Thread: [Question ] what enables ancillaries at certain rank level

Default [Question ] what enables ancillaries at certain rank level

HI,

Back in questioning mode... What table dictates what ancillari(s) comes available as an agent or general reaches certain rank level? It seems that if one character achieves this level, the ancillary comes available at the whole faction, or maybe this is more complex stuff? Is it... scripted perhaps?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Question ] what enables ancillaries at certain rank level

scripted, "export_ancillaries.lua", yuo won't have any problem with those script (apart the fact there are a lot of entries...)

for db tables just make an "anc" search with RPFM on the left search bar and everything abot will appear

keep in mind that the "anc bug" is still persisting sometimes and Dresden should start trying to solve it with a may be possible solution really soon

Nice!

If you're referring to that "new ancillary is available and it cannot be found anywhere" bug, it was kind of reason why I started to dig into this. I totally trust Dresden in this case, maybe I just toy around with the script and see if there's anything for me.

Thanks Jake, you're always a charm

Patrician

you may want to check this thread:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...he-ancillaries

Thanks for the link!

Really helpful.Tested ths really quicly with "ancillary_included_subcultures" and "ancillary_to_included_agents" tables (of course with the script having the trigger) and managed to fix couple of those anc bugs. Very encouraging

I did my best with checking the ancillaries in those tables to make sure they are properly assigned, but I am sure I missed some! In the last update I added quite a few to the subcultures. The easiest way to do this is to assign every ancillary to every subculture, but that is not very db table efficient. The other way is to check each individual script trigger and make sure each of those has the proper agent type and subculture assigned in the db.

If you want to help out with that, its really appreciated! My plan was to just brute force it and add every ancillary to every subculture, but I really hate adding tons of unnecessary db entries.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ofcourse,

First we have to get the data sorted out. I've made a couple of excel formulas from those tables: The script, ancillaries:included_table and ancillaries_included_subcultures.

If we make an assuption first that the script is up to date. If not, that is the biggest struggle here... but with the script OK, heres what can be pinpointed out

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So these needs to be assigned either via included_agents or included_subcultures or both. Now, I don't know about the script, but can take a look later on that...

Actually I really don't know what agents these missing anc should serve and what subculture to include, but maybe you Dresden know this better?
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; January 29, 2020 at 06:27 AM.

Patrician

I think Dresden wants to include every subculture to every anc so to avoid any problem, hopefully.
    Can't say about agent type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I think Dresden wants to include every subculture to every anc so to avoid any problem, hopefully.
    Can't say about agent type.
    Maybe that can be determinated later, no problem. And what comes to script, it actually says what cultures can be triggered. So using extra db tables to cover them all is not in my opinion a problem