Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toxic Masculinity

Default Re: Toxic Masculinity

Having read some online discussions on toxic masculinity, I must say that this is one of the sanest and most well-rooted in reality.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Having read some online discussions on toxic masculinity, I must say that this is one of the sanest and most well-rooted in reality.
    Thank you kindly, sir. You're my hero! Together we will fight toxic masculinity and we'll start with the Celts. Who's with me? It's time to castigate the Welsh, Scots and Irish and point out everything they've done wrong and blame them for things that ancient Gauls did in France, the Celtiberians did in Spain, and the Galatians did in Greece & Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by nichita1998 View Post
    The Gauls were actually mega gay.
    This is clearly a post produced by a mind consumed by toxic masculinity, projecting their homophobia onto peoples past and present! TOXIC! CANCELLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I dunno about you, but I'd consider addition of Conchita Wursts (female body, male head with facial hair) and Justin Biebers (male body+female head) in one unit an easter egg.
    I'm salivating over this idea. I forward this motion. All those in favor of this proposal say I?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Make them Generals with a random chance of showing up.

And when they do, have the background music change to a Rick Roll.
    I think it should be the generals for the "New Guys" faction that destroys itself on the first turn of the game, only they shouldn't die off. Instead, you should have the option to fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I'm salivating over this idea. I forward this motion. All those in favor of this proposal say I?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Actually, there should be. The Skythian Nobles would have female models as well as male, were it not for the way the engine builds them in battles. We couldn't have implemented it without hugely reducing the variety you see (a throwback to EB1's "clone armies").
    free us from outdated gender conventions, give us non-binary skythians, you cowards!

Artifex

Hehe, deliver us from such foul threats to our personal safe zones as the Cis-Alpine celtic tribesmen, oh noble social justice consuls. CIS-Alpine...the worst of them all! Run for your lives...

I agree with Septentrionalis, when it comes to discussions of this subject it is hard to distinguish between parody and the real thing. Usually the former is more subtle and moderate.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Cisalpine --> CIS-Alpine...holy crap, I'm gonna be breaking character for just a moment to point out that that's a good one.

Also, the whole failure to distinguish between parody and seriousness has a standard label, at least in Internet usage: "Poe's Law".

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Cisalpine --> CIS-Alpine...holy crap, I'm gonna be breaking character for just a moment to point out that that's a good one.

Also, the whole failure to distinguish between parody and seriousness has a standard label, at least in Internet usage: "Poe's Law".
    How many layers of irony are you on though?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12