Thread: Solution for crashes after a battle

Default Solution for crashes after a battle

Don't know if this may will help somebody or it's already posted, if that's the case, sorry for repeating posts. The point it's that i was having fatal graphics error, still having an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6-Core Processor with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, sometimes randomly crashed after passing turn, but always finishing the loading's bar after all battles, i tried everything, but nothing worked, although at the end i figured out the solution for my issue. It was caused bc my OS (Windows 10 Pro) wasn't using the full capacity for the game (Virtual Memory) and, although i tried Large Address's complement to solve it, it didn't work, bc it was being nullified by deffect in the OS configuration. So, what i did was go to Control Panel, System, read there how much Ram i had, then, go on the left side & clicked on Advanced Configuration of System, in the Performance's section, clicked on Configuration, choosed the tab for Advanced Options, clicked on Change in Virtual Memory's section, unchecked the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box at the top of the same windows, clicked on the main hard drive, i have 2 hard drives of 1TB, one for the OS, Apps & games (C's unit) & other for storage (D'unit), in my case i choosed C's unit, then, clicked on Custom size, i have 15'9 usable Gb of Ram from 16, bc 1% it's for the OS, so, in Initial Size's box i put 24422 [1024(1Gb)x15'9(my ram)x1'5], in Maximum size 48844 [1024(1Gb)x15'9(my ram)x3], click on Establish, Accept, after done, you'll need to reboot the PC to make sure that the new configuration it's used. One time rebooted, i tested BOTET & BOTET AC & other mods too, after finishing turn or ending a battle, it never crashed me again.

PS: If you solved your issue doing this, but you add more RAM in the future, it would be recommendable to recalculate the new Initial & Maximum Size for your Virtual Memory. Btw, i read too that activating "Without file of pagination" in Virtual Memory's section solved, it should solve this too, although i didn't test it that. Anyways i wanted to share my situation if this could help somebody. Peace & long life to the Metal.
    Last edited by Garnash; January 19, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Solution for crashes after a battle

didnt work for me. i know i got plenty of processing power and graphics to handle the battles. but they randomly crash with video graphics error. usually further into the campaign i go.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

i think it has something to do with greatly expanded strategy maps in some mods. this may be why the games seem to run with few problems in the first turns but as the strategy map starts filling up with more characters and army stacks i think ram demand gets pretty high. but even though i have 16 gigs of memory doesnt matter cause the computer will only give a 32 bit program only 2 gigs.

i cant download visual studio cause windows says it will not work with 8.1 OS and i aint going to buy windows outlook so i can use largeaddressaware to mod the exe so i can use a lot more ram than is allocated for a 32 bit game which is only rationed out 2 gigs of ram with the largeaddressaware flag.

So i am reducing the resolution for the strategy map to reduce the ram spike demand when the game switches from battle to map. not sure how it will work out but so far everything is ok.

BETTER PIKES

no after getting further into the campaign, leaving battles, you see more of the fatal graphics errors. not sure why there arent any downloads to patch the exe with a largeaddressaware flag unless CA considers it infringement on their product.

BETTER PIKES

i found the solution but no one on total war center gave me one hint about it nor did they tell me where to find it.

largeaddressaware patch addressed the problem. a simple 24kb tool and people are afraid to even use the name.

i found it on mod db. if your having the same problem maybe you can find it searching like I did. i cant even post a link the page i got it from.

pretty silly as i cant figure out how extending the life of your 32bit game by helping it play smoother somehow violates someones rules.

BETTER PIKES