Thread: Picard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    ^ Yea I guess I must not realize anything because I don't understand "Character development" ?? ughh... you definitely don't sound like you're regurgitating a million generic social media posts.

Bottom line is, you simply don't go from "Badass Captain known across the galaxy" to.... "Unsure nice old man who just wants to help out"

And to humor whatever point you're trying to make, If they are trying to portray an "Old Picard" who's disillusioned with Starfleet, they're terrible at it.... we've already seen that already happen on TNG, and it was done extremely well...
    well, you certainly dont sound like you regurgitate a million bitter fanboy social media posts

badass captain (...) unsure nice old men, sure, he just told the media, and by extension starfleet and the federation as a whole to get ed.

Spoiler for Theory
    I'm guessing the parts of the collective which were severed but not diectly infected can revive the collective, if 'something' happens. That 'something' could be finding a new queen, a position maybe a perfect synth could fill......
    this is one of the instances where i seriously hope they disregard exisiting lore. the whole borg queen buisness was an incredibly dumb idea. makes sense to have an avatar for the borg, so the characters in a visual medium dont have to interact with a faceless voice, but thats it. 7 of 9 acted as that in voyager, and the queen became instantly superflous in that role. she is only there to have a singular bad guy, and for hacks like rick berman to have an easy villain.

please, just let the destroyer be something original. im far too old (shut up) and cynical to get that nagging voice out of my head: Halie is right, its going to be another borg queen. the dumb romulans made skynet, and then it became borg, thats why they hate cybernetics, its cybers all the way down INCEPTION FORGHORN.

Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 25, 2020 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Personal ref. removed