Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I bet every overthrown ruling class in history assumed at some point, in its hubris, that it won't be overthrown.
    I will concede the point, that at some point between now and cold heat death at the end of time, that the Australian Government might cease to exist in the current form as we know it.

But that's not the point you were making now was it.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    I will concede the point, that at some point between now and cold heat death at the end of time, that the Australian Government might cease to exist in the current form as we know it.

But that's not the point you were making now was it.
    My point is that governments that abuse emergencies to gain more power are of overthrowable variety.
    Personally I hope that Australian politicians hear the voice of rationality and reason and stop this orwellian madness and do the right thing by resigning.

Praeses

The Australian Government will not be overthrown...
    -we all refer to the Prime Minister by their first name. We know them well, and they know us. all of us.
    Indeed the "revolt" in this country is some overfed neckbeards (but not overfed by me) who LARP as alt rights, and concerned sugar-free dieters with organic cotton (lol) underwear. They piggybacked on a union demonstration to mask their tiny numbers but manged to annoy a building union boss. The bodies won't be found until the current crop of skyscrapers is due to be replaced, say 10 years.

...Cyclops' friend is not representative. Cyclops, stop feeding Heathen.
    I am feeding them nothing, I have them on ignore. I am a feeder, but only in my social circle, and I feed friend and family delicious slow cooked turkey from my MiL's flock, pate made with cognac, and cakes of unusual intensity.

Plenty of posters on this site will have a screaming meltdown if you post so much as the correct definition of a word, I'm done with trigger warnings and worrying about snowflakes' reactions.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Indeed the "revolt" in this country is some overfed neckbeards (but not overfed by me) who LARP as alt rights, and concerned sugar-free dieters with organic cotton (lol) underwear. They piggybacked on a union demonstration to mask their tiny numbers but manged to annoy a building union boss. The bodies won't be found until the current crop of skyscrapers is due to be replaced, say 10 years.
    Source?

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

ICL 2021. Report 50 – Hospitalisation risk for Omicron cases in England. Imperial College London 2021, 22 December. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-globa...verity-Omicron
    Estimates of the Imperial College London suggest Omicron cases, compared to Delta, could be 20% to 25% less likely to attend hospital, and 40% to 45% less likely to be hospitalized for a night or more.
    Good news.
    -----
    A very interesting article, it’s about six false dichotomies: Health and lives vs. economy and livelihoods; Indefinite lockdown vs. unlimited reopening; Symptomatic vs. asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection; Droplet vs. aerosol transmission of SARS-CoV-2; Masks for all vs. no masking; SARS-CoV-2 reinfection vs. no reinfection
    COVID-19 false dichotomies and a comprehensive review of the evidence regarding public health, COVID-19 symptomatology, SARS-CoV-2 transmission, mask wearing, and reinfection
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    ICL 2021. Report 50 – Hospitalisation risk for Omicron cases in England. Imperial College London 2021, 22 December. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-globa...verity-Omicron

Good news.
    It is very good. If somewhat provisional. It does seem to illustrate Covid heading in the expected direction. The grey area now is whether the increase in transmissibility outweighs the lower virulence on a societal level. It will also be interesting how long 'low intervention' politicians will be able to hold out to public pressure if it does end up leading to more hospitalisations in overall numbers. I.e. Will Boris' hesitation over being the Christmas Grinch lead to him stealing NYE?

In parts of Aus, we've seen a 10 fold increase in Covid cases over less than two weeks... which is remarkable... even if starting from a low initial number. I'll be fascinated/anxious to see where it plateaus.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Well, some interesting developments... I have been asked to come back to work (unvaccinated), the reasoning -an influx of myocarditis and pericarditis admissions at my hospital. Well, this is good news (not the myo/pericarditis), but finally being appreciated a little.
    With that said, I think people are finally starting to see through the charade and are waking up to the suffering caused by the draconian mandates and blunders made by the Australian government. I have a feeling there will also be a big change of government here in Australia come to the federal elections. But we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    Well, some interesting developments... I have been asked to come back to work (unvaccinated), the reasoning -an influx of myocarditis and pericarditis admissions at my hospital. Well, this is good news (not the myo/pericarditis), but finally being appreciated a little.
    With that said, I think people are finally starting to see through the charade and are waking up to the suffering caused by the draconian mandates and blunders made by the Australian government. I have a feeling there will also be a big change of government here in Australia come to the federal elections. But we will see...
    Why don't you just get vaccinated?
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Source?
    Marie Antoinette.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...s_in_Australia

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thank goodness the bastion of freedom in Canberra has taken a stand against the Chinese police state and their prison camps.

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Praeses

It is very good. If somewhat provisional. It does seem to illustrate Covid heading in the expected direction. The grey area now is whether the increase in transmissibility outweighs the lower virulence on a societal level. It will also be interesting how long 'low intervention' politicians will be able to hold out to public pressure if it does end up leading to more hospitalisations in overall numbers. I.e. Will Boris' hesitation over being the Christmas Grinch lead to him stealing NYE?

In parts of Aus, we've seen a 10 fold increase in Covid cases over less than two weeks... which is remarkable... even if starting from a low initial number. I'll be fascinated/anxious to see where it plateaus.
    Health services extremely stressed rn, no one dying for lack of care yet but I feel that its close. Serious burnout for nurses and even doctors, lots of sudden personal leave requests and administrators begging people to reverse leave applications. Once again the essential workers getting thrown to the dogs, the politicians who wanted a photo op a month ago suddenly nowhere near the hospitals.

People are fatigued and the political pressure cynical ****s like Murdoch can bring to bear have meant the States have no appetite or will to enforce controls (its mostly fatigue although we have a nasty little fascist faction going ape**** with happiness at the soaring infection rate, I think the plan is to rule the post apocalyptic ruins smh), but also incredibly crap vaccine rollout (I think the Feds have tried to funnel all the money into the GPs three times, unbelievable pork barrelling when the clinics have worked so well, and the GPs so poorly).

Its taken a concerted effort but the right in this country have got the virus up and running in Australia. Maybe we can incubate out our own variant, really put us on the map.

1. Should be interesting to see if cases increase after the New Year.

2. There should definitely be a surge a fortnight after the Year of the Water Tiger starts.

3. Ironic, really, considering all that flooding in the year of the Metal Ox.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Health services extremely stressed rn, no one dying for lack of care yet but I feel that its close. Serious burnout for nurses and even doctors, lots of sudden personal leave requests and administrators begging people to reverse leave applications. Once again the essential workers getting thrown to the dogs, the politicians who wanted a photo op a month ago suddenly nowhere near the hospitals.

People are fatigued and the political pressure cynical ****s like Murdoch can bring to bear have meant the States have no appetite or will to enforce controls (its mostly fatigue although we have a nasty little fascist faction going ape**** with happiness at the soaring infection rate, I think the plan is to rule the post apocalyptic ruins smh), but also incredibly crap vaccine rollout (I think the Feds have tried to funnel all the money into the GPs three times, unbelievable pork barrelling when the clinics have worked so well, and the GPs so poorly).

Its taken a concerted effort but the right in this country have got the virus up and running in Australia. Maybe we can incubate out our own variant, really put us on the map.
    Don't worry Cyclops. Trickle down responsibility will save the hospitals.

On a brighter note, at least it will sweep through quick.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...antum-pendants

I've read others who say that 5G activates the evil poison in the vaccines. Never fear, just wear the radioactive necklace you payed $100s for and you'll be protected from Bill Gates' demon semen!

Praeses

Don't worry Cyclops. Trickle down responsibility will save the hospitals.
    Yes we must learn to live with COVID, and learn to make our own vaccines too.

On a brighter note, at least it will sweep through quick.
    Nah we just take another round of battering, but the defences have been levelled for the benefit of the snowflakes' "muh freedoms".

As long as idiots like Boris and ScoMo are running the show the virus will leak through sheer incompetence. It would have been nice to have some clean populations in case there is some long term consequences.

Yes we must learn to live with COVID, and learn to make our own vaccines too.

Nah we just take another round of battering, but the defences have been levelled for the benefit of the snowflakes' "muh freedoms".

As long as idiots like Boris and ScoMo are running the show the virus will leak through sheer incompetence. It would have been nice to have some clean populations in case there is some long term consequences.
    It has more to do "rules for thee, but nor for me" attitude from corrupt ruling classes in commonwealth countries, though its present all over the West as well.
    Can't blame public for resenting "health measures" when ruling elites don't even pretend to follow those themselves with all those maskless galas and summits and such.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Well, some interesting developments... I have been asked to come back to work (unvaccinated),
    unvaccinated? (Australia, right?)
    I quote,
    The Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Health Care Workers) Order 2021 has been made.Health care workers will need to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and both doses by 30 November 2021 to continue working for NSW Health or a Private Health Facility (licensed under the Private Health Facilities Act).
    The reasoning -an influx of myocarditis and pericarditis admissions at my hospital.
    Really? the cases are raising, why? are you a cardiologist? COVID-19 itself is associated with a substantially higher risk of myocarditis or pericarditis compared with vaccination.

--
    Can't blame public for resenting "health measures" when ruling elites don't even pretend to follow those themselves with all those maskless galas and summits and such.
    A splendid excuse for Covid deniers and vaccine skeptics. Fire Boris, period.

---
    Even if Omicron has half the lethality of Delta- as seems to be the case- if we leave cases growing exponentially fast, we are going to have more deaths. Being extremely contagious, with very rapid transmission, we're going to have big problems in January, with increased pressure on health services. Here and everywhere. I hope I’m wrong.
    Last edited by Ludicus; December 27, 2021 at 08:18 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Its not an excuse since no excuse is needed, its an explanation as to why there is growing public resentment to parasitical ruling finance class that imposes draconian restrictions on population while simultaneously exempting itself. We need to fire whole ruling class, not just one talking head.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Had it confirmed for me recently that my partner's parents (who refused to come to our now-postponed wedding because they wouldn't get vaccinated) actually believe in the insanity that is "vaccine shedding". Her dad won't even go visit his mother because she is vaccinated, and she was willing to risk seeing their unvaccinated selves if it meant not being alone for the holidays. They both are afraid of being around vaccinated people because of this .

Their reasons for not getting vaccinated seem to change every time it is brought up. First it was fetal cells, and when that was disproven they changed to microchips, and when that was disproven it became something else (they emailed it to me but I trashed it, I wasn't going to read that malarkey), and now it's shedding. Insane to me how reasonable and intelligent these people used to mask themselves as in the pre-2016 era. Seems to be no reaching them now when they are so deep in the death cult that they can no longer see light.

So at least now we know they wouldn't have come to our wedding anyway. They would have been surrounded by nothing but vaccinated people. I'm glad that I learned this because I was starting to actually feel guilty about the vaccine requirement.

These lies and conspiracies are an absolute cancer on society.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

And then all pesky anti-vaxxer relatives from anecdotal stories clapped, repented their evil sin of questioning government and kissed Fauci's portrait.

What has happened with COMINARTY, the Pfizer vaccine that received full FDA approval back in August?