Thread: Dwarves campaing

Default Dwarves campaing

Hello everyone, sorry for my english a first.

Im dealing with the dwarf campaing...it is impossible to me to pass well the first 50 turns, i have restart it a lot of times, proving different views at ways to play and it is very difficult... i like dwarf a lot, but i dont know how to play them in this mod... any advice for the first moves, economy, what to done?

Thanks a lot if you help me in this...

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Dwarves campaing

Hi,

What version are you playing? 1.5 or the newer one?

In 1.5 i also struggled to surviwe past 40-50 turn.

Thanks, im playing 1.5+Discord version.

Im now at turn 40 and seeing the light, jeje. Is an expression that im now thinking that i will survive this one.

I left behind karak Hirn and send all troop to Barak Varn. After a few defensive batlles, i conquest Grinburg (or something like that) and now i hope to star my counterattacks!!

How do you play? what do you do to survive?

I re-started a few times too and found the same solution.

At first I tried to save the westernmost city that rebelled, but I had issues financing the army and eventually lost.
    Then I tried giving it up, dismantling the buildings, disbanding the local army and sending the lord to Barak Varr. Barak Varr survived two sieges, but I gave up the game at the third siege.
    (I also noticed that if I launch an attack from the besieged city and destroy the siege equipment, then the orks will lift the siege and come back one or two rounds later.)
    The last try was giving up Barak Varr and the rebelling city and withdraw the lords to the capital. I sent the merchants to trade with warp-stones, disbanded the units that were not free-upkeep.
    Unfortunately it turned out that the mining buildings that were suppose to grant money gave me nothing so I quit playing dwarves.

I also started chaos undivided. I captured have 11 cities. I stopped playing because I felt it was too easy, but I will carry on.

I`m playing with Reikland now and it is a tad bit easier than the dwarves but I still had to re-start a few times until I figured out how to survive the first 30 turns.

Play new version: 2.0 Beta
    Most of the annoying stuff is corrected.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GB...6ZvZOui4G/view
    And also instal (replace) - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ampaign_db.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
    I re-started a few times too and found the same solution.

At first I tried to save the westernmost city that rebelled, but I had issues financing the army and eventually lost.
    Then I tried giving it up, dismantling the buildings, disbanding the local army and sending the lord to Barak Varr. Barak Varr survived two sieges, but I gave up the game at the third siege.
    (I also noticed that if I launch an attack from the besieged city and destroy the siege equipment, then the orks will lift the siege and come back one or two rounds later.)
    The last try was giving up Barak Varr and the rebelling city and withdraw the lords to the capital. I sent the merchants to trade with warp-stones, disbanded the units that were not free-upkeep.
    Unfortunately it turned out that the mining buildings that were suppose to grant money gave me nothing so I quit playing dwarves.

I also started chaos undivided. I captured have 11 cities. I stopped playing because I felt it was too easy, but I will carry on.

I`m playing with Reikland now and it is a tad bit easier than the dwarves but I still had to re-start a few times until I figured out how to survive the first 30 turns.
    Thanks!! I manage to pass the first turns. Yo need all the merchants in the south area where are some dragon bones. And to the south of Khemri, to de ruins. Left de westernmost city and destroy everything, sending the army to barak varr, and another units from karak az karak to reinforce. Then, start to defend everything, after defending and havind the merchants starting making money you are going to be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveric View Post
    Play new version: 2.0 Beta
    Most of the annoying stuff is corrected.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GB...6ZvZOui4G/view
    And also instal (replace) - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ampaign_db.xml
    How i install it? If i have the previus one? 1.5+Discord.

Rename or delete previous BOTET folder in Mods.

For example, name the old one: "BOTET_OLD".

Perfect

Wow, thank you.
    How do you install this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveric View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
    Wow, thank you.
    How do you install this?
    Just copy & paste it inside data folder.

Artifex

I play version 1.5 but I have modded the dwarfs and most other factions units to have very different stats and don't know what the vailla experience is like. Could someone describe in a bit more detail what makes the dwarfs lose? They seem to start so strong and with several karaks so even if some would fall they remain in a strong position. What is it that happens to the dwarf player?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

They have too many units to upkeep and they go bankrupt immediately. Their economy sucks and even if you disband all your non free upkeep units you will have very little money to spend on your first turns. Plus they start at war with many evil factions and that drops their reliability (a side-effect of the way diplomacy worked in vanilla).
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor