Page 52 of 222 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4438

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Here is a preprint of a replication of the Gautret et al study.
    Actually, this is not a replication since they did their trial weeks before Gautret et al.

Although the second study didn't explore the combination Gautret et al found most effective. Hydroxychloroquine plus zinc supplementation seems the most promising to me. If I remember correctly, there is a trial in the works for that as well.
    Over the 20 persons treated with HCQ, only 6 got HCQ+azithromycine in the original study of Gautret et al.
    https://pubpeer.com/publications/B40...789F6F20F8E0EE
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am starting to wonder if Hydroxychloroquine is becoming the new wall\election promise for Trump, and not in any good way. After falsely claiming that the FDA had approved the drug for corona virus treatment he now threatens India to release their stocks - after Modi had already signaled willingness to help.

The country is in lock down (all 1.3billion citizens of it) and depends for supply of raw material for the drug on China, making their export ban for the drug understandable as there is no means of restocking. The irony here being that Modi appears to take his buddy's claims regarding the drug's approved use seriously.

Source

"I will save you and India will pay (if they don't help me)"

Really? What is the US going to retaliate with anyhow that has any meaning at this time? Trade tariff increase? Ban on export of ventilators and PPE? More restrictions on N1H1 visas? Moving call centers back to the US?

Edit: sad thing here is that I actually started to have some hope since last week that he would become a responsible and 'live in the now' politician - guess 'the frog and the scorpion' can't be denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    India has a large number of malaria cases and related deaths every year - hence it's rather a case of robbing threatening Narendra to pay Donald.
    I guess you can continue to parrot the left-wing media's narrative about how Trump is robbing India of its Hydroxychloroquine or you could just see what the Indians say about it. India produces 70% of the world's supply. They don't have a shortage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyE5mZQMDF0

In an unrelated anecdotal comment, has anyone been checking the figures for Egypt. They don't appear to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I guess you can continue to parrot the left-wing media's narrative about how Trump is robbing India of its Hydroxychloroquine or you could just see what the Indians say about it. India produces 70% of the world's supply. They don't have a shortage:

In an unrelated anecdotal comment, has anyone been checking the figures for Egypt. They don't appear to be correct.
    The BBC's coverage of the US (and particularly the president) has been abysmal. Since no one of importance in the UK has the spare political capital to defend Trump (it has no domestic electoral relevance), the Beeb has effectively been given carte blanche to let its liberal bias hang out. The stories and headlines it runs (particularly online) about the WH and the GOP are so overwhelmingly negative that it might as well just paste content directly from the WaPo.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Actually, this is not a replication since they did their trial weeks before Gautret et al.
    It wouldn't exactly have a been replication in the formal sense even if it had followed. I initially tried to shoehorn in all the careful caveats and pedantry, but it was completely disrupting the flow of my rather simple point, and I was like it, this is a forum post and my lunch is ready now, so here are the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post

Egypt is probably lying about its real numbers just like China does.

Genava's Avatar Senator

It wouldn't exactly have a been replication in the formal sense even if it had followed. I initially tried to shoehorn in all the careful caveats and pedantry, but it was completely disrupting the flow of my rather simple point, and I was like it, this is a forum post and my lunch is ready now, so here are the links.
    Ahaha, sorry for my nitpicking

Egypt is probably lying about its real numbers just like China does.
    In their case, I would bet on a lack of infrastructure and equipment. I think the gov' is trying to cover up their inability to deal with the pandemics.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Praeses

As I remember, he shared the study on twitter the same day. I'm sure someone summarized it for him, because the factcheckable aspects of the tweet various media outlets were quoting in order to claim he was spreading misinformation, were an accurate representation the study's conclusions....
    I agree. Typically it takes an intelligent person to parse his ramblings for them to make approximate sense: I'm guessing this was predigested.

The response of his opponents falling over themselves is pretty sad. The Democrats effectively elected the guy with this kind of stupid response.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

The WHO originally claimed that travel bans weren't needed:

And the WHO originally claimed that there was no person-to-person infection with this virus (at 5:49)…

And this other guy talks about it at 6:10...

Last edited by Ukiah; April 08, 2020 at 09:30 PM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Old news: Hospitals all over the US (and most European countries) not having enough masks to protect their medical staff.

April 3rd:

April 7th:

April 8th:

That tells you something about what priorities they have. If you wondered whether Israeli supplies with masks is critically low: It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

In other news Trump fired the inspector general who was overseeing the $2 trillion Coronavirus stimulus because of reasons that certainly have nothing to do with him salivating at the thought of pocketing it for himself and his cronies.

Didn't Democrats initially block the stimulus package just to spite Trump to begin with?

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

"MN Sen. and Dr. Jensen said that he received a 7 page document from the MN Department of Health advising him to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not. Can we trust the death numbers we've been seeing?"

Doth not very wot what to compose of this, just though thee shall put this out there.
    Last edited by Stario; April 09, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Didn't Democrats initially block the stimulus package just to spite Trump to begin with?
    Nope, it's because a small part of the bill is a one time payment for regular people, and the rest is free money for giant corporations and billionaires.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Nope, it's because a small part of the bill is a one time payment for regular people, and the rest is free money for giant corporations and billionaires.
    Which, given how Democrats themselves have no problems pandering to big businesses and billionaires when they are in the office, is nothing more then a partisan temper tantrum at the expense of the regular people.

I think Covid-19 has ruined all the world order

Quote Originally Posted by barongan View Post
    I think Covid-19 has ruined all the world order
    Pandemics have existed as long as humanity did. So this one hasn't "ruined" as much as exposed inherent weaknesses and incapabilities of various aspects of current global "world order" from international agencies to specific governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Which, given how Democrats themselves have no problems pandering to big businesses and billionaires when they are in the office, is nothing more then a partisan temper tantrum at the expense of the regular people.

The "I am Rubber and You are Glue" gambit isn't going to work here. It can't hide the facts that Trump's foundation and Trump's university turned out to be frauds and had to be shut down by the government, and he has been a thief and conman all his life. With these in mind it is entirely plausible that most Americans won't see a cent of the $2 trillion and it will instead go through various shell companies for Trump's use. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already planned out how he's going to spend every last dollar of it on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    The "I am Rubber and You are Glue" gambit isn't going to work here. It can't hide the facts that Trump's foundation and Trump's university turned out to be frauds and had to be shut down by the government, and he has been a thief and conman all his life. With these in mind it is entirely plausible that most Americans won't see a cent of the $2 trillion and it will instead go through various shell companies for Trump's use. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already planned out how he's going to spend every last dollar of it on himself.
    It is not a gambit. Democrats blocked the stimulus package, although package itself doesn't contradict history of their own policies. Which is why it is a partisan temper tantrum at the expense of vulnerable population during a pandemic.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    "MN Sen. and Dr. Jensen said that he received a 7 page document from the MN Department of Health advising him to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not. Can we trust the death numbers we've been seeing?"

Doth not very wot what to compose of this, just though thee shall put this out there.
    The advice according to your video was to fill out death certificates with Covid-19 as probable cause of death if it was suspected due to circumstantial evidence but no lab test was carried out. I doubt this is having a big effect on the overall numbers, seems to be more a way of compensating for the Covid deaths that are going totally unreported due to lack of testing.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post

When they give coroners CV-19 test kits to get more specific results they can get something more specific than 'probable cause of death'.

Of course, our federal government isn't exactly harassing anybody to produce test kits and not really providing them at high count to the point we can test anybody not presenting symptoms, much less the dead. Take that as you will.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.