Thread: Script problem

PikEnthusiast's Avatar Foederatus

Default Script problem

It's me again! I was making a region for a mod, when this error came up in the log. It's a pretty vague description, and I wanted to know if anyone else had it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

11:28:37.190 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KGCM/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/japan/descr_strat.txt, at line 44, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 44.

I'm still somewhat new to the modding community, so I'm not too experienced. Here's what the error is referring to(and no, I'm not putting London in the Japanese Islands, the name is just a placeholder).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

settlement
    {
    level village
    region London

year_founded 0
    population 400
    plan_set default_set
    faction_creator england
    }

Thank you so much for reading. Have a great day!

Thanks

PikEnthusiast

Default Re: Script problem

The lines above this error will generally contain a "warning" about not being able to do something or something about an invalid location.

Honestly, the easiest way to deal with these things is to use Geomod.

Also there appears to be an extra blank line between region and year founded, not sure if that would cause an issue.

Checked it out, that won't cause any issues, my guess is invalid location, but without more info that's just a guess.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; April 02, 2023 at 01:41 PM.

That's the error code, but how does it manifest when you run the game? Is it crashing when you launch the game, when you start a new campaign? Does map.rwm get generated when starting a new campaign?

Have you been doing mapping work? That looks like an error with map_regions.tga where the settlement is on a border and the game can't tell which region it belongs to, or you added impassable terrain under the settlement in map_ground_types.tga or etc.

PikEnthusiast's Avatar Foederatus

That's the error code, but how does it manifest when you run the game? Is it crashing when you launch the game, when you start a new campaign? Does map.rwm get generated when starting a new campaign?

Have you been doing mapping work? That looks like an error with map_regions.tga where the settlement is on a border and the game can't tell which region it belongs to, or you added impassable terrain under the settlement in map_ground_types.tga or etc.
    I checked ground_types and regions, as well as features. As for what happens when I try to run the campaign, it freezes the screen for a moment, then kicks me out back to the singleplayer menu. It's also in the custom campaign option, if that helps at all.

That will be a syntax error in descr_strat, but I don't see anything wrong with your code there which makes me think something external to descr_strat is preventing the game from placing the settlement.