Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exceedingly bad governors, barely any Machimoi

Default Re: Exceedingly bad governors, barely any Machimoi

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Seems to me that you either had a lot of luck or the script wasn't triggered often because your treasury rarely went over 100k mnai. I did the same things as you did, and still my FMs ended up more debauched than an 80s rock band.
    Yeah, I've been using various means to dump the money. My favorite is making a regional patrol armies from whatever trash troops are available to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Not even that lol. Even the best FMs will get corrupted in time. I don't "suicide" my FMs. I play with the card I was dealt.
    The only way to keep FMs honest is to keep them out of cities - that means they won't get an education and won't learn to manage cities. Also, the risk of them going rebel increases.
    Just a minor note: not every FM gets corrupted over time. Loyalty and optimism greatly help in keeping corruption traits away; selflessness makes your FM almost immune to corruption (the only exception being the Seleukids and the Pothos trait). It's easy to propagate the trait from father to son though, barred the case in which the son itself has the highest level of selflessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    He could be playing with an earlier version, like 2.3 instead of 2.35 or something? I didn't notice this issue when playing the game two years ago but only within the last year. Also yes, apparently the governors turn into a bunch of David Lee Roths, Ozzy Osbournes, Vince Neils and Tommy Lees from the 1980s, drinking drano and snorting ants.
    As far as I remember those traits weren't changed lately. This may be a player issue rather than a game version issue: you play more -> you get more experienced -> you figure out how to increase revenue more efficiently -> more corruption triggers kick in due to the larger treasure.
    Last edited by mephiston; January 28, 2020 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    Just a minor note: not every FM gets corrupted over time. Loyalty and optimism greatly help in keeping corruption traits away; selflessness makes your FM almost immune to corruption (the only exception being the Seleukids and the Pothos trait). It's easy to propagate the trait from father to son though, barred the case in which the son itself has the highest level of selflessness.
    Yeah, it's not 100%, but it's near enough to annoy me to heck

Apologise for reviving this thread but the governor trait continue to baffle me.

Reading from the actual guide and experience it seems low taxes is the preffered option because it encourage your governor to become lenient which increase growth and less likely to become corrupt

However just as likely my governor either become cruel ruler which really upset public order even if he is also humanitarian or the governor pick up bad trait like self centered that removing him actually improve my public order and income even with school.

Apparently there is three trait in leniency which is lenient, just and cruel which it seems you get respectively if it's green po and low taxes, yellow po and normal taxes and blue po and high taxes but in reality i never seen just trait probably because i have low taxes at all time but lenient and cruel remain 50/50 despite always low taxes and maintain public order yellow and green.

And that's not to mention supervisor where sometime a grizzled general settled for too long and become one or governor who spent his entire life governing a city and still gain warlike.

The point is i'm just too confused with the governor system and is there any guide i could lean into?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12