Thread: Totally new to Divide et Impera and Rome 2 for that matter... which campaign is best to start in?

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default Totally new to Divide et Impera and Rome 2 for that matter... which campaign is best to start in?

Hi all,

I'm not new to the total war series but I am to Rome 2 (think I managed 2 hours 5 years back!).

Divide et Impera has come highly recommended so I'm going to give it a go but now its installed which is the best campaign to give it a go at? There's so many option at the title screen I'm a little confused... Should i just go for Grand Campaign and Roma? If so which faction? Or do I need to select a specific campaign for Divide et Impera to be activated?

Also does the mod work on other faction or just Rome?

Thanks for any feedback/ help.
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Totally new to Divide et Impera and Rome 2 for that matter... which campaign is best to start in?

Grand Campaign is the one you should go for.

If you never played DeI, Egypt on normal/normal is good start if you want to get accustomed with various systems like population, reforms, supplies.

Once you go for like 50 turns, you should be good to play as any other faction.

Of course nothing stops you from going straight into Roman campaign.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Totally new to Divide et Impera and Rome 2 for that matter... which campaign is best to start in?

Ok brill, thanks for the reply!
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Libertus

Yeah Rome's starting position is much tougher than vanilla's, but their God-tier roster can get you through any mess so long as you are tenacious and confident. So yeah, if you want to start things off to grapple with game systems: Egypt is insulated by geography, by culture, and by politics, so there aren't many immediately challenges there. It has a pretty robust roster, so you'll have fun with army comps to go along with easier settlement management and enemies to engage at your leisure!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    If you never played DeI, Egypt on normal/normal is good start if you want to get accustomed with various systems like population, reforms, supplies.
    But if you're attacked by Seleukides within first few turns, you should start the campaign again. I've played the campaign at Normal and I was steamrolled.
    Once you get a message that the Seleukid vassals rebelled, you're safe.
    (my information might be not up-to-date, though, KAM knows the best)