Thread: Installation error

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Installation error

Upon installing BC 7.0 + Enhanced submod from scratch, I get a weird error report: https://workupload.com/file/gcf2PEn9
    It doesn't seem to explain why my game CTD'd on launch. However, it previously did mention a missing data\preferences\player.txt, which I then copied there from my vanilla data folder as no other mod on my drive contains such a file.
    Any help is welcome in this matter.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation error

missing data\preferences\player.txt - that's the file containing info regarding your keyboard settings, it gets generated after the first play.
    log - doesn't show a single value for the 'game.script.trigger] [info]' lines - guess the game crashed before getting to the script.
    general - there appears to be an issue with a building pic just before the crash: [culture]_hinterland_meraviglia_4.tga, possibly an invalid format.
    general - suggest to re-install BC completely, then test if it runs. Afterwards make a copy of that folder and then install sub mod.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 23, 2020 at 09:00 PM.

Thank you, Gig! The reinstallation worked and I even managed to merge the Italian strings added in the latest version with the English translation. The only strings I missed out are the ones for the faction-specific advisor's introductions that are triggered by a (historic) Welcome event. Do you know where these texts can be found?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That should be in text\historic_events. Else do a file content search in that folder for the title of that event.

Yeah, I found them in the historic_events, even though most of it is translated. Thanks again for your input.