Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Known issues.

Default Re: Know issues.

Unfrotunately I only had a save from one turn before the CTD, and so could not get past it.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

mhh, i highly suggest to save every turn by it´s number - you can later delete older saves. this way you can get past this static ctd after reloading 2-3 turns prior and replay this turns. they mostly solve themselve. i´m not sure whats the reason behind this ctd´s, but they seems to be the only critical ones left. the log looks mostly the same.

the game ctd, when the new turn is loading.

if anyone had this issues in other mods, i´m open for suggestions

can it be that the battle_model for the king of Pechenegs, the textures are messed up,it's the Pecheneg_King
    getting older

mhh, will take a look.
    thank you for reporting this issue

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Had one of those crashes you can not get past, on rebels winter turn 912 AD apparently it had something to do with a greek event picture?

at turn 160?
    which event take place?

if it´s the log, then this isn´t the reason. the game just crashes when trying to start the next turn.

I don't get to see the event I'm trying to think from previous campaigns. I'm going to start either fresh campaign or from a save way back

have at least 10 different savegames aka 10 turns.
    most of this crashes can be solved by moving 3 turns back and replay.

in the new build i´ve experienced no crash so far, but i´m only at turn 55 with the ERE. Reworking and shaping this new build will take some time. besides the many new units, will be a bunch of new scripts and mechanics.

Sounds great as always team, well both of you now. Still learning scripting then maybe can help and share my ideas

Hi everyone !, i haven't written here for a long time but i didn't forget about this awesome mod !
    I just remembered about the kievan siege of Constantinople. After agreeing to pay the ramson to the kievan general he stopped the siege and the following turn he rebelled. The supporting fleet stayed loyal to kiev.
    Kievan army went north, in a bulgarian costal province while the supporting fleet was "stuck" near Constantinople for several turns until i got annoyed and i sank it.
    I hope i didn't write about this too late.

thats an interesting abservation.
    i´ve recently reworked parts of this script, because a new shadow-faction may rebel when the old gods of kiev will be abandoned in favoir of christianity. the stuck fleet was stuck because of the port? or did the CAI forgot about them?

The fleet was stuck near the coast of thrace, fairly far away from ports. I guess IA forgot about it because almost every faction with at least a coastal province seems to forgot about navy.
    For what i could see only Emirate of Crete, Egypt, Franks, Venice, aghlabids and Abbasids use more or less the navy.
    Last edited by juventinopazzo97; February 06, 2021 at 02:45 PM.

11:19:03.479 [game.script] [always] Turn Start slave
    11:19:05.819 [game.script] [always] slave: Faction turn start
    11:20:33.519 [game.script] [always] Turn End slave
    11:20:33.519 [game.script] [always] slave: Faction turn end
    11:20:33.904 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesromanr_Allied_byzantium_II>
    : DiplomaticStanceFromCharacter needs a living character.

when testing <DiplomaticStanceFromCharacter> condition
    11:20:33.904 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesromanr_Allied_byz_reb_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesromanr_AtWar_byzantium_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesromanr_AtWar_byz_reb_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesshiar_Allied_fatimids_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesshiar_AtWar_fatimids_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_pechenegs_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_pechenegs_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_magyars_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_magyars_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_turcomans_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_turcomans_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesrusr_Allied_kiev_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesrusr_AtWar_kiev_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_abasids_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_abasids_II>

11:20:33.905 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_tulunids_II>

11:20:33.906 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_tulunids_II>

11:20:33.906 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_aghlabids_II>

11:20:33.906 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_aghlabids_II>

11:20:33.906 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_chandax_II>

11:20:33.906 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_chandax_II>

11:20:34.023 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

thanks for sharing. those errormessage about the trait trigger isn´t causing the crash.
    seems like the game crashes when the new turn is starting (log of the slave turn finished).

you could try to reload the last turn savegame and if the crash happen again, reload 2 or 3 turns prior.
    you will most likely bypass this crash then.

edit:
    did you notice any sieges in the AI turn?
    which turn and faction you are?

I too have an AI turn CTD at turn 112 unfortunately no matter how many turns I go back I cannot go forward past turn 112

for which faction?
    can you upload the logfile? could be an script issue... at turn 111 magyars attack szeged and in turn 113 they attack titel settlement.
    how many turns you go back? how own´s this two settlements? are there FL or FH present?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    thanks for sharing. those errormessage about the trait trigger isn´t causing the crash.
    seems like the game crashes when the new turn is starting (log of the slave turn finished).

you could try to reload the last turn savegame and if the crash happen again, reload 2 or 3 turns prior.
    you will most likely bypass this crash then.

edit:
    did you notice any sieges in the AI turn?
    which turn and faction you are?
    I tried going back one turn, didn't work, two turns, and then I had the same issue.

This was happening before as well on an earlier turn, but the last time I avoided it by moving my troops around a bit and assaulting a siege on two rebel settlements and taking them.

I'm turn 35 as the Roman Empire. You want me to toggle fog of war and go check for sieges? I'll do it.

Thank you for replying!

i normally go back 2-3 turns if a persistant crash happens in the build and can continue the game. in my current build i´ve got two of those situations in 112 turns, but could pass them with this roleback.
    i´m not sure about the reason, as the log file doesn´t give a clue. beside the totally random del_bug/eszag_bug map crash, this two things are the reasons for crashes (the mapcrash only happen if near the malus regions and only between turn 30-90 sporadicly).

a toggle_fow could be helpfull. maybe you can spot a siege or a battle.
    you can also switch into this faction with "control [faction]" (if you want to decontrol, same command again - but use this only for research, as this may inflict scripts for the human player)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i normally go back 2-3 turns if a persistant crash happens in the build and can continue the game. in my current build i´ve got two of those situations in 112 turns, but could pass them with this roleback.
    i´m not sure about the reason, as the log file doesn´t give a clue. beside the totally random del_bug/eszag_bug map crash, this two things are the reasons for crashes (the mapcrash only happen if near the malus regions and only between turn 30-90 sporadicly).

a toggle_fow could be helpfull. maybe you can spot a siege or a battle.
    you can also switch into this faction with "control [faction]" (if you want to decontrol, same command again - but use this only for research, as this may inflict scripts for the human player)
    Went back to turn 32, and it crashed again at the same turn

Version: TGC_melt. Kyivan Rus campaing:

23:23:20.994 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC_melt/data/normal_map_8m
    23:23:20.994 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC_melt/data/normal_map_8m
    23:23:21.419 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC_melt/data/settlements/rus/settlements/city/rus_city_A.world
    23:23:21.419 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/settlements/rus/settlements/city/rus_city_A.world,,not found
    23:23:21.419 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/settlements/rus/settlements/city/rus_city_A.world,,not found
    23:23:21.419 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/settlements/rus/settlements/city/rus_city_A.world,,not found
    23:23:21.419 [system.io] [warning] open: data/settlements/rus/settlements/city/rus_city_A.world is missing
    23:23:21.436 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.