Page 221 of 222 FirstFirst ... 121171196211212213214215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4438

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    The Chinese government continues to insist lockdowns are effective and necessary, and the anti-lockdown protestors are dangerous nutcases that threaten all of society. Sound familiar?
    Just like Canada's Trudy Castro said of the Canadian Truckers, while Australia fired rubber bullets at anti-locldown protesters...😆
    The hypocrisy of the "woke" west...

I’m sure the CCP would agree their properly implemented lockdowns are working quite well. The Chinese people, sadly, lack your common sense. Too bad foreign forces are hurting the effectiveness of the lockdowns with their politics.
    So say I have Ebola and decide I don't want to quarantine. Instead I plan to just vomit wherever and I don't care if I infect other people.

Are you a communist if you tell me not to?

Who are you to tell me what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    So say I have Ebola and decide I don't want to quarantine. Instead I plan to just vomit wherever and I don't care if I infect other people.

Are you a communist if you tell me not to?

Who are you to tell me what to do?
    Well, since you mentioned it:

The Ebola epidemic firmly entered the American consciousness in October 2014 with the tragic death in Dallas of Liberian Thomas Eric Duncan. His infection, and the subsequent illness of two of his nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, sparked disproportionate, nation-wide hysteria and outsized fear of an outbreak in the United States.

The report correctly places responsibility for the ensuing panic squarely at the feet of our nation’s political leaders. Through sheer or willful ignorance, or simple political expediency, many governors enacted quarantine measures and other restrictive policies that not only misled the public, but threatened to actually undermine—rather than protect—public health both at home and in Ebola-affected countries.
    This report is a critical first step of an overdue national reckoning.

Our leaders were enabled by a fear-mongering mass media that also ignored established medical science, further stoking panic and compounding an already immense public disservice.

In short, quarantine is an intervention of last resort, and requires an extensive analysis of disease-specific criteria as well as the broader considerations outlined above. Most infectious diseases fail this test, and quarantine “should not be considered a primary public health strategy in most imaginable circumstances.”34 In the United States, quarantine and other harsh measures have been deployed in the past in response to outbreaks of plague and smallpox, and “have consistently accelerated rather than slowed the spread of disease, while fomenting public distrust and, in some cases, riots.”35 The most recent use of large-scale quarantine for SARS in parts of Asia and in Canada also sparked controversy about the effectiveness of these measures.36

Movement restrictions short of full quarantine may be justified in some circumstances—for example, it might be appropriate to ban someone who had documented exposure to the disease from boarding a cruise ship that lacks the facilities to deal with an Ebola patient, in case that person does become ill. Overall, these kinds of exceptional cases will be rare, and not a basis for large-scale quarantine or movement-restriction of health care workers and others who may have come in contact with someone with the disease.

Many different voices within the scientific community have spoken out against the Ebola quarantines. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is a clinician who has treated Ebola patients and been a leader in the country’s response to every major infectious threat in the United States for over 30 years. Dr. Fauci has unequivocally stated that quarantines are unjustified and that monitoring of those returning from disease-affected areas is sufficient to stop any Ebola outbreaks on our shores.37

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...bolareport.pdf
    Funny how, after the hysteria of a viral outbreak subsides, the conclusion is always the same: “Wow lol lockdowns are stupid and people should have known better.” Luckily, the public has a maximum memory of about two weeks, so every time the same bs political solutions are employed to combat medical problems, there will always be bootlickers crying out “YAAAAS lock me down HARDER daddy!! Omfg I feel so SAFE rn!!” *lights cigarette*

Meanwhile, I got Covid and I didn’t even take off work (wfh). Good thing local businesses and workers had their livelihoods destroyed “to protect me.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    Just like Canada's Trudy Castro said of the Canadian Truckers, while Australia fired rubber bullets at anti-locldown protesters...��
    The hypocrisy of the "woke" west...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 07, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

The reason the lockdowns were so opposed on the right is because conservatism has no concept of the greater good, so they cannot comprehend doing something to help others without receiving something in return, to say nothing of doing something to help others at a cost to oneself. So they assumed it must be some horrible Illuminati/NWO/Deep State plot. It's the only way the conservative mind could wrap itself around liberals being willing to suffer inconvenience with grace, while the right was threatening civil war over it.

Meanwhile, I got Covid and I didn’t even take off work (wfh).
    The world does not begin and end with you. Some people I knew died of it, and others almost did. To argue as if your own experience is universal is as ridiculous as it would be for me to claim that since I took prescription opioids after my surgery and didn't get addicted or overdose opioids are therefore completely harmless and anyone who says they had a family member die of an overdose is a lying crisis actor.

I’m sure the CCP would agree their properly implemented lockdowns are working quite well. The Chinese people, sadly, lack your common sense. Too bad foreign forces are hurting the effectiveness of the lockdowns with their politics.
    Let's say I have a deadly contagious disease. Worse than smallpox, the plague, whatever. And because I have a super contagious, extremely deadly disease, I decide everyone* must quarantine. For, just say, two weeks.
    Not only do I demand that everyone stop and lock themselves in for two weeks, I also demand that soldiers be put on streets to enforce this lockdown and martial law declared. Then I demand that anyone who protests, just only months into the two week lockdown that I compel, being confined and having their businesses destroyed, because I have a deadly contagious disease, be declared a terrorist, summarily arrested and shipped off to a prison camp for re-education.

Am I some sort of totalitarian collectivist, a Nazi, a Commie, if I demand that?

Who are you to tell me I can't force other people to my will?

*except, of course, my buddies in The Party, who can go ahead and travel, have birthday celebrations with large groups get their hair done etc.. and generally go about their lives. And if anybody criticizes that, they should be declared terrorists as well.
    Last edited by Infidel144; December 08, 2022 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Let's say I have a deadly contagious disease. Worse than smallpox, the plague, whatever. And because I have a super contagious, extremely deadly disease, I decide everyone* must quarantine. For, just say, two weeks.
    Not only do I demand that everyone stop and lock themselves in for two weeks, I also demand that soldiers be put on streets to enforce this lockdown and martial law declared. Then I demand that anyone who protests, just only months into the two week lockdown that I compel, being confined and having their businesses destroyed, because I have a deadly contagious disease, be declared a terrorist, summarily arrested and shipped off to a prison camp for re-education.
    Am I some sort of totalitarian collectivist, a Nazi, a Commie, if I demand that?
    Who are you to tell me I can't force other people to my will?
    *except, of course, my buddies in The Party, who can go ahead and travel, have birthday celebrations with large groups get their hair done etc.. and generally go about their lives. And if anybody criticizes that, they should be declared terrorists as well.
    Altering facts of the matter doesn't make you a Nazi or a Commie.
    The Armenian Issue

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, I got Covid and I didn’t even take off work (wfh). Good thing local businesses and workers had their livelihoods destroyed “to protect me.”
    Nobody wanted to protect you, they wanted to stop a disease and that people who are more vulnerable or who simply care about their health did not get infected (for example by people like you). nobody would have cared if you and a hundred or a thousand others had gone to an island where you couldn't ever infect anyone who didn't share your ideas.

As far as I know, many lives were seriously affected by the pandemic, but no one starved to death due to the lockdown, as apparently has happened in China.
    Last edited by mishkin; December 08, 2022 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin
    Nobody wanted to protect you, they wanted to stop a disease and that people who are more vulnerable or who simply care about their health did not get infected (for example by people like you). nobody would have cared if you and a hundred or a thousand others had gone to an island where you couldn't ever infect anyone who didn't share your ideas.
    So you concede, then, that the lockdowns were ineffective and destroyed the economy for no reason. Got it.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So you concede, then, that the lockdowns were ineffective and destroyed the economy for no reason. Got it.
    Stretch Armstrong has entered the thread.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

Try reading my post again.

thanks to the confinements many people were saved.

if you have covid right now, you shouldn't go to work and if you do you should do it with a mask trying by all means not to infect others, please. some of us care that people die.
    Last edited by mishkin; December 08, 2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Try reading my post again.

thanks to the confinements many people were saved.

if you have covid right now, you shouldn't go to work and if you do you should do it with a mask trying by all means not to infect others, please. some of us care that people die.
    If I can infect people with Covid from the PC in my living room, I assure you, the lockdowns are even less effective than indicated by the evidence you choose to ignore.

As far as I know, many lives were seriously affected by the pandemic, but no one starved to death due to the lockdown, as apparently has happened in China.
    Other than, you know, thousands of kids around the world. Some of us care about them.
    We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus

Look what’s happened to smallholder farmers all over the world. Look what’s happening to poverty levels. It seems that we may well have a doubling of world poverty by next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oH...youtu.be&t=915
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 08, 2022 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries

If I can infect people with Covid from the PC in my living room, I assure you, the lockdowns are even less effective than indicated by the evidence you choose to ignore. .
    glad to hear you're not leaving the house, don't put the lives of others at risk.

glad to hear you're not leaving the house, don't put the lives of others at risk.
    Don’t worry, I’m not a government official, so there’s no chance I’ll have the power to lockdown cities and double world poverty/starve children. Also, I had Covid a few months ago, not that facts have any impact on your views.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 08, 2022 at 01:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Okay, you have a prepared speech and you don't care if you're just asked not to infect anyone.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Okay, you have a prepared speech and you don't care if you're just asked not to infect anyone.
    Thesaurus just thinks isolations should be voluntary and that in our magical libertarian unicorn land everyone who gets sick will choose to stay home and look out for themselves and we'll all be happily ever after with personal-responsibility and holding hands and frolicking with freedom of choice to run through spring fields and rolling hills.

Or some such.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Thesaurus just thinks isolations should be voluntary and that in our magical libertarian unicorn land everyone who gets sick will choose to stay home and look out for themselves and we'll all be happily ever after with personal-responsibility and holding hands and frolicking with freedom of choice to run through spring fields and rolling hills.

Or some such.
    It's a shame those communists liberal race traitors in charge of the smallpox eradication didn't listen to the libertarian wisdom of "I got mine, screw you." and instead groomed the world with their Marxist deep state Democrat vaccines huh?

EDIT: Now that noted raving idiot and spoiled manchild Elon Musk is spewing out how Fauci should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity, I think we can safely say none of the anti-lockdown "vaccine shedding made my penis small(er)" people should ever be taken seriously on any subject.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; December 11, 2022 at 09:11 PM.

This should have been a top story on all news channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    This should have been a top story on all news channels:

More conspiracy-woo to fool the gullible. You might as well post official North Korean statements as news stories "they" don't want you to know.

Mutating viruses in medical research is routinely done to see how the virus might develop in the wild so vaccine variants can be ready in time. Saying there is anything sinister about that is the equivalent of saying putting fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in a building is proof of intent to burn the building down.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; January 27, 2023 at 04:03 PM.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Mutating viruses in medical research is routinely done to see how the virus might develop in the wild so vaccine variants can be ready in time. Saying there is anything sinister about that is the equivalent of saying putting fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in a building is proof of intent to burn the building down.
    I think a more clear metaphor would be to say that it is a crazy conspiracy for fire extinguisher designers to create fires so that extinguisher designs can be tested to know that they work. "See, they're even making fires!!! how can the both fight fires and make fires!!!@#!$%^%!!"
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    I think a more clear metaphor would be to say that it is a crazy conspiracy for fire extinguisher designers to create fires so that extinguisher designs can be tested to know that they work. "See, they're even making fires!!! how can the both fight fires and make fires!!!@#!$%^%!!"
    But how does it all relate back to how the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner?