Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    As Coughdrop addict showed, some anti-vaccine protestors are harassing health staff at vaccine drives in the US - and there are reports of similar behaviour in the UK.
    And then when they and their idiot families do get covid they immediately rush to the hospital and demand immediate help from the doctors and staff they've spent the last 18 months demonizing and threatening, taking up beds and time that could go to people without self-inflicted problems. I wouldn't blame the doctors if they start telling Cletus and his sister-wife "Back of the line. MAYBE we'll get to you if we have time."

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Anti-mask ‘freedom defender’ Caleb Wallace dies after contracting Covid

A self-styled “freedom defender” who campaigned against Covid-19 measures because he considered them a form of tyranny has died after contracting the virus.
    Caleb Wallace, 30, led “freedom rallies” to protest against laws on facemasks and vaccines, saying they constituted a breach of people’s constitutional rights. He told civic officials in San Angelo, Texas: “I care about freedom more than I do your personal health.”

The father of three had treated himself with aspirin, vitamin C tablets and ivermectin, a deworming formula used for horses and cattle, before a relative persuaded him to go to hospital last month.

“He was so hard-headed. He didn’t want to see a doctor because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with Covid tests,” his widow, Jessica.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...-h7x035f90#top

I'm sorry for his 4 kids, which will grow up without father even when he was an absolute idiot.

And because you can't be cautious enough with covid-19 deniers and anti vaxxers:

Ivermectin, a deworming drug, should not be used to treat COVID, health officials say

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/iverme...ry?id=79568887
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 01, 2021 at 05:08 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    And then when they and their idiot families do get covid they immediately rush to the hospital and demand immediate help from the doctors and staff they've spent the last 18 months demonizing and threatening, taking up beds and time that could go to people without self-inflicted problems. I wouldn't blame the doctors if they start telling Cletus and his sister-wife "Back of the line. MAYBE we'll get to you if we have time."
    Meh... just give them the Ivermectin and be done with it.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-vaccine-event

Of course they did, as the main point of right-wing politics is a pathological need to control others. Hence they cannot just let us get the vaccines.
    Given the lack of evidence that would normally be presented when something like this happened (photo, video, everyone carries HD camera in their pocket these days, so no excuses), it does sound like "then everyone clapped" situation, where journos and "public health professionals" are trying to present themselves as victims of muh evil domestic extremists.
    There was probably some anti-vaccine protests and they just wanted to make themselves look good by claiming that protestors attacked them or something.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post

A self-styled “freedom defender” who campaigned against Covid-19 measures because he considered them a form of tyranny has died after contracting the virus.
    Caleb Wallace, 30, led “freedom rallies” to protest against laws on facemasks and vaccines, saying they constituted a breach of people’s constitutional rights. He told civic officials in San Angelo, Texas: “I care about freedom more than I do your personal health.”

The father of three had treated himself with aspirin, vitamin C tablets and ivermectin, a deworming formula used for horses and cattle, before a relative persuaded him to go to hospital last month.

“He was so hard-headed. He didn’t want to see a doctor because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with Covid tests,” his widow, Jessica.

I'm sorry for his 4 kids, which will grow up without father even when he was an absolute idiot.

And because you can't be cautious enough with covid-19 deniers and anti vaxxers:

Ivermectin, a deworming drug, should not be used to treat COVID, health officials say

The list of people I've never heard of keeps growing. This is just another juvenile attempt by the Times to reinforce their indoctrinated readers that everyone on the right is an idiot. What they're saying is, "See how stupid those right wingers are. Keep reading the Times and we'll keep you informed".

It is true that there some folks who stupidly went down to the feed store and bought the vet version of Ivermectin, but the truth is it is only a handful of people. Anyone who routinely shops at feed stores knows that those products are for animals only. Ivermectin was pretty much a godsend for horse deworming purposes as the old way involved a long hose to shove down the horse's nose and a big tub of water and medication mixed together. People usually paid a vet to do it.

The truth about Ivermectin is that it has proven to be an effective therapeutic in regards to preventing and reducing the effects of Covid as demonstrated in selected areas of India and Mexico as well as other areas it has been used by authorities to get the virus under control.

As far as the anti-mask issue, I can remember when it started. I used to listen to Limbaugh occasionally and early on in the pandemic he stated that masks don't work. I just couldn't believe he had made a political issue out of wearing a mask and I quit listening. He should have stuck with politics.

Unfortunately, there were too many pundits and politicians who regarded anything he said as political gospel and chimed in; with the result being all the idiotic messaging on masks. It is true that some masks are virtually useless against the virus, but many of them are very effective. Every anti-mask article I've read is based on the fact that the virus at about 150nm will go right through a mask. This is stupid reasoning. A single particle of virus will not likely do you any harm and the virus itself is mostly carried in droplets that contain many thousand of virus particles. Most good masks will trap these droplets.

Big Brother would be so proud:
    Intrastate travel within Australia is also severely restricted. And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”
    “New South Wales state Premier Gladys Berejiklian vowed to reopen the state once 70% of those 16 and older get vaccinated,” Reuters reported Sunday. “No matter what the case numbers are doing … double-dose 70% in NSW means freedom for those who are vaccinated." But in Victoria, the country’s next-most-populous state, the news organization reports that “Premier Daniel Andrews said his state’s lockdown, due to end on Thursday, will be extended, but would not say for how long.”
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ocracy/619940/

“The Party employs science and technology to curtail human freedom and privacy, and to control human behavior.”
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 02, 2021 at 07:58 PM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post

Strange hill these spreaders of disinformation choose to die on.

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The list of people I've never heard of keeps growing.
    "I've never heard of him, so it doesn't matter."
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Ivermectin is just the new Hydroxychloroquine.

The COVID contrarians don't care what random treatment is in vogue. So long as it isn't what is recommended by the mainstream - that would cause dissonance with their faux-libertarian* streak.

I have no doubt next week it will be something else "because it got banned on Youtube"

*They're not real Libertarians... they're just authority rejectionists expressing their post-teen-angst through middle fingering the man.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post

The COVID contrarians don't care what random treatment is in vogue. So long as it isn't what is recommended by the mainstream - that would cause dissonance with their faux-libertarian* streak.

I have no doubt next week it will be something else "because it got banned on Youtube"

*They're not real Libertarians... they're just authority rejectionists expressing their post-teen-angst through middle fingering the man.
    Meanwhile, conformists shrug as liberal democracies regress into police states:

Intrastate travel within Australia is also severely restricted. And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ocracy/619940/
    Edit: Beaten to it.
    Last edited by Cope; September 03, 2021 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Story already posted.

If this were Ebola, these same people would claim that the CDC saying not to lick victim's corpses was some sort of evil liberal plot. They'd be posting selfies of themselves licking corpses to own the libs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Edit: Beaten to it.
    That ship well and truly sailed a while back...

Although I do find it interesting that this particular trial has been singled out, as opposed to the actual Orwellian data gathering laws that have been debated or passed over the last decade or so. Given that it has been developed as an alternative to actual physical detention, and only for those who would otherwise be detained. "People in South Australia" is misleading, currently the app is only to be used by people travelling from high risk destinations, who quarantine at home. And as it's sole purpose is to confirm that you're staying at home, there's also nothing legal to prevent you installing it on a burner phone. I would consider it to be more a high tech ankle bracelet, rather than an Orwellian nightmare.

Excellent whataboutism by the way.

Australian contrarians are also well keen on Ivermectin. Just like they were on Hydroxychloroquine.

That ship well and truly sailed a while back...

Although I do find it interesting that this particular trial has been singled out, as opposed to the actual Orwellian data gathering laws that have been debated or passed over the last decade or so. Given that it has been developed as an alternative to actual physical detention, and only for those who would otherwise be detained. "People in South Australia" is misleading, currently the app is only to be used by people travelling from high risk destinations, who quarantine at home. And as it's sole purpose is to confirm that you're staying at home, there's also nothing legal to prevent you installing it on a burner phone. I would consider it to be more a high tech ankle bracelet, rather than an Orwellian nightmare.

Excellent whataboutism by the way.

Australian contrarians are also well keen on Ivermectin. Just like they were on Hydroxychloroquine.
    Orwellian is an accurate description of invasive surveillance technology (which is inevitably going to be deployed in other areas). The "contrarians" referred to (irrespective of their conspiracies) are actively resisting a medical police state - itself justified by an untenable "zero Covid" strategy. Their choice to self-medicate with unproven substances is far less dangerous and anti-intellectual than support for, or apathy toward, Australia's descent into authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Orwellian is an accurate description of invasive surveillance technology (which is inevitably going to be deployed in other areas). The "contrarians" referred to (irrespective of their conspiracies) are actively resisting a medical police state - itself justified by an untenable "zero Covid" strategy. Their choice to self-medicate with unproven substances is far less dangerous and anti-intellectual than support for, or apathy toward, Australia's descent into authoritarianism.
    Subjective. Meh.

There is nothing "contrarian" about being against government overreach in citizen's private life. Unless you want to repeat things like American eugenics(a miracle procedure that was approved by peer-reviewed journals that neoliberal cultists treat like bible today) or Soviet lysenkoism (when communists believing that genetics isn't real caused a huge agricultural problem and almost caused a famine), you want the government to have as little say in individual's life as possible. If anything, the problem is a really attitude of government officials and bureaucrats who seem to forgotten their place as, well, lowly public servants and they try to act like some kind of feudal nobility, while the population are rightless surfs, while democracy is their divine mandate to rule.
    Australian government is certainly long overdue on such a lesson and I just hope that it will end non-violently, but with that government out of power and replaced by one with, well, respect for individual rights and common sense.

Praeses

I dunno how Cletus caught those horse worms but he wants to use the coof as an excuse for taking his medicine, lets give him that.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

I like the irony of the WHO cultists laughing at likely fake stories about dewormers some journo probably made up, while their own governments make alpha-testing of big pharma products mandatory.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I like the irony of the WHO cultists laughing at likely fake stories about dewormers some journo probably made up, while their own governments make alpha-testing of big pharma products mandatory.
    It looks like you nailed it on this one HH.

The news media is caught running fake stories about Ivermectin abuse:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...escalates.html

I wonder who is paying these "journalists"?

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    It looks like you nailed it on this one HH.
    Let's take a step back for a moment B.W.

I just want to clarify what we're debating here.

1. Would you vaccinate a child against Diphtheria? I.e. Are you against vaccines in general or just the speed in which Covid vaccines have been approved?

2. Do you think Ivermectin is a good treatment for Covid or do you just think that it might be but its potential has been tarnished by fake news?

antaeus, you make the mistake of not believing right-wing media on every issue. Everyone with a degree in medicine, biology or virology is lying. So is everyone who works at a hospital or at J&J, Moderna or Phizer. They all know that covid is harmless and the vaccine is poison, but are lying to hurt Trump or to depopulate the world. Every government in the world-even those who hate one another and would love to expose their enemies being involved in such a plot-is in on it. Everyone who says they've had the jab and are fine is a deep state agent/crisis actor. If you want to know THE TRUTH(TM), you should believe without question what an anonymous image board poster says a friend of a friend overheard, or Russian state media.

See how easy and logical everything is if you just parrot what you are told? It works in other situations too. For example, you can recognize that Ivermectin is a wonder drug that can cure nearly anything. Any negative stories you hear about overdoses and deaths from improper usage of it are all lies, because big pharma and the deep state are out to get you.

Just follow this simple guideline: if anyone says anything you don't want to hear, they are, by definition, lying and part of a vast conspiracy that is behind everything you don't like.

Let's take a step back for a moment B.W.

I just want to clarify what we're debating here.

1. Would you vaccinate a child against Diphtheria? I.e. Are you against vaccines in general or just the speed in which Covid vaccines have been approved?

2. Do you think Ivermectin is a good treatment for Covid or do you just think that it might be but its potential has been tarnished by fake news?
    There was a widely circulated story about hospitals in Oklahoma being overwhelmed by Ivermectin overdose patients. It appears to have been fabricated. See this thread for more details.