Thread: another name for Corcyra

Default another name for Corcyra

I tried to use "process_cq" with Corcyra. However, I received the message "err: settlement not found." What name should I use?

Default Re: another name for Corcyra

I forgot to mention that I also tried "Korkyra" and "Corfu," but they also did not work.

Tiro

I have found that if you put in the exact name of the settlement as it appears on the map at that moment then it won't be a problem. When I am testing things before playing a campaign I often change the name of the settlement to "A" or something similar so I can easily use the process_cq without incident. If you changed the name to something else I suggest you use the new name. If you didn't change the name I would make sure there are not spaces or something in the name which are functionally invisible.
    I hope this helps.

Yes, I have made sure that I put in the exact name Corcyra, and it doesn't work. It looks like you (Richard The Impaler) are much more advanced than I. I have never tried to change the name of a city in the files of the game's program, as I think you have done. When I wrote that I had also tried Korkyra and Corfu, I only meant that I had tried them in "process_cq" after Corcyra had failed. I have not changed anything in the game/in the game's files.

Tiro

I wonder if there is a space in there or something. As far as renaming settlements with RTH I do it all the time. I am always interested in what the settlement can do for me militarily. Usually the form is something like [Rome 32224 4T1] where the Rome is the given name of the settlement. It can be Athens or whatever. The 5 digits tell me the upgrade levels of the settlement: the 3 is light weapons (spears, butterknives, etc) upgrade, the first number two is heavy weapons (swords, axes), the second number two is missile upgrade, the last number two is armor, and the four is the experience point level for all units which can be trained in the settlement. For example, a peasant would have a gold weapon upgrade, +3, silver shield upgrade, +2, and one silver experience chevron. Hastati or axmen would have a silver weapon, silver armor, and a silver experience chevron. The 4T1 part tells me that the settlement has all the level four military buildings (army barracks, hippodrome, catapult range), and the T tells me that I can recruit Triremes. The one tells me the experience level of the Trireme I can recruit (in Rome Total War general experience upgrades only upgrade land units unless a port specifically allows upgrades to naval units). Capua, Tarantem, and Syracuse, for example, have some sort of fleet arsenal which allows Triremes with +1 experience (hence the T1). All other settlements would be simply T (understood has having 0 experience). A fully upgraded settlement would be [name] 33339 5D. The D is for Decere which only a few factions can build.

I am sorry I rambled but that is the primary reason I rename settlements and why. In vanilla I just add to the name the temple type and level of military buildings (Capua Vulcan 3B, for example).

Tiro

Also, I don't go into the files per se in order to change the name. If the game doesn't allow you to change the name by simply clicking on the name in the city page when you click on the settlement (the page where the governor, if any, is leering at you while you can see the building browser) you can go into preferences and find the EDIT_SETTLEMENT_NAMES: FALSE (which is at the bottom, I think) and change the false to true and save. Then you can change the names in game as much as you want.

Sometimes the screen name and file name are different, such as in BI, the settlement of Campus Quadi (in the game), in the files it is Campus_Quaddi.
    So the simple addition of another 'D' makes the settlement not found.

Edit, I just checked the files for RTH, and Corcyra is spelt exactly the way you have it. I have no idea what the problem may be.

Wow. I still learn new things about this game.
    I always wanted to edit my city names, since back in 2007, and never realized how easy that is.
    Just go to your city and click on the city name above your governor. Then you can edit the name.
    I never did that in 10 years playing!

However there maybe one downfall, because a number of triggers are actually using the screen name of the cities.
    I don't know if they will still be working after changing the names.

As an example, certain philosophers or other kind of ancillaries will appear only in determinate cities.
    So if you change Rhodes to Rhodos or Athens to Athenae you might lose them.
    In some cases I have taken this into account, putting for example Tyros and Tyre into the trigger, but this is only done in the most obvious cases.

So if you are used to change your city names, you should check the triggers for the previous.
    There you will find, for example, this one in export_descr_ancillaries:

;-------------------------------------<br>-
    Trigger trigger_illyrian_pirate_in_Corcyra
    WhenToTest GeneralCaptureSettlement
    Condition SettlementName Segestica, Apollonia, Corcyra
    and Attribute Command >= 2
    and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary illyrian_pirate chance 20

To make sure that it works after changing your name to Korkyra, add the following:

;-------------------------------------<br>-
    Trigger trigger_illyrian_pirate_in_Korkyra
    WhenToTest GeneralCaptureSettlement
    Condition SettlementName Korkyra
    and Attribute Command >= 2
    and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary illyrian_pirate chance 20

Another file that has similar triggers is export_descr_character_traits.

For example this one:

Trigger Dioiketes
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
    and EndedInSettlement
    and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    and FactionType egypt
    and SettlementName Alexandria, Memphis
    and Trait Factionleader = 0
    and Trait Egyptian_Cursus = 9

Affects Egyptian_Cursus 2 Chance 10

But this regards mostly the forthcoming upgrade.
    Before that comes out, I will check these issues and add more triggers with different city names or spellings.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Tiro

I ran into this problem in the FATW mod. I tend to leave the settlement names as is except that I put in alpha-numerical suffixes which, at a glance, tell me the upgrades available and units which can be recruited in the settlement.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    However there maybe one downfall, because a number of triggers are actually using the screen name of the cities.
    I don't know if they will still be working after changing the names.
    I think it's more likely a coincidence that the data name is the same as the display name, but in case it does work with display names as well - it just got amply demonstrated why you shouldn't use the display name (unless you want something only to fire if a scripted name change was done), the simple click and edit method is used fairly often as well. Always use the data name in your scripts to avoid this, either take it from descr_regions or from imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names:

descr_regions:
    First line is region's data name
    Second line is settlement's data name

imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names reference:
    {data name}display name