Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152535455565758597499149 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Trump did not call coronavirus a hoax.
    He called the (sensible) attacks on his lack of action towards Coronavirus a hoax.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200320...on-coronavirus
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/trum...-new-hoax.html
    https://www.businessinsider.com/five...navirus-2020-3

"Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus… this is their new hoax." <=== Trump, 28th of February, ~2 weeks before declaring a national emergency over this "hoax"

The federal government and/or president has constitutional power in immigration or whatever matters.
    Entirely different from claiming authority to lockdown sovereign states.
    OK, that's fine. States are states. But that's not the only thing he delayed.
    He could ASK the governors to take this more seriously and lock down their sovereign states and he could have instituted the ban on travels from Europe a week earlier. And one week does a lot of difference. There would be 100-200 outbreaks less inside USA if he had blocked travel from Europe a week earlier.
    On top of that, he could have used the power of his office to get the production rack up when it was initially presented to him, instead of toying with the idea for 3-4 days.
    Furthermore, he could have used the resources of the federal government to prepare better.

All in all, those days of delay were crucial.

There's a reason USA's new cases increase at +30% per day where other states are at +15% at this time. And that reason is Trump.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    if at least they could get really, really, really sick without infecting anyone (or consuming necessary healthcare resources for others when they get sick).
    They will, then as usual it will be the hard-working liberals job to save them so they can go on snearing at us and being a burden on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I read and peruse a fairly wide spectrum of news each day, both left and right,
    Yet can only quote the far-right like Breitbart and American Thinker. Ignoring reality doesn't actually make it go away. Go to the comments on any article about Covid-19 and be disgusted at the right's glee at the death's of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    No, it's not. Why are you making stuff up about basic stuff?
    Because like Trump himself, Trump's supporters believe he absolutely cannot be at fault or have done anything less than perfect and awesome. To imply he has or even the possibility that he could is nothing short of a direct assault to the very core of the their identity and sense of self. There is nothing they won't deflect to, no lie they won't tell, to defend their illusion of perfect super genius Trump valiantly fighting the evil Deep State(TM).

@Alhoon
    There is a world of difference between what Trump did (calling partisan accusations against him a hoax) and what legacy media claimed he did (calling virus itself a hoax). I mean with the "everything goes" standards of current legacy media, using out-of-context statements for a momentary paper "victory" and shares and retweets isn't exactly something new. Just goes to show how low the standards of once more or less reliable outlets have gone.
    I didn't say Democrats downplayed the pandemic because of supposed "racist" implications, but rather they downplayed it while attempting to virtue signal and simply not caring about the consequences. This rather typical behavior exhibited by the elites, which can be observed across the board, from Hollywood celebrities crying about not being able to leave their expensive mansions to Democrat brass reassuring that crowd events are safe to go to, or refusing to shut down borders. As typical sociopaths, elites simply do not care about the long-term consequences of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    He called the (sensible) attacks on his lack of action towards Coronavirus a hoax.
    Ignoring your editorializing that would be more correct.

"Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus… this is their new hoax." <=== Trump, 28th of February, ~2 weeks before declaring a national emergency over this "hoax"
    Do you realize that after acknowledging that Trump did not the coronavirus a hoax, you here went on to say that he was calling it a hoax...

OK, that's fine. States are states.
    Correct. The rest is has nothing to do with what I said.
    But that's not the only thing he delayed.
    He could ASK the governors to take this more seriously and lock down their sovereign states
    Weren't your just complaining that that is what he has done? Something about making recommendations?

and he could have instituted the ban on travels from Europe a week earlier.
    A week earlier than March 12th? No doubt.
    When did EU close borders? The 17th or some such?

But none of this is particularly relevant to what I said.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 04:02 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    @Alhoon
    There is a world of difference between what Trump did (calling partisan accusations against him a hoax) and what legacy media claimed he did (calling virus itself a hoax).
    To be fair to the legacy media, they quoted Trump claiming the democrat reaction as the new hoax, they didn't say that Trump called the virus itself a hoax.

@Alhoon
    I didn't say Democrats downplayed the pandemic because of supposed "racist" implications, but rather they downplayed it while attempting to virtue signal and simply not caring about the consequences. This rather typical behavior exhibited by the elites, which can be observed across the board, from Hollywood celebrities crying about not being able to leave their expensive mansions to Democrat brass reassuring that crowd events are safe to go to, or refusing to shut down borders. As typical sociopaths, elites simply do not care about the long-term consequences of their actions.
    And I am telling you, this didn't happen. The Democrat brass were cancelling events before Trump! Trump held rallies till mid March.
    And I showed you how Establishment politicians all around the world reacted faster than Trump, warned everyone that crowd events were not safe, outright banned large gathering and shut down borders. And they did that faster than Trump. The first restrictions in by "establishment politicians "in Europe Travelling were coming by the end of February.
    When Trump was saying that Coronavirus would disappear around April (February 27) Greece was suspending all Carnival events and large gatherings in Greece.

Ignoring your editorializing that would be more correct.

Do you realize that after acknowledging that Trump did not the coronavirus a hoax, you here went on to say that he was calling it a hoax...
    Nope, I am acknowledging that Trump called the Democrat reaction to Coronavirus the new hoax and that's what I was saying there. By declaring national emergency, as the Democrats were urging him to do, he more or less admitted the reactions were not a hoax.

Weren't your just complaining that that is what he has done? Something about making recommendations?
    Nope, I was just complaining that even that, he did too late. And I am complaining that he's not putting more pressure on them to do it still, for the states that haven't done it.

A week earlier than March 12th? No doubt.
    When did EU close borders? The 17th or some such?
    First Restrictions were by late February and the virus arrived ~10 days after it did in USA.

Last but not least:
    See how greater the daily growth of new cases (in percentage) was in USA compared to most other countries until the administration took it seriously! 175 cases in 5th of March ~> 334000 in 5th of April! x1900, or 190000% increase.
    Compare this to France (423~>93000) or Germany (349 ~> 92000) or Netherlands (82 ~> 18000).
    And whatever you want to blame democrats for, Trump is the PotUS. The Buck stops here etc etc.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 04:24 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

To be fair to the legacy media, they quoted Trump claiming the democrat reaction as the new hoax, they didn't say that Trump called the virus itself a hoax.
    Well, we had posts here which stated he did call virus itself a hoax, which is simply not true.
    And I am telling you, this didn't happen. The Democrat brass were cancelling events before Trump! Trump held rallies till mid March.
    And I showed you how Establishment politicians all around the world reacted faster than Trump, warned everyone that crowd events were not safe, outright banned large gathering and shut down borders. And they did that faster than Trump. The first restrictions in by "establishment politicians "in Europe Travelling were coming by the end of February.
    When Trump was saying that Coronavirus would disappear around April (February 27) Greece was suspending all Carnival events and large gatherings in Greece.
    Most events were "pending " and not canceled at the time. He was one of the first few world leaders to acknowledge that pandemic is what it is.
    To put it into perspective, Pelosi was demanding that people go into gatherings when Trump was already ringing the alarm bell, so to speak.
    CDC, under Trump's administration, also became alarmed way back when WHO was continuing saying that "everything is fine" and Chinese communist regime successfully defeated the virus.
    He was one of the first to cut travel with China, which was crucial. To put into perspective, Trudeau was still blubbering about "virus not having a nationality" to keep borders open until mid-March.
    The whole narrative of Trump "disregarding" pandemic is simply not true, in fact it was disregarded by same side that is now accusing Trump of disregarding it.

Weren't you just linking Business Insider above:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-a-hoax-2020-3
    businessinsider.com/trump-he-took-coronavirus-seriously-after-calling-it-a-hoax-2020-3
    followed by the headline:
    Trump, who previously called alarm over the coronavirus 'a hoax'
    (alarm a hoax)

NBC:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-hoax-n1145721
    Trump calls coronavirus Democrats' 'new hoax'

Politico:
    Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax’
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-118269

If they have not been edited, you can probably find others.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 04:25 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Politico was wrong to do that, and it speaks of partisanship crap which doesn't surprise me from Politico. BI says "Trump, who previously called alarm over the coronavirus 'a hoax' ..."
    NBC "President Donald Trump accused Democrats of “politicizing” the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday... "

Oh, and Heather Hammer, about the legacy Media: "...claiming that the outbreak is “their new hoax” as he continued to downplay the risk in the U.S."
    The NBC is clear cut calling it Coronavirus dangerous, by the end of February. As such, don't claim the Democrat mouthpieces downplayed the virus in the early March.
    Same for the biased politico article. The Democrats were bashing Trump since late February... even using misinformation to do it (Politico).

He was one of the first few world leaders to acknowledge that pandemic is what it is.
    He was not. By the time world leaders were ringing the bells (late February), he was saying it will all go away by April. Then, by mid-march HE LIED that he called it what it is. He did not and Infidel144 kindly showed us both the articles where the Democrats bash him in late-February for downplaying it.

To put it into perspective, Pelosi was demanding that people go into gatherings when Trump was already ringing the alarm bell, so to speak.
    Yeah, this "so to speak" is the world of difference. Pelosi was not demanding anything of the short, and Trump was saying it would all blow away. That's hardly "ringing the alarm bell".

Look, I am using statements directly out of Trump's mouth. You've wronglyaccused Merkel, Pelosi and other establishment politicians since I've shown you evidence that no, they took this seriously way before Trump and acted way before Trump.
    Their reactions may not have been ideal, but to say that Trump was one of the first leaders to acknowledge the dangers of Coronavirus when he was saying it would blow away and that the alarm bells that the Democrats ring are a hoax to hit the economy by late February is false.

As for the Democrats taking it seriously before him... Trump himself said that in 28th of February when he said that them ringing the alarm bells was a political trick. TRUMP HIMSELF said that the Democrats were taking this seriously before him.

@alhoon
    The NBC is clear cut calling it Coronavirus dangerous, by the end of February.
    That's one article., amid of variety of articles whining about how this is an excuse to be racist against Asians.
    Also the article which claims that social distancing "spreads racism" is from March...
    He was not. By the time world leaders were ringing the bells (late February), he was saying it will all go away by April.
    Him being optimistic about it at the time doesn't mean that he was downplaying the immediate danger (as US was one of the first countries to wisely cut travel with China). That's many weeks before travel was cut by other countries. I mean this was before US intelligence admitted that Chinese "flattening of the curve" was just yet another communist lie.
    eah, this "so to speak" is the world of difference. Pelosi was not demanding anything of the short, and Trump was saying it would all blow away. That's hardly "ringing the alarm bell".
    The above video has Pelosi demanding just that. Her social media posts, cited in the video, support that as well.
    As for the Democrats taking it seriously before him... Trump himself said that in 28th of February when he said that them ringing the alarm bells was a political trick. TRUMP HIMSELF said that the Democrats were taking this seriously before him.
    Source?

Last public Trump campaign rally seems to have been March 3rd:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpaign_rallies

Sanders, otoh:
    Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., speaks at a campaign rally at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...cause-n1154696
    While Biden:

Biden Rallies In Detroit With Harris And Booker Ahead Of Tuesday Michigan Primaries

Posted By Tim Hains
    On Date March 9, 2020
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...primaries.html

Nope, I am acknowledging that Trump called the Democrat reaction to Coronavirus the new hoax
    He did not do that either.
    and that's what I was saying there. By declaring national emergency, as the Democrats were urging him to do, he more or less admitted the reactions were not a hoax.
    What you said was:
    "2 weeks before declaring a national emergency over this "hoax""
    What is this ""hoax"" he was declaring a national emergency over?

First Restrictions were by late February and the virus arrived ~10 days after it did in USA.
    According to wikipedia US arrival was Jan 15 and European arrival Jan 21. If that is correct, 6 days not 10.

When did the EU close borders?

"EU leaders have agreed to restrict most travel into Europe for at least 30 days in an unprecedented move.

The aim is to slow down the spread of coronavirus in Europe and globally and to limit the deadly outbreak's impact on the bloc's internal market of open borders.
    The restrictions, agreed on Tuesday (17 March), will apply to almost all non-EU citizens with exceptions such as people transporting goods, diplomats, and military personnel, health care professionals, and researchers. Long-term residents or visa-holders and relatives of EU citizens can also travel."
    https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/147788

Last but not least:
    See how greater the daily growth of new cases (in percentage) was in USA compared to most other countries until the administration took it seriously! 175 cases in 5th of March ~> 334000 in 5th of April! x1900, or 190000% increase.
    Compare this to France (423~>93000) or Germany (349 ~> 92000) or Netherlands (82 ~> 18000).
    Break it down per capita.

Politico was wrong to do that, and it speaks of partisanship crap which doesn't surprise me from Politico. BI says "Trump, who previously called alarm over the coronavirus 'a hoax' ..."
    He did not do that either. And read the link address.
    NBC "President Donald Trump accused Democrats of “politicizing” the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday... "
    Read the headline, which I provided, and the link address.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 06:55 PM.

Here is another flashback: WHO tells world not to worry, because China has everything under control, January 14.
    I think we can all admit, despite partisan differences, that this crisis vindicates anti-globalists, nationalists, euroskpetics, conspiracy theorists and other people that turned out to be 100% correct about globalist establishment and its organizations all along.
    No, it doesn't. It's extremely stupid to suggest as such since there is no substance to make such a claim on.
    Um, what? Have you read the article? This is a quote from WHO.
    No, it's not. Why are you making stuff up about basic stuff? WHO pointing at China to say that there is no evidence of human to human transmission on January 14 doesn't vindicate anyone, nor is there any statement in the article you posted that suggests as such.
    @Alhoon
    There is a world of difference between what Trump did (calling partisan accusations against him a hoax) and what legacy media claimed he did (calling virus itself a hoax). I mean with the "everything goes" standards of current legacy media, using out-of-context statements for a momentary paper "victory" and shares and retweets isn't exactly something new. Just goes to show how low the standards of once more or less reliable outlets have gone.
    So, got nothing to show Heathen Hammer? Why did you make stuff about basic stuff?
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; April 07, 2020 at 03:54 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

Like I said, WHO was praising China while the praise was undeserved, to say the least. WHO proved itself to be concerned with appeasing China, rather then with dealing with the pandemic.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

PM Johnson has tonight been transferred to the intensive care unit.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Moderator Emeritus

@alhoon

That's one article., amid of variety of articles whining about how this is an excuse to be racist against Asians.
    On the contrary, the majority of articles were whining about Coronavirus response and some were also whining about the Kung Flu.

Him being optimistic about it at the time doesn't mean that he was downplaying the immediate danger (as US was one of the first countries to wisely cut travel with China). That's many weeks before travel was cut by other countries.
    1. Yes, him being that kind of optimistic, means he was downplaying the immediate danger. If he said "We will go through this" it would be fine. When he was Bull-pooping that the government has tests ready for all that want them, he was downplaying the immediate danger. When he was saying it will all magically go away by April, he was downplaying the immediate danger.

2. Yes, he did ONE thing correct. I would still not call it early enough, but he did act on time on that. But he did not restrict USA citizens from returning to USA from China and then Italy or Spain till much later. And he didn't have quarantines ready for those citizens returning to stay until they can be tested except from Hubei. And he didn't put up the production of tests, masks, ventilators etc.
    And more.

To give you an example, the cousin of a student of mine is trapped in Italy, because despite being a Greek national, he's not allowed to return to Greece because he's in Italy and not allowed to move out of the city he's in, since mid March (Italy put that region in Quarantine a couple of days before Greece put the restrictions). The father of a friend of my father died in Switzerland and the Swiss did not allow his daughter (my father's friend) to go to her father's funeral because it was deemed not-necessary flight. That happened 2 weeks ago.

Could a USA national that resides in Germany (a lot of cases) return to USA for the funeral of her father? If yes, then Trump has STILL not acted with decisiveness and is STILL downplaying the danger.

@alhoon
    Source?
    Source that Trump said the Democrats are politicizing the Coronavirus, proving the Democrats were taking it seriously by the end of February?
    “The Democrats are politicising the coronavirus, They’re politicising it."
    For them to politicize this, it means they were attacking him left and right about his handling of the pandemic. When Trump was accusing the Democrats at 28th of February for overplaying the Coronavirus to hit him politically, do you still stand by that the democrats were downplaying it?

The above video has Pelosi demanding just that. Her social media posts, cited in the video, support that as well.
    Nooope, Pelosi (an idiotic woman that has been a disaster for the Democrats BTW) has NOT demanded people to go out to events. At least in that video. She was irresponsibly ... downplaying the Coronavirus threat in late February by going around in Chinatown and saying how nice it is to be there instead of saying to people "Accept that your life is worth more than a few months of your profits and stay inside. You can rebuild your shop after the crisis ... if you're alive".
    On the other hand, an idiot like Pelosi did that for a couple of days, not for the whole February and early March.
    Also, she's an idiot and an irresponsible one.

Moderator Emeritus

Break it down per capita.

190000% increase in per capita cases for USA then. Which is... the same as the increase in changes BTW, since the USA population has hardly changed in the past month.
    I am talking about the rate of increase, Infidel.

Last public Trump campaign rally seems to have been March 3rd:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpaign_rallies

Sanders, otoh:
    Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., speaks at a campaign rally at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...cause-n1154696
    While Biden:

Biden Rallies In Detroit With Harris And Booker Ahead Of Tuesday Michigan Primaries

Posted By Tim Hains
    On Date March 9, 2020
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...primaries.html
    Nooope, Trump was saying in March 8 that he will keep campaigning. He suspended his rallies AFTER Biden and Sanders. It just happened he didn't have any scheduled for early March.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...te-coronavirus

When did the EU close borders?

"EU leaders have agreed to restrict most travel into Europe for at least 30 days in an unprecedented move.
    That's THE EU as a whole, not individual European countries that have been putting up the first travel bans since late February.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 07:11 PM.

190000% increase in per capita cases for USA then. Which is... the same as the increase in changes BTW, since the USA population has hardly changed in the past month.
    I am talking about the rate of increase, Infidel.
    Which says nothing until it gets broken down, Alhoon.

Nooope, Trump was saying in March 8 that he will keep campaigning. He suspended his rallies AFTER Biden and Sanders. It just happened he didn't have any scheduled for early March.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...te-coronavirus
    Date: "March 7, 2020"
    Uh, I just gave you an early March rally.
    And your assertion was: "Trump held rallies till mid March."
    March 2nd is not mid-March.
    Trump annoumced a rally for mid march on the 10th cancelled it on the 11th.
    But all irrelevant, since your claim was that Trump held rallies till mid-March. This is false, and Both Biden and Sanders held rallies after the last Trump rally. And after your Bloomberg article.

That's THE EU, not individual European countries that have been putting up the first travel bans since late February.
    That is what I asked about. The EU. Did you actually read the question I asked?:
    "When did EU close borders? The 17th or some such?"

If this NYT headline is to be believed, Eurpoeans were rather upset about it:
    "Chaos in Europe, and Anger, Over U.S. Travel Ban to Curb Coronavirus"
    "European leaders denounced President Trump’s decision to block most visitors from the Continent for 30 days."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/w...ravel-ban.html
    If Europeans were blocking American travel, then why would they be upset about European travel being blocked?

NPR says leaders were disapproving about it:
    "The EU disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation," the heads of the European Union said Thursday, expressing their displeasure with President Trump's plan to block visitors from 26 European countries from entering the United States.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-of-travel-ban

Edit the earliest travel bans or restrictions for European countries I can find on this list are noted as March 14th:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel...andemic#Europe

Those being Czech (partial) and Denmark.
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    The magic pill theory has led to many of Trump's supporters ignoring quarantines and continuing to hold social gatherings, believing that they'll take Trump's magic pills and be fine while laughing at the deaths in New York City and Blue States.
    citation needed

Moderator Emeritus

Which says nothing until it gets broken down, Alhoon.

But it is broken down per capita.
    USA had 0,55 cases per million people in 5 of March. That jumped to 1077.5 cases per million people in 5th of April. That's a 190,000% increase in one month.
    Meanwhile France had 22,000% increase in the same period, Germany had 26,500% increase and Netherlands had 22,000% increase in per capita cases.

The increase in USA in March has been x6 to x8 what it was in countries that acted quickly.

Trump annoumced a rally for mid march on the 10th cancelled it on the 11th.
    But all irrelevant, since your claim was that Trump held rallies till mid-March.
    Sure, my claim that Trump actually held rallies till mid march was wrong. But that's semantics. Trump was announcing rallies in March 10, after Biden and Sanders. He cancelled his rallies at March 11, which is also after Biden and Sanders had their last rally.
    As such, while you argue the actual wording of my point, the fact that Trump was downplaying Coronavirus and was holding rallies arranging for rallies in mid March still stands cause he did that. And he did that because he was ignoring the Coronavirus.

That is what I asked about. The EU. Did you actually read the question I asked?:
    "When did EU close borders? The 17th or some such?"
    Yes, I read the question you asked and I replied to it with "They EU did that, individual European countries were putting up the first travel bans earlier." Why? Because European countries were taking it far more seriously than Trump or Johnson.
    By the time the EU, as a whole, reacted to implement quarantines and restrictions, most if not all European countries had already put them up.

Did you read my statement? The first travel bans.
    The first travel bans were not put up towards USA, but towards China, a bit later towards other European hotspots etc.

Edit the earliest travel bans or restrictions for European countries I can find on this list are noted as March 14th:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel...andemic#Europe
    That's closing the borders, not travel bans from Italy or China. These were in place much earlier. Hungary was putting Hungarians returning from China to Quarantine since the beginning of February. Coronavirus actually arrived A MONTH after the travel restrictions started in Hungary.
    And that's just one example
    Last edited by alhoon; April 06, 2020 at 08:29 PM.

But it is broken down per capita.
    USA had 0,55 cases per million people in 5 of March. That jumped to 1077.5 cases per million people in 5th of April. That's a 190,000% increase in one month.
    Meanwhile France had 22,000% increase in the same period, Germany had 26,500% increase and Netherlands had 22,000% increase in per capita cases.

The increase in USA in March has been x6 to x8 what it was in countries that acted quickly.

Sure, my claim that Trump actually held rallies till mid march was wrong. But that's semantics. Trump was announcing rallies in March 10, after Biden and Sanders. He cancelled his rallies at March 11, which is also after Biden and Sanders had their last rally.
    It is not semantics. You were simply wrong. Just deal with it.

As such, while you argue the actual wording of my point, the fact that Trump was downplaying Coronavirus and was holding rallies arranging for rallies in mid March still stands cause he did that. And he did that because he was ignoring the Coronavirus.
    The wording of your point was that you made a false claim. Something you have done repeatedly. If you have to make false claims to back up your point, then you have no point. Your getting as bad as the lefties with this crap.

Yes, I read the question you asked and I replied to it with "They EU did that, individual European countries were putting up the first travel bans earlier." Why? Because European countries were taking it far more seriously than Trump or Johnson.
    By the time the EU, as a whole, reacted to implement quarantines and restrictions, most if not all European countries had already put them up.

Did you read my statement? The first travel bans.
    You said he could have "and he could have instituted the ban on travels from Europe a week earlier".
    When did the EU announce ban on travels from the US?
    This discussion does seem to be about the US vis Europe.

The first travel bans were not put up towards USA, but towards China, a bit later towards other European hotspots etc.

That's closing the borders, not travel bans from Italy or China. These were in place much earlier. Hungary was putting Hungarians returning from China to Quarantine since the beginning of February. Coronavirus actually arrived A MONTH after the travel restrictions started in Hungary.
    And that's just one example
    The discussion is about Europe vis US not China.. See above quote. Per the wiki link above:
    "On January 31, 2020, the United States declared the virus a public health emergency. Starting February 2, all inbound passengers who have been to Hubei in the previous 14 days will be put under quarantine for up to 14 days. American citizens who have travelled to the rest of mainland China will be allowed to continue their travel home if they are asymptomatic, but will be monitored by local health departments.[194] As of March 2, foreign nationals who have travelled to Iran within the past 14 days are denied permission to enter the US.[195] American citizens and permanent residents returning to the United States who have travelled to Iran within the previous 14 days must enter through an approved airport.[195][55] Suspended incoming travel from the Schengen area in Europe, beginning at 23:59 ET on March 13."

When did European countries suspend travel from US?
    Last edited by Infidel144; April 06, 2020 at 08:54 PM.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Yet can only quote the far-right like Breitbart and American Thinker. Ignoring reality doesn't actually make it go away. Go to the comments on any article about Covid-19 and be disgusted at the right's glee at the death's of Americans.
    That's fair enough and indeed I have seen some of those comments below the articles. I thought you were talking about the articles themselves.

You should be fair also. I've seen similar type disgusting comments on left-wing sites.

And if you were truly paying attention you would have listed sites like VOX that I've also cited in this thread. I normally don't bother to give the other side because you guys do it.

And I have to mention that I've actually read articles from left-wing sites celebrating the virus because the authors thought it would be killing a lot of Trump voters. Of course they were wrong. It seems to be doing largely the opposite.
    Last edited by B. W.; April 06, 2020 at 10:23 PM.