Page 41 of 222 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691141 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

WaPo Fact check says that Trump did not call the coronavirus a 'hoax':
    "The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus. He never says that the virus itself is a hoax, and although the Biden camp included the word “their,” the edit does not make clear to whom or what Trump is referring."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eo-slam-trump/

Even the hacks at Politifact acknowledge it:
    "The video makes it seem like Trump is calling the disease itself a hoax, which he hasn’t done. The words are Trump’s, but the editing is Biden’s."
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...rds-coronavir/

When even the leftist hacks at politfraud are more honest than their base...

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Not squandering precious time ignoring the pandemic and calling it a hoax?
    Same Democrats from the above link that lamented travel bans with affected countries? Yeah, right...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-res...164859600.html

China's numbers on infections and deaths are definitely not accurate
    LOL guess it's hard for Americans to take the fact that more americans are dying from this american bioweapon than the intended target of Chinese and Russians; consider this poetic justice.

btw why would Chinese 5G Huawei subscriptions also go up during the same period that all these supposed "dead cellphone carriers" went away? Quite the Scooby Doo mystery right there.

You should be more concerned with why your American government is willing to allow precious upper caste white members of american society to die from a clearly american manufactured bioweapon.

Human life must trump economics in a pandemic. THIS is why China is succeeding in war on Covid-19 and US is on path to disaster
    Source: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484517-chin...emic-response/

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    People thought Tiananmen was equivalent to the fall of the Berlin Wall for the CCP. I guess even after tens of millions of victims and attracting trillions of dollars in western capital and intellectual wealth, people still underestimate the Politburo’s political durability. Now, as then, as the world community lacks the will to do anything about the CCP, even after the authoritarian cover up that caused a global pandemic. And so the Politburo will continue to become more powerful. Communism won’t be going anywhere in China for a long, long time. Any mainland Chinese who has a different take on that will be dealt with quickly and quietly, as they have been for decades.
    This entire pandemic is like america's Chernobyl; worse actually since whilst Chernobyl could be localised to europe; this pandemic is entirely global now due to either american mishandling of their own biological agents or purposeful intention to genocide civilian populations in China, Russia and Iran which came back to bite them on the arse.

@topic

Today's numbers now: 160,000+ infected, twice what China's numbers were even at the height of the epidemic. Death toll likely to become No.1 soon.

In a way, this could be viewed as God's Punishment against the white american supremacist leadership who sought to use a bioweapon only to have it inflicted upon the, upon the white american Elite 1%ers, no less.

NYC is frantically building Division like tents in Central Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    In a way, this could be viewed as God's Punishment against the white american supremacist leadership who sought to use a bioweapon only to have it inflicted upon the, upon the white american Elite 1%ers, no less.

NYC is frantically building Division like tents in Central Park.

Is this where you're going now? We're not as autocratic as China so we deserve to have God's wrath thrust down on us?

Well then. That's an interesting position to take.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post

Is this where you're going now? We're not as autocratic as China so we deserve to have God's wrath thrust down on us?

Well then. That's an interesting position to take.
    VIRGINIA PASTOR DIES FROM CORONAVIRUS AFTER PREVIOUSLY SAYING 'MEDIA IS PUMPING OUT FEAR' ABOUT PANDEMIC
    Source: https://www.newsweek.com/virginia-pa...ndemic-1494702

You tell me, seems like the Americans have lost favour with the white supremacist God, only Father Nurgle can help them now.

It's not that the US is not as autocratic as china-the US is just as autocratic-the only difference is the efficacy and effectiveness of the leadership and the american leadership is found to be lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post

You tell me, seems like the Americans have lost favour with the white supremacist God,

I'm not sure you realize how much of a good thing that is.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gaidin
    I'm not sure you realize how much of a good thing that is
    I agree, it is a good thing; but the majority of trump's base are christian fundamentalists who will die from this virus; i don't care too much about them but the pure, aryan white american females dying from this Pentagon sponsored virus is something i just cannot bear to stand.

Priority for face masks and ventilators should be given to those who are young and fertile and blonde.

India is like a black hole of information vis-a-vis COVID-19 not unlike the India of world war Z

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    "The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus. He never says that the virus itself is a hoax, and although the Biden camp included the word “their,” the edit does not make clear to whom or what Trump is referring."

"The video makes it seem like Trump is calling the disease itself a hoax, which he hasn’t done. The words are Trump’s, but the editing is Biden’s."

So they are hacks and frauds even though you admit they tell the truth?

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

" In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled “Antibodies” in his luggage. "

“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report"

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sar...144526820.html

Seems China has been reckless with infectious diseases for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Democrats are claiming that Trump isn't doing enough about the corona virus and that they would be doing a much better job. This is what they said just a couple of months ago:
    https://michaelsavage.com/democrats-...-the-pandemic/
    Just think where we would be if the Democrats had been in control when those decisions were made.
    Shameful fake news! What an intellectually dishonest post. 4 of those 5 tweets are not about coronavirus response. They're about Trump's travel ban to various African countries in order to curb immigration in general. Chuck Shumer's tweet, on the other hand, is a hoax.
    The Armenian Issue

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Just think where we would be if the Democrats had been in control when those decisions were made.
    There'd probably be just as much infighting and bickering and lack of cooperation and coordination in a time of national crisis. Your political system is broken beyond repair. And China, btw, is taking advantage of this big time. If the US (and the EU as well) don't get their act together, people will start having second thoughts about the effectiveness of western democracy.
    Last edited by Muizer; March 31, 2020 at 04:33 AM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    There'd probably be just as much infighting and bickering and lack of cooperation and coordination in a time of national crisis. Your political system is broken beyond repair. And China, btw, is taking advantage of this big time. If the US (and the EU as well) don't get their act together, people will start having second thoughts about the effectiveness of western democracy.
    You're right.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...tself-the-hero

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Not squandering precious time ignoring the pandemic and calling it a hoax?
    Its a matter of the person at the top in this case: I have no doubt Bill Clinton or Obama could have organised a better response, bopth were street smart operators able to do deals and get stuff done even across the floor. Bush Snr was a superb crisis manager, a clone of him would be precisely the man for the job. Clinton H? Lets not try to think about it, the choices in 2016 were abominable. Maybe she would have listened to her science advisers but frankly her performance as Secretary of State and in the election suggests she wouldn't be much better than this current idiot.

I'm sure many Republicans and many Democrats across many states are doing their best, the problem is the arse at the top is unfit for his role. Its not about Red/Blue, its one guy thats the problem. Give Pence a go.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

"Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

So, what is "this" in that statement referring to?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    So they are hacks and frauds even though you admit they tell the truth?
    What I said was they are being more honest than their base.
    What was it you said:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15891112
    "Notice how their first thought in a crisis isn't wanting to protect their families or themselves, but to rush to defend poor oppressed billionaire President of The United States Trump from having his delicate feelings hurt? That's how you know it's a cult."

I'd say the complete hypocrisy displayed by that assertion is astounding, but then I would deserve four pinocchios, since it is simply typical.

What is more upsetting: that trump did not call coronavirus a hoax, or just that even the hacks at Poltifact can't bring themselves to support the lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    "Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."
    So, what is "this" in that statement referring to?
    Hmmm... well, if I read the WaPo factcheck it says:
    "The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus".
    I'd go back and add that quote in to my post just to make it clear, but it is already there.
    Last edited by Infidel144; March 31, 2020 at 08:33 AM.

Hmmm... well, if I read the WaPo factcheck it says:
    "The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus".
    I'd go back and add that quote in to my post just to make it clear, but it is already there.
    That doesn't really address what I asked now, does it? That's merely Washington Post's opinion on what Trump was criticizing and its rather vague. Democratic talking points? One of those points was that the pandemic was a serious concern. I'm asking for the exact subject of that statement. So, what is "this" in that statement referring to?
    The Armenian Issue

That doesn't really address what I asked now, does it?
    Yes it does.

That's merely Washington Post's opinion
    So.
    on what Trump was criticizing and its rather vague. Democratic talking points? One of those points was that the pandemic was a serious concern. I'm asking for the exact subject of that statement. So, what is "this" in that statement referring to?
    As the WaPo said: "Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage".

Yes it does.
    So.
    As the WaPo said: "Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage".
    Are you unable to show from Trump's words exactly what he was reffering to?
    The Armenian Issue

Are you unable to show from Trump's words exactly what he was reffering to?
    As I quoted:
    "Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response".
    Does it need to be in larger type or bolded?

As I quoted:
    "Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response".
    Does it need to be in larger type or bolded?
    It needs to be made up of Trump's own words, not some vague description of it. If you wanna insist on that description than indeed Trump called coronavirus as a serious biological threat a hoax since part of Democratic talking points was to highlight how serious it is. Why can't you just give us Trump's words?
    The Armenian Issue