Page 190 of 194 FirstFirst ... 90140165180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3862

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

  1. #3781

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The figures in his assessment do appear to be implausible; however when you include al the people who have died since the pandemic started (most were unvaccinated and died the first year of the pandemic) into figures assessing the vaccines value a bit of deception appears to be at work.
    You include figures for world wide vaccine dosage and the discussion was strictly about US dosages; again, a bit of a deception.
    From my own personal experience I don't know any unvaccinated person who died. However I do know one person who died of a blood clot after vaccination and several others who experienced adverse effects form the vaccine.
    The deceptive bit in all of this is using someone as a person of authority on this subject despite the guy's apparent inability to decipher simple math.
    1.88 million people died by December 31, 2021. 2.84 million people died in 2021.
    It's senseless to consider that the same vaccines work differently in population of different countries.
    Your own supposed personal experience doesn't have any value or make the trend.
    The charge of deception has no logical ties to what you wrongly present.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  2. #3782

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Alaska is now also in full triage mode.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  3. #3783

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Vaccines are safe and effective, which is why you have to take them, but Congress politicians and Courts don't.
    Masks are safe and prevent you from catching COVID, which is why you have to wear them, while politicians and elites at their summits and galas don't. And if you see any inconsistency, then you are a "right-wing extremist".
    Did I get the current corporate journo narrative right?

  4. #3784

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Vaccines are safe and effective, which is why you have to take them, but Congress politicians and Courts don't.
    Masks are safe and prevent you from catching COVID, which is why you have to wear them, while politicians and elites at their summits and galas don't. And if you see any inconsistency, then you are a "right-wing extremist".
    Did I get the current corporate journo narrative right?
    Nope. You didn't get the basics right, since it was not the Congress or the Courts that mandated the vaccine or mask use.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  5. #3785
    Tribunus
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,239

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Alaska is now also in full triage mode.
    Very sad to hear. The nitwits claiming the virus is a hoax are costing our countries lives. Sad to see the politicians cruising along over the top declaring this and that and not addressing the real problems.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  6. #3786

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    So a German IT specialist worked on analyzing the networks behind the whole COVID hysteria/hype, and compiled them in a very neat well-sourced PDF, which essentially just "follows the money", so to speak:
    https://clubderklarenworte.de/wp-con...na-Komplex.pdf
    There is a clear and concise link between media hype, globalist NGOs and Big Pharma.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. You didn't get the basics right, since it was not the Congress or the Courts that mandated the vaccine or mask use.
    And which government branch exempted elites from masks at their summits, galas and ceremonies? I don't think rationalizing why should elites be exempt from "safe and effective" government mandates is a good hill to die on.

  7. #3787

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    And which government branch exempted elites from masks at their summits, galas and ceremonies? I don't think rationalizing why should elites be exempt from "safe and effective" government mandates is a good hill to die on.
    Does that have anything to do with your false claim that the Congress and the Court created a mandate they exempted themselves from? Because that's the hill I am on. The weather is lovely here.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  8. #3788

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Does that have anything to do with your false claim that the Congress and the Court created a mandate they exempted themselves from? Because that's the hill I am on. The weather is lovely here.
    Quote me where I said it lol. Changing the wording of my claim so that it means something else and arguing against it doesn't make you look "right" and just indicates bad faith.

  9. #3789

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Quote me where I said it lol. Changing the wording of my claim so that it means something else and arguing against it doesn't make you look "right" and just indicates bad faith.
    Well, here on this page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Vaccines are safe and effective, which is why you have to take them, but Congress politicians and Courts don't.
    Also here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Again, why should Courts and Congress be exempt from mandatory vaccines, if they are safe and effective?
    Here too:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Errr, that still doesn't really rationalize why should Congress and Courts be exempt if vaccines are safe and effective as US government propaganda claims.
    Here as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So you admit that opposition to vaccine mandates is entirely justified because Courts and Congress are exempt from it for no provided reason? Good.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  10. #3790

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    And? I said that according to current laws Congress and Court system are exempt from vaccine mandates. I didn't say that same branch of government issued those orders, so I don't understand why do you still keep arguing against a point nobody made.

  11. #3791

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    And? I said that according to current laws Congress and Court system are exempt from vaccine mandates. I didn't say that same branch of government issued those orders, so I don't understand why do you still keep arguing against a point nobody made.
    You did make that point too:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate.
    So... they don't want to take it themselves, but want the public to be forced to alpha-test it for them? No wonder there is such a strong opposition to vaccine mandates, and at this point it is entirely justified.
    By the way, which law is that?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  12. #3792

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    You did make that point too:


    By the way, which law is that?
    Doesn't matter. Regular normal people are being forced to take the vaccine and to wear mask, while elites are not.

  13. #3793

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Doesn't matter. Regular normal people are being forced to take the vaccine and to wear mask, while elites are not.
    I think it does matter within the context of this discussion. Can you not name the law you referred to earlier?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  14. #3794

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    I find it highly amusing that HH doesn't know how separation of powers works when it comes to employees of one branch of government vs another in this country yet wants to act like its such a shocker that an EO effecting the employees of the Executive Branch wouldn't effect the employees of the other two branches.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  15. #3795

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I find it highly amusing that HH doesn't know how separation of powers works when it comes to employees of one branch of government vs another in this country yet wants to act like its such a shocker that an EO effecting the employees of the Executive Branch wouldn't effect the employees of the other two branches.

    I'm reminded of something that could also apply to anti-vax/covid denialists in general:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; September 25, 2021 at 08:42 PM.

  16. #3796

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I find it highly amusing that HH doesn't know how separation of powers works when it comes to employees of one branch of government vs another in this country yet wants to act like its such a shocker that an EO effecting the employees of the Executive Branch wouldn't effect the employees of the other two branches.
    As I said earlier, pretending that I said something else and then refuting point that you made up doesn't make your argument viable, it just shows that you can't refute mine. But please, explain how the reason why elites don't have to wear masks at summits and galas is because of separation of power. I'm all ears.

  17. #3797

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I'm reminded of something that could also apply to anti-vax/covid denialists in general:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    https://www.blackenterprise.com/lead...l/?test=prebid

  18. #3798

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post

    I never claimed being a childish moron who is easily led around by the nose was limited to White people. This person has clearly fallen into the same trap White anti-vaxers have.

    A lot of the appeal of anti-vax seems to be that feeling of smug superiority they get from having knowledge that is hidden from others, without having to work for any of that knowledge. Usually you would have to do things that take actual effort, like get a degree or doing actual research and taking the time to make sure you understand it, in order to feel like you know more than most other people (not that that should be the aim of achieving those things obviously, but it’s a perk). But all these lazy morons need to do to gain that sense of smugness is watch a YouTube video or read a meme about how covid was made by Gates to depopulate the planet or can be cured by vitamins and drinking medicine for farm animals. It's very tempting if one is insecure and lazy.

  19. #3799

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate.
    So... they don't want to take it themselves, but want the public to be forced to alpha-test it for them? No wonder there is such a strong opposition to vaccine mandates, and at this point it is entirely justified.
    I'm dedicating my quoting of this post and response to it to HH's lack of knowledge of separation of powers so that HH can't just shift the goalposts to upper class shenanigans and dodge the point I'm making as if he hadn't said anything about what I'm saying with no understanding.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  20. #3800
    TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Civitate Patrician Magistrate Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good (not South) part of the USA
    Posts
    11,562
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    It is especially disingenuous when the people who laugh at the dead and dying are the same people who support every single public health policy because "We need to save every life possible." You can't value the sanctity of life while also taunting the person that loses theirs. It almost is as if it was never about preserving human life in the first place, but instead using it as a moral mask to hide one's own depravity.
    This is far more disingenuous than anything I have seen on HermanCainAward.

    The posts on there are cautionary tales about ignoring something, or even flat out not caring, until it happens to them. The responses to them may seem callous but nevertheless show how fed up people are. I have yet to receive a satisfactory response really on why we should feel sad for those people who did not care until it affected them personally. All I get is laughably faux outrage from people who pretend to think that the "tolerant left" should be paradoxically tolerant of all.

    But really....Precisely how much empathy should the people who have been working for MONTHS to get us out of this devote to others who continue to play Russian roulette with their own health while actively fighting against measures designed to protect the health of their fellow man? How ing hard is it to get a shot and wear a mask?

    On that front, someone I know will unfortunately be burying a family member soon. They have been trying for months to get his family to get the shot. None of them decided to get vaccinated. None of them wore masks consistently. The same song and dance, the same excuses, the same conspiracies that you see over on HermanCainAwards. And with the same predictable results.

    Don't mistake my callousness for a lack of caring. I feel bad for my friend, I really do. They tried their best to fight through the ignorance and ultimately, fatal stupidity of the family. But I am finding it hard to feel sorry for everyone else in that situation. I am absolutely livid at the family for so carelessly throwing away the life of one of their own because they could not be bothered to get a goddamn shot. I'm sure they have regrets now, but it is beyond too late. And they will have to live the rest of their lives knowing their overall ignorance killed one of their family members.

    To be perfectly clear, I would much prefer that we lose not a single additional life to this horrible virus. Anyone that thinks otherwise does not understand how I feel about watching the past 18 months unfold. That is of course unrealistic because we failed to stop the pandemic and it is now likely going to be endemic. But if we have to keep losing people....well, it should not be a surprise when the vast, VAST majority of the victims continue to be those who don't take it seriously nor care about it until it affects them personally.

    700,000 deaths. Millions of long-haul victims. It didn't have to be this bad. It shouldn't be this bad. But some people are stubbornly insistent on drawing this out as long as possible at the cost of human lives. And again, they don't care until it affects them.
    If you know anyone who participated in the attempted overthrow of the US election results in January, you have a duty as a patriot to report them.

    The difference between the average conservative with TDS and the Taliban is that I don't feel very threatened by the Taliban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •