Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051525368 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    They're not arguing anything like that in the article. Why are you blatantly lying about the contents of an article that is already linked in the same page? And why do you keep ignoring that the other 4 tweets were not even on the corona virus issue?
    Hmmm, Politiwoops doesn't want to allow access to Schumer's recent deletions so let's just go with this:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...on-china-iran/

It appears that Democrats were universally against Trump's China travel ban.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Hmmm, Politiwoops doesn't want to allow access to Schumer's recent deletions so let's just go with this:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...on-china-iran/
    It appears that Democrats were universally against Trump's China travel ban.
    Just like that? You blatantly lie and just like that jump to a different point when called out on it? What an intellectually bankrupt argumentation. I have never seen it done so obviously like that before. Damn. Here is Politiwoops page for Chuck Shumer as well. The recent deletions are there.

Then you link to a Breitbart article that references a bill that was designed to regulate a president's powers to enact travel bans, though the article makes it appear like the bill was designed to stop Trump from enacting a travel ban with China because of the pandemic. The problem for you? The bill was introduced on April 2019, months before anyone ever knew about the corona virus. Moreover, the bill doesn't stop a president from enacting a travel ban due to an outbreak of disease.

Your post is as as that Breitbart article.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

"We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius

Just like that? You blatantly lie and just like that jump to a different point when called out on it? What an intellectually bankrupt argumentation. I have never seen it done so obviously like that before. Damn. Here is Politiwoops page for Chuck Shumer as well. The recent deletions are there.

Then you link to a Breitbart article that references a bill that was designed to regulate a president's powers to enact travel bans, though the article makes it appear like the bill was designed to stop Trump from enacting a travel ban with China because of the pandemic. The problem for you? The bill was introduced on April 2019, months before anyone ever knew about the corona virus. Moreover, the bill doesn't stop a president from enacting a travel ban due to an outbreak of disease.

Your post is as as that Breitbart article.
    The Dems didn't pull the bill from consideration until March of this year:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-ban-act-trump

Even left-wing Vox knows that.

The Dems didn't pull the bill from consideration until March of this year:
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-ban-act-trump
    Even left-wing Vox knows that.
    Sigh... You're making a claim about what's supposedly happening till March and somehow think you can support it by an article written in January. What is this travesty? Where is the intelligence in your post that is to be expected in a decent debate? Is this the kind of stupidity that we have to deal with every day now?

The Armenian Issue

Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Minute 6:36
    "President Brazil Bolsonaro...posts deleted by social media giants. Did any of them apologized?"

Why would they apologize? all of this has happened recently. This Sunday, posts made by Jair Bolsonaro were deleted from Twitter. Just a few hours ago, Facebook and Instagram follow Twitter in deleting Bolsonaro's posts.
    In fact, there are a lot of people who are chronically irresponsible. Presidents have special responsibilities, they are no ordinary people.

New York Times, Facebook Joins Resistance to Bolsonaro Virus Claims -
    Last Thursday, Bolsonaro issued a decree that added religious activities to the list of “essential services,” meaning churches could remain open even though governors had banned large gatherings. The decree was overruled by a federal court the following day.
    Supreme Court Justice Marco Aurélio Mello authorized an opposition lawmaker's request for Bolsonaro's own prosecutor general to investigate an alleged crime committed by the president, the Supreme Court's website said Tuesday.
    Trump is a different beast. "La Donna è mobile".How Trump changed his tune on coronavirus again and again ...

"social distancing UK style"
    Not anymore...I quote, from the news, "The new measures mean every non-essential shop is shut down, public gatherings are effectively banned, and funerals will be the only social events allowed. Police will have the authority in the form of issuing fines and dispersing gatherings to make sure people comply" People refusing quarantine face jail or £1000 fine

"Spain"
    All of this happened March 8 and before. Not anymore. Spain's new lockdown restrictions: The measures.

by virtue of their actions literally killed Americans, right now.
    I would say that Americans are killing themselves, right now
    'If I get corona, I get corona': the Americans who wish they'd ...
    At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying
    6 days ago, Spring breakers in Miami say coronavirus won't stop them
    -----

Photos: Spring breakers throng Florida beaches despite

H.H.,the more you play the blame game, the more you lose.
    Last edited by Ludicus; March 31, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    I would say that Americans are killing themselves, right now
    'If I get corona, I get corona': the Americans who wish they'd ...

6 days ago, Spring breakers in Miami say coronavirus won't stop them
    -----

Photos: Spring breakers throng Florida beaches despite

H.H.,the more you play the blame game, the more you lose.
    Those are from the 18th, not 6 days ago.

Praefectus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Bigger picture than the current issue being debated, I think the WHO was irresponsible for waiting so long. Very few political leaders around the world wanted to risk being wrong and getting blamed for unnecessarily damaging their country's economy while the WHO was still effectively downplaying it for whatever reason. Although I realize that's easy to say from my armchair.
    There's plenty going on behind the curtain, and its fair enough to take a shot if it looks stupid. I have no doubt China put pressure on WHO to make themselves look better, the US does it in other areas (the sugar lobby has taken on the WHO as part of its general assault on dietary science in the last 60- years), I'm sure my country would if we had the clout.

I have seen in my country criticism of the Prime Minister about how slowly travel from the US was curtailed. I suspect the US put on pressure so they wouldn't be seen as a Hot Spot: in the period before we limited travel from the US we had a cabinet minister and movie stars turn up here infected so it became inevitable. OTOH it may been sheer incompetence/lackof administrative capacity like when several cruise ships were debarked without isolation, resulting in dozens of infected passing in hundreds more cases.

We won't know I guess but is a fair assumption that China and maybe even her trading partners contributed to worse biosecurity for financial and propaganda reasons
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

The fact of the matter remains: China discovered the only way to fight this virus to a standstill and is currently working on a vaccine that could save the entire world.

Given the stubbornness of huwhite nations to take Chinese instructions on how to beat this virus, many, many more aryan and white people are going to die; hell, the outbreaks have been most severe in the rich and wealthy suburbs of sydney and melbourne.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 31, 2020 at 09:02 PM. Reason: disruptive / provocative parts removed

Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    There's plenty going on behind the curtain, and its fair enough to take a shot if it looks stupid. I have no doubt China put pressure on WHO to make themselves look better
    The Blame-China, Blame WHO, Blame-Media game is ridiculous.
    As U.S. Blames China for Coronavirus Pandemic, Rest of the World...
    EU's Von der Leyen thanks China for support
    China sends doctors and masks overseas
    Italy's foreign minister hails Chinese coronavirus aid
    Serbia thanks China for aid
    China Sends Medical Aid to Spain and Italy
    Greek gov't thanks China
    ----
    Russia helps Italy.
    -----
    Beware of Russian and Chinese Aid

...warns the FP.

Don't blame others for your own incompetence.

US current population 330,515 million.
    total cases 856,917
    New cases today 72,179
    Total deaths 42,107

China current population 1,386 billion people
    total cases 81,518
    New cases today: zero
    Total deaths :3.860

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Those are from the 18th, not 6 days ago.
    Check the link Spring breakers in Miami say coronavirus won't stop them ( interview 25 March, 6 days ago)
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

T
    Check the link Spring breakers in Miami say coronavirus won't stop them ( interview 25 March, 6 days ago)
    Says "UPDATED ON: MARCH 25, 2020".
    Go to the bottom of the page. See when it says it was first published.
    Look at the date on the picture you provided. Says "Published: March 18, 2020 14:25".
    Look at the date for the twitter post:
    "If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying”:
    "1:15 PM - Mar 18, 2020"

Is it difficult to comprehend the difference between when an update is made and when an article or picture was published or taken?

Speaking of comprehension (or lack thereof) do you comprehend, yet, the difference between a hypothesis and a fact?
    Last edited by Infidel144; March 31, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

B. W.'s Avatar Vicarius

Sigh... You're making a claim about what's supposedly happening till March and somehow think you can support it by an article written in January. What is this travesty? Where is the intelligence in your post that is to be expected in a decent debate? Is this the kind of stupidity that we have to deal with every day now?

The article was written at the end of January. It stated very clearly that Pelosi intended to submit the bill in the coming weeks. If I recall correctly, it was recalled on or about March 11.

But as usual, you clearly missed the point and that is that Democrats were maligning Trump for his China travel ban for weeks until they realized it was a good thing and their pants were on fire.

What's the matter? Don't you trust Vox?

Part of what makes the situation so difficult is that SARS-Cov-2 is so unbelievably deadly and infectious that medical staff will get infected and die if they're not PPE'd correctly, the way the Chinese were.

Already. New York is asking for volunteers for what are essentially suicide missions for medics to work in Nurgle infested hospitals, hell, not even grocery staff and bus boys want to go to work if they know someone has been infected.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Call for the resignation of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General

https://www.change.org/p/united-nati...rector-general

Quote Originally Posted by MacCarthy View Post
    Call for the resignation of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General

https://www.change.org/p/united-nati...rector-general
    LOL what would that achieve? Tedros tried to warn you guys, in fact, he and the rest of China tried to warn the world about COVID-19; it's not his fault that your people and evidently your leadership are too at leading.

As Ludicus demonstrated, the US cases are now the world's highest and US hospitals will become overwhelmed as early as next week as more and more doctors and nurses succumb to COVID-19-especially since they're not being provided with the proper PPE and will die as a result.

Americans are already trying to steal doctors and nurses from other states in order to shore up the numbers and more and more US government officials are dying-which is appropriate since they green-lit the execution of this american bioweapon.

btw US death numbers just exceeded China's death rates.

EDIT:
    Navy Rejects Captain’s Plea to Evacuate Virus-Ravaged Carrier

/
    Looks like we have a mass outbreak of COVID-19 on a US Navy Carrier, one sailor has already died.
    Last edited by Exarch; April 01, 2020 at 12:00 AM.

that's not the reality we're living in; i know a lot of white people here would love for China and other Asian countries to be re-infected again so as to validate their own huwhite nations' lacklustre performance and ineptitude but the fact of the matter remains: China discovered the only way to fight this virus to a standstill and is currently working on a vaccine that could save the entire world.

Given the stubbornness of huwhite nations to take Chinese instructions on how to beat this virus, many, many more aryan and white people are going to die; even the huwhite blonde aryan females who are treasured by the entire world, not even the upper caste whites in australia are going to stop this virus; hell, the outbreaks have been most severe in the rich and wealthy suburbs of sydney and melbourne.
    WTF is wrong with you and this obsession with White race? and Blonde Aryan Females? Jesus.... The things we read on this threads are amazing.
    Dont worry about the blondes, unfortunately most people dying because of this have grey hair.

Beware of Russian and Chinese Aid
    ...warns the FP.

Don't blame others for your own incompetence.

US current population 330,515 million.
    total cases 856,917
    New cases today 72,179
    Total deaths 42,107

China current population 1,386 billion people
    total cases 81,518
    New cases today: zero
    Total deaths :3.860
    Yes USA incompetence regarding this is astonishing, as well their reactive measures with this stimulus package aim to safeguard the banks, Wall street, and in the process the big corporations, for a measly 1200 check, you get the biggest wealth transfer from tax money, to the super rich in History.
    Even the Democrats voted for it, it was amazing to see the sellouts, even after some had spoke against it previously. Thats politics for you.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of course is interesting to note, that in countries were individual Freedom and liberty is most prized, traditionally, it is also the countries who have more difficulty in keeping their populations in check regarding the quarantine. Including Europe. I mean i wouldn't think we would go as far as China, and weld building doors so people couldn't leave their houses. Still easy to contain this when you have a tame obedient population.

Countries like hours? They took a wait and see approach, and they only took measures, when the virus was already rampant. I fear the aftermath will be very costly, in lives, and resources.
    Even in Sicily, this is getting out of hand.
    "Police with batons and guns have moved in to protect supermarkets on the Italian island of Sicily after reports of looting by locals who could no longer afford food."
    https://www.thelocal.it/20200329/we-...g-supermarkets
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 01, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

China did not count coronavirus positives if patient had no symptoms: report

China did not include asymptomatic individuals who tested positive for coronavirus in their counts as the number of confirmed cases and deaths from the disease grew worldwide, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.
    A Chinese public health official told the Journal on Tuesday that the country will start reporting asymptomatic carriers starting Wednesday “in order to respond to society’s concern in a timely manner.”
    Chang Jile said there are 1,541 asymptomatic carriers of the coronavirus in China; of that group, 205 people recently returned from overseas.
    From now on, all asymptomatic carriers will be forced into a 14-day quarantine, the official added.
    China’s reported numbers, which steeply declined from being the epicenter of the pandemic to the fourth-highest in terms of total confirmed cases, have been met with skepticism.
    The death rate is likely much, much higher than they will admit. Particularly if you count the doctors who were disappeared for contradicting the politburo.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; April 01, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    LOL what would that achieve? Tedros tried to warn you guys, in fact, he and the rest of China tried to warn the world about COVID-19; it's not his fault that your people and evidently your leadership are too at leading.
    How do you recognize Chinese stooge? Exarch defends them. By the way, pay attention to the bolded phrase...

China had known about the virus since November 17
    , but suppressed doctors warning about it and did not acknowledge human to human transmission until two months later, and WHO played along. Had they acted earlier, or at least warned the world earlier, the countries that were hit first could have been prepared better, like the countries hit later, many of which managed to prepare and slow down early infection, and can now afford less restrictive measures to slow down the progress of infection, like Denmark or Czech Republic.

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Had they acted earlier, or at least warned the world earlier, the countries that were hit first could have been prepared better, like the countries hit later, many of which managed to prepare and slow down early infection, and can now afford less restrictive measures to slow down the progress of infection, like Denmark or Czech Republic.
    I highlighted the important word. The first case in Denmark was recorded on 27 Feb while in the US it was indeed earlier, 21 Jan, 10 days after the 1st confirmed death from the virus in China.
    The reason why I highlighted 'now' should be easily visible on the Denmark graph: it roughly shows a month with an initial drop and the cases taking then off in the last 2 weeks and tendency since then looks 'scary' to say the least.

3 weeks after the first case in the US 'the virus was totally under control'
    7 weeks after the first case in the US 'It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.'
    10 weeks after the first case in the US 'expect 100.000 to 200.000 dead'

It's not how much time you have to prepare, it's how you use it to prepare and then act when it happens.

PS: South Korea's first case was one day earlier then the US' - do I have to make a comparison using statistics with proportional population strength to support my comment?
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 01, 2020 at 04:52 AM. Reason: split thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I have seen in my country criticism of the Prime Minister about how slowly travel from the US was curtailed. I suspect the US put on pressure so they wouldn't be seen as a Hot Spot: in the period before we limited travel from the US we had a cabinet minister and movie stars turn up here infected so it became inevitable.
    When it became obvious in Israel that the US should be the next country on the list, Netanyahu made a phone call to Pence, after which he announced it would be necessary to close the country's borders completely so as to avoid singling out the US. This was exactly what the director-general of the health ministry had been pushing for, but that Netanyahu, despite being sympathetic to the arguments, had been reluctant to do because of opposition within his coalition on economic grounds. He managed to circumvent his allies while insuring that any potential future blame for economic consequences couldn't really be directed at him since the necessity to maintain good relations with the US is seen as a given.

The Blame-China, Blame WHO, Blame-Media game is ridiculous.
    Deflection and political opportunism aside, there is legitimate criticism that can be leveled against all three. Take the media for example:

The Associated Press: Is the new virus more ‘deadly’ than flu? Not exactly

NPR: Worried About Catching The New Coronavirus? In The U.S., Flu Is A Bigger Threat

The Washington Post: Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus

The LA Times: For Americans, flu remains a bigger threat than coronavirus

The Hill: Coronavirus is spreading — but the flu is a greater threat to Americans

Business Insider: The flu is a far bigger threat to most people in the US than the Wuhan coronavirus. Here's why.

It's getting harder to track these articles down as they try to cover their tracks, but the list could really go on:

On Jan. 23, authorities in Beijing sealed off Wuhan, a city of 11 million in China’s interior, to contain the virus. Much of the media response was to downplay this harbinger of the deadly global threat to come. “Don’t worry about the coronavirus,” BuzzFeed wrote on Jan. 29. Worry about the flu.” On Jan. 31 – the same day the Trump administration imposed a ban incoming visitors from China – the “explainer” news site Vox was telling readers, “Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No.” On Feb. 1, the Washington Post ran an article headlined, “Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.” On Groundhog Day, the Post was saying, “Past epidemics prove fighting coronavirus with travel bans is a mistake.”

By Feb. 3, China had extended the quarantine to 50 million people and imposed a travel ban on 16 cities. Now the Washington Post was worried, but about government’s response, not the virus, writing a critical story with the headline “Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus.” The complaint was that harsh measures “scapegoat already marginalized populations” and that the Trump administration’s travel ban on noncitizens coming from China “marks a significant, and potentially counterproductive, escalation in the U.S. response to the coronavirus crisis.”

On Feb. 7, The Daily Beast was saying, “Coronavirus, with zero American fatalities, is dominating headlines, while the flu is the real threat.” As late as March 4, CNN’s Anderson Cooper was telling viewers, “So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus, you should be more concerned about the flu.”
    Not to mention their BS claims about masks, although to be fair, that was the result of parroting lying "experts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

The article was written at the end of January. It stated very clearly that Pelosi intended to submit the bill in the coming weeks. If I recall correctly, it was recalled on or about March 11.
    But as usual, you clearly missed the point and that is that Democrats were maligning Trump for his China travel ban for weeks until they realized it was a good thing and their pants were on fire.
    What's the matter? Don't you trust Vox?
    Sigh... There is extreme intellectual dishonesty in you accusing others of missing the point when you're avoiding admitting your blatant lies that you trailed behind in the last few pages. Pelosi stating that they're planning to submit a bill in the coming weeks, which would be the second week of February within that context, doesn't somehow support the idea that Democrats did not pull the bill from consideration untill March. There is nothing in the article that ties it to Trump's travel restrictions with China either. This isn't rocket science. It's simple English.

B.W. you have been caught blatantly lying at multiple points. It's time to take a step back and reevaluate your tactics. You're digging a hole for yourself that will soon pop out from the Chinese side. Be careful.
    The Armenian Issue