Thread: [RELEASED] Macamilus' Italy

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Icon3 [RELEASED] Macamilus' Italy

I have just found this submod by Macamilus on ModDB.
    Please find his description and changelog below.

DOWNLOAD

This mod is collection of several small sub-mods, developed by me since first installation of TIW Mod.

I’m not native English speaker so forgive me any language errors.

Installation (NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBILE!)

1. DELETE ..\..\mods\Italian_Wars\data\ui\southern_european\portraits\portraits\young\generals\ALL FILES
    2. DELETE ..\..\mods\Italian_Wars\data\ui\southern_european\portraits\portraits\young\witches\ALL FILES
    3. DELETE ..\..\mods\Italian_Wars\data\ui\southern_european\portraits\portraits\old\generals\ALL FILES
    4. MERGE ..\..\mods\Italian_Wars\data with provided DATA folder, OVERRIDE if asked.
    5. DELETE ..\..\mods\Italian_Wars\data\world\maps\base\RWM
    6. LAUNCH AND HAVE FUNJ

Major changes
    I removed Aztecs faction, used by authors for HRE Bentivoglio symbols and Mongols faction, planed for Borghese Family (not yet in game), for adding “Families of Romagna” and “Hospitaliers” factions. Both new factions are unplayable in campaign, but Hospitaliers are allowed in custom battles.
    I also slightly changed scripted events, details are given in Manual.
    Timeline is changed to 6 turns per year, I’ve also adjusted seasons to reflect new timeline.
    New features: Graphics

• New models for all resources on campaign map.
    • New models for watchtowers for all cultures.
    • New models for some strategic agents, most notable doges of Venezia and Genova.
    • Modified trade ship model and fleet textures.
    • New models for southern forts, also changed on map.
    • New general portraits for southern factions and new witches portraits.
    • Some custom portraits added.
    • Retexture for some units – mainly for adding historical (sometimes extrapolated) CoAs on shields

New factions
    Hospitaliers (emergent faction).
    in 1530 they settle on island of Malta. A few years later they face Ottoman invasion (so called First Siege of Malta in 1551). They are sworn foes of Muslims (Ottomans and Tunis) with scripted enemity.
    Hospitaliers can field a few elite, but small in numbers units, most notably Knights, Corsairs, excellent artillery and black-powder units. Due to limitations of Malta, they have no heavy cavalry (except for Grandmasters’ Bodyguard) and no light cavalry unless they capture some Ottoman core territory to recruit Turcopoles.
    Families of Romagna (unplayable)
    This faction begins in central Italy, controlling Forli , Arezzo, Perugia, Rimini, Faenza, Fermo and Bari. To compensate strategic changes, Papal States now controls Civitavecchia and Orvieto.
    Families of Romagna are using standard (but retextured) unit rooster – pikemen, spearman, heavy infantry, light infantry, Italian cavalry, mounted crossbowman, crossbowman, and arquebusiers. They have no unique unit.
    Families of Romagna are initially allied to Papal States, but it changes when Cesare Borgia begins his campaign in Romania with help of French troops (scripted event).
    Recruitment and trade system
    Recruitment time is now 10 times slower (yes, you get new unit every 30-100 turns). To compensate this initial unit pools are increased. As a result, AI recruits much better composed armies, and both player and AI have much more money to develop cities and perform diplomatic actions.
    I also implemented Gigantus’ agent limit script. Now you can recruit 5 priests (Papacy has no such limit), 4 merchants, 3 spies, 2 assassins and 2 diplomats.
    To compensate merchant limit I added a lot new resources (some unique to faction, like glass for Venice or exotic goods for Genova), and doubled or tripled worth of already implemented goods. Some buildings lines now also gives trade bonuses, like churches for papacy or farms for feudal monarchies (mostly France, Spain and HRE).
    City units
    Each city can now muster citizen troops, in addition to AOR, faction and mercenaries. Those citizen-soldiers have very low morale and mediocre skills, but are available in every city outside faction core provinces. They are recruited in city hall, and marked with vivid colors on icons.
    I also reintroduced siege weapons – trebuchet and catapults. They still were in use in XVI century, so I come to the conclusion that removing them was too purist approach. Instead, I nerfed them to one machine per unit, and decreased machines’ damage.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: [RELEASED] Macamilus' Italy

Oh wow are the Renaissance General portraits from here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...sance-Generals included in this submod??

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Never mind they are indeed. This is beautiful indeed!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Excuse me, for raising a rather old post, but for what version is this?