees with that designation.
    Marc Lipsitch, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, argued that teachers should not be included as essential workers, if a central goal of the committee is to reduce health inequities.
    “Teachers have middle-class salaries, are very often white, and they have college degrees,” he said. “Of course they should be treated better, but they are not among the most mistreated of workers.”"

"Harald Schmidt, an expert in ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, said that it is reasonable to put essential workers ahead of older adults, given their risks, and that they are disproportionately minorities. “Older populations are whiter, ” Dr. Schmidt said. “Society is structured in a way that enables them to live longer. Instead of giving additional health benefits to those who already had more of them, we can start to level the playing field a bit.”
    But to protect older people more at risk, he called on the C.D.C. committee to also integrate the agency’s own “social vulnerability index.”"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/05/h...ine-first.html

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Marc Lipsitch, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, argued that teachers should not be included as essential workers, if a central goal of the committee is to reduce health inequities.
    “Teachers have middle-class salaries, are very often white, and they have college degrees,” he said. “Of course they should be treated better, but they are not among the most mistreated of workers.”"
    True but getting schools open effectively and safely is critical to low income people as well. That said there is a huge issue with not knowing if a vaccinated person is still a potential transmitter. The very tiny shred of early data from the two leading vaccines seems to say they are at least less likely to be so. Getting schools open is critical to low income (and people of color) who depend on them to provide a place for kids to be, who have poor access to online connectivity, for free to subsidized lunch and breakfast etc so they can actually go to work. The equation is more apparent when you add in how many schools are directly tied into via co location or busing to head start systems in the US. Not to mention after school programs. Low income people are very much in the US dependent on the US school system being in full operation mode and have far less resources or flexibility to work at home or have multiple vehicles etc to make at home or hybrid schools work
    Last edited by conon394; December 19, 2020 at 09:04 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

The UK strain is much much more virulent; to our UK members, stay safe.

Praeses

Bloody COVID got out in Sydney (I have three family members isolating right now after fleeing the state, awaiting test results so fingers crossed they got out clean), and parts (who knows? maybe all of it depending on how bad it gets) Australia is looking at another lockdown.

Just takes one or two idiots wandering out of quarantine or so it seems. The week leading up to the outbreak a South American flight crew snuck out of the airport (muchas gracias *s!) so there's been a few chances for this thing to happen all over again, not sure who is behind the current strain but probably from the US by all accounts.

Thanks so much guys for screwing the pooch (special mention to the Orange Idiot for making it a slam dunk with the idiot failure of leadership!), at least two of the three major outbreaks are from our number 1 ally.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Indefinitely Banned

The outbreak in sydney probably came from US embassy staff since they can't definitively trace the sydney strains from flight crew; i'm putting my money on diplomatic staff since they don't need to quarantine in hotels like everyone else has to, and the outbreak occurred in well monied areas in sydney.

I'm assuming all the racists calling COVID-19 the 'China Virus' will now be calling this new strain the 'UK Virus'.

That's how this works right?
    Last edited by TheLeft; December 21, 2020 at 04:43 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

That’s how it has always worked, from marburg to west nile.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Two people killed by gunshots get classified as Chinese Cave Bat Lung AIDS deaths:
    "The Grand County, Colorado coroner is calling attention to the way the state health department is classifying some deaths.
    The coroner, Brenda Bock, says two of their five deaths related to COVID-19 were people who died of gunshot wounds.
    “these two people had tested positive for COVID but that’s not what killed them,” she said. “The gunshot wound killed them.”"
    https://www.kmov.com/news/colorado-c...3e11d0f46.html

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    I'm assuming all the racists calling COVID-19 the 'China Virus' will now be calling this new strain the 'UK Virus'.

Exactly, what we have seen in the US is the result of a regime more committed to a white supremacist vision than actually helping people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    You must not keep up with WHO/international medical naming conventions, which made the point of not assigning place names to epidemic/pandemics way back in 2015:
    https://www.who.int/news/item/08-05-...tious-diseases

By your logic, should AIDS now be called the "white american gay virus"?

Should the Spanish Flu now be called the "white middle america virus"?

Or even COVID-19, considering the evidence is mounting of COVID being present in north america prior to Wuhan:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=68be544a4bf8

Thanks to the USG's desire for a race war with China over battling the coronavirus, future pandemic/epidemics are going to have governments more reluctant to raise the alarm which means more dead people.

@topic
    The Anglo nations are failing to contain coronavirus, at the head we have the US which announced 400k infected in a single day:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/us-c...ss-400000.html

The Anglo nation of the UK having completely failed containment even went the extra mile to mutate an even more infectious version of COVID.

And finally the Anglo nation of Australia failing to resist the temptation of eating bat and having to go into another lockdown.

The effects of COVID on these respective economies is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    @topic
    The Anglo nations are failing to contain coronavirus, at the head we have the US which announced 400k infected in a single day:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/us-c...ss-400000.html
    This report on the Chinese Cave Bat Lab Lung Aids Virus is from April 8th. And is about (confirmed) infections topping 400000.

====

I heard a John Hopkins dude being interviewed on the news while driving around saying that there are between 75 and 150 million who have been infected in the US (he was commenting that the way the confirmed infections is reported is misleading).

Daily gun shot deaths number at 100 or so in USA. Meanwhile, registered COVID19 deaths for the past few days have been wiggling between 1500 and 3500. Any contribution from gun deaths is minuscule, hence, its misleading to dwell in it.

Meanwhile, a more positive bias-proof way of looking at this is excess deaths. It shows the real impact of COVID19. We're either not over-counting or we're not adequately measuring how a pandemic impacts healthcare.

The Armenian Issue

Indefinitely Banned

Bigger question that should be asked is why there are so many Bat Eaters in Anglo America and Anglo Australia & the UK?

Meanwhile in Wuhan...

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cked-down.html

Amazing what can be achieved when citizens wear masks, follow clear government instructions and are pro-social.

EDIT: Basically, you could all be enjoying Christmas with your families and loved ones if you had listened to China and taken on Chinese instructions on how to beat the virus...as opposed to smoking QAnon crap.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Daily gun shot deaths number at 100 or so in USA. Meanwhile, registered COVID19 deaths for the past few days have been wiggling between 1500 and 3500. Any contribution from gun deaths is minuscule, hence, its misleading to dwell in it.
    Notice the utterly retarded claim here that accurately reporting how someone dies is "misleading".

As I noted previously in this thread, Colorado had been called out previously on its reporting, when someone who died of alcohol poisoning was classified as a Chinese Cave Bat Lab Lung Aids Virus death.

This led to Colorado having to review and reclassify, reducing the deaths by something like 1/4th (IIRC).

All these need to be reviewed and accurately reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Notice the utterly retarded claim here that accurately reporting how someone dies is "misleading".
    As I noted previously in this thread, Colorado had been called out previously on its reporting, when someone who died of alcohol poisoning was classified as a Chinese Cave Bat Lab Lung Aids Virus death.
    This led to Colorado having to review and reclassify, reducing the deaths by something like 1/4th (IIRC).
    All these need to be reviewed and accurately reported.
    No one really claimed that its misleading to accurately report how someone dies. I understand why you dwell on such misleading claims though. What has been pointed out, instead, is that there are those that try to use negligible inaccuracies to imply that COVID19 kills much less people than it actually has. Colorado didn't really reclassify anything as well. They just changed how they reported the numbers. They used to report anyone that died while testing positive, which also allowed false negatives and positive in the data (though much more false negatives). Now, they also report death certificates that indicate COVID19 as one of the causes. This also means that a lot of cases can be missed when doctors fail to connect the strain of COVID19 to causes of death. That's why they continue to provide both numbers.
    The Armenian Issue

Indefinitely Banned

The Anglos in the UK knew about this new strain back in September; people died because they didn't inform the public:
    Who knew what and when about Britain's Covid mutation? PHE first discovered the fast-spreading variant in October but didn't raise the alarm until last week - amid claims scientists held back discovery to bounce No10 into Tier Four

• Public Health England was first alerted to existence of the strain in mid-October from patient in September
    • Yet ministers were not made aware of the variant until last Monday, on December 13, almost two months later
    • On Friday, the PM was then presented doom-mongering data by Nervtag showing it was 70% more infectious
    Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-disarray.html

Mainland Europe is now openly calling the Anglos "the sick man of europe"
    'Sick man of Europe': UK cut off over fears about new COVID strain
    Source: https://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN28V0OC

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    It was first spotted in Brazil. https://www.newsweek.com/mutation-ne...-1556430?amp=1
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.