Thread: Turning Venice Into A Republic - Problems

Laetus

Icon5 Turning Venice Into A Republic - Problems

Wanted to play Venice in SS6.4 + Bugfix Meloo.

Found it odd that Venice has a family tree considering Venice didnt have a family tree and was a republic with a senate and council for the entire medieval age.

Went into the files like sm_factions and turned family tree from yes to no and removed princess. Works fine except renaming 'Venetian Family Member' to 'Venetian Senator' using expanded doesnt seem to work.

I still have family members, and not only that but they are called 'Family member' with a lower case m, which is really getting to me.

Ive changed every expanded.txt file and this Family member wont budge.
    I also looked at the teutonic orders sm_factions, they have their own type of family tree, (which I also tried) and in expanded family members are renamed to 'council member'. Why does it work for them and not Venice? Am I missing something?

All help is appreciated.

Default Re: Turning Venice Into A Republic - Problems

Before making any edits to the files, always make a backup of them so that in the event of a problem you do not lose everything and have to start over again.
    I was curious, how did you edit the files and work now? I also want to fix these problems in SS6.4 and make it more historic.