Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Picard

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    ^ Yea I guess I must not realize anything because I don't understand "Character development" ?? ughh... you definitely don't sound like you're regurgitating a million generic social media posts.

Bottom line is, you simply don't go from "Badass Captain known across the galaxy" to.... "Unsure nice old man who just wants to help out"

And to humor whatever point you're trying to make, If they are trying to portray an "Old Picard" who's disillusioned with Starfleet, they're terrible at it.... we've already seen that already happen on TNG, and it was done extremely well...
    well, you certainly dont sound like you regurgitate a million bitter fanboy social media posts

badass captain (...) unsure nice old men, sure, he just told the media, and by extension starfleet and the federation as a whole to get ed.

Spoiler for Theory
    I'm guessing the parts of the collective which were severed but not diectly infected can revive the collective, if 'something' happens. That 'something' could be finding a new queen, a position maybe a perfect synth could fill......
    this is one of the instances where i seriously hope they disregard exisiting lore. the whole borg queen buisness was an incredibly dumb idea. makes sense to have an avatar for the borg, so the characters in a visual medium dont have to interact with a faceless voice, but thats it. 7 of 9 acted as that in voyager, and the queen became instantly superflous in that role. she is only there to have a singular bad guy, and for hacks like rick berman to have an easy villain.

please, just let the destroyer be something original. im far too old (shut up) and cynical to get that nagging voice out of my head: Halie is right, its going to be another borg queen. the dumb romulans made skynet, and then it became borg, thats why they hate cybernetics, its cybers all the way down INCEPTION FORGHORN.

Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 25, 2020 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Personal ref. removed

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    At least he got to say 'Engage.'
    Would've been a nice tribute to 'I'me not the actual captain of this ship' if he just nodded and Chris said "Engage" as the actual "Captain". But that's me.

Nobody catches the subtle things.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Spoiler for Theory
    Halie is right, its going to be another borg queen. the dumb romulans made skynet, and then it became borg, thats why they hate cybernetics, its cybers all the way down INCEPTION FORGHORN.
    Don't fight it. Borg Queen FTW!!..The clues are there. Soji knew stuff she couldn't have known unless she had access to the last Romulan ship to engage the Borg, or, the Borg....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Would've been a nice tribute to 'I'me not the actual captain of this ship' if he just nodded and Chris said "Engage" as the actual "Captain". But that's me.

Nobody catches the subtle things.
    To be fair they did the subtle thing when he told Picard to take a seat and he looked at, the chair.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

OK my problem is a not a borg queen (although I agree it ruined the premise) by why did the federation not use anything for TOS. Fire up the doomsday machine. Use the Time portal send a star-ship and crew through piece by piece and kill the Borg and Dominion in the cradle or hey get a ship to run with a Borg Cube behind it toward Metrons. Kirk was always nattering on in captain's log did he leave out stuff all the time aside from where he ditched Khan (or just delete them like Sisko?) and what say dunno we found nothing another boring day on the 5 year mission.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

No time travel! Its the devils taint

Blog Entries

Jeri Ryan. Oh yeh...

Borg Queen was inevitable. Picard needed someone to bounce off. I didn't mind her, though prefered when she was just the face of the Borg rather than the later (Voyager) when she could overide the collective.

Picard offers a chance to redress that, in some way... Just hope it doesn't fizzle out into who's got the strongest Romulan secret assasin society cough Samurai.

the queen. Still holding out for the demons being someone else, hell, give me romulan skynet.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    well, you certainly dont sound like you regurgitate a million bitter fanboy social media posts
    badass captain (...) unsure nice old men, sure, he just told the media, and by extension starfleet and the federation as a whole to get ed.

I'm 37 and I grew up on TNG and DS9 (which is PEAK STAR TREK) so you talkin to someone with taste, who has been there BEFORE the "social media fanboys" even existed.... meanwhile you've said absolutely nothing factual or of interest.. you want another reply out of me, you better step your game up

I didn't expect to see TNG Picard, but I'm not here for Pirate Picard either

Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 25, 2020 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Censor bypass removed

Pirate Picard is peak Picard.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Wow what an episode, the first time this series probably any TNG fan has felt truly nostalgic.....

Will Riker and Deanna Troi.... man oh man, did they deliver... especially Billy Boy there.... the dude hasn't skipped a beat.. I really hope they make more appearances during the show, this really felt like home for an episode there.

Blog Entries

Borg Queen, Borg Queen, Borg Queen....!!!

One way or another they had to go there.

7 was pure shmaltz, 8 was better, hoping 9 delivers some classic Trek.

Classic in what sense?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Blog Entries

Hammy acting, a desperate situation, Deus Ex Machina.

Classic Trek.

Just finished the season and as someone who grew up on TNG it pains me to say this but I enjoyed 80% of the season. I really think it went off the rails with the final two episodes. Felt like it almost ruined it.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Whats Ronald D. Moore up to these days? The writing in this show is atrocious. Its like watching the Star Trek version of Season 8 of Game of Thrones

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Well it seems to me that it all boils down to this:
    How we felt when Star Trek: Picard was announced:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How we felt at the end of season 1:

And I just know if I were him I'd need a trip to Risa at the end of all that:

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When they made Picard a synthetic at the end

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Whats Ronald D. Moore up to these days? The writing in this show is atrocious. Its like watching the Star Trek version of Season 8 of Game of Thrones
    Well to be fair, Game of Thrones has always had blood, gore, excessive swearing, and rampant superstition (unlike a certain other franchise...). So at least in that regard, GoT writers were consistent and season 8 was in line with the rest of the show.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

There used to be four lights. Now only darkness remains.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Is there no more positive story?? It feels like the federation is going to become a new empire in Star Wars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234