Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Known issues.

Default Re: Known issues.

Cool thanks for the replies.

I'm having again a crash at turn 72, don't know how much in the past i must go to avoid it, tried 4 turns but it still happens. And it's so often as the rebels turn ends, with no log, that there must be something with the rebels somehow. I would make a guess that's it's probably just 1 issue that repeats itself over and over under certain circumstances. I hope you guys can figure out what it is

I managed to get much further on my next replay, however it seems that i've stumbled upon a real bug with the script. I'm no expert, but it should have something to do with the Roman shadow faction? Is there any way to fix this? Any way to avoid it? What are the requirements for the event to fire?

Here's what's written in the log:

00:28:19.410 [game.script] [always] Turn End byzantium
    00:28:19.410 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <faction_emerge> at line 3747 in mods/TGC_melt/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Thanks for the help, hopefully i can continue the campaign, i don't have the patience to start a new one yet again

EDIT:

Managed to get it to work by going back a few turns in what was probably the 10th attempt Just glad it's working, the event still fired but it worked for some reason. Don't know why it didn't the first time.

One thing i want to ask; do Family Members ever die? Basil is pushing 90, and i haven't had any death occur yet from a family member in almost 30 years. Everyone is very old, and very much alive.
    Last edited by Anubis88; January 26, 2022 at 06:14 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Strange in all my VH/VH campaigns with Xweyx 4.1 Basil dies from natural causes from 60 to 65 years old.
    One advice. When a script requires a battle do it...When I avoided battle with Paulikians the game crashed.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Strange in all my VH/VH campaigns with Xweyx 4.1 Basil dies from natural causes from 60 to 65 years old.
    One advice. When a script requires a battle do it...When I avoided battle with Paulikians the game crashed.
    Yes i've noticed that. Maybe remove the option to decline?

Me again I hope i'm not writing too much, but i want to report on the issues/questions i find as i find them, so that they can be addressed when the you guys have the time.

- I've noticed that in Ragusa i can recruit local units like Heavy Spearmen by building the brothel. Is this intended?
    - I've got an event saying that some Viking Mercenaries should be available in the "south". Are these units in the game already? Where/how can they be recruited?
    - I can also confirm that Hadrianopolis has Mayan Pyramids when fighting a battle there instead of normal buildings.

I have played 180 turns, the Magyars have long left the Bug and the Pechenegs are there now and the game still crashes if I hover over that part of the map. It may become a big problem if I ever have to fight battles there or if someone decides to send a diplomat to Peresechen.

So far, 180 turns in, nobody has died from old age. Knyaz Boris is well into his 90s. Domagoj I think was past 100 years old before he died in battle. It is like the Old Testament, or like TATW, where characters just live forever.

I managed to somehow get to turn 148... I got a rebel CTD at the end of the turn 147 and had to reload a few times to finally get through it.

However now i can't get past turn 148, only this time the crash happens right as i click the "end turn", so basically still on my turn? Don't know what the issue could be, but it feels different than the other CTDs.

Posting the log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Another log... I've gotten a crash mid battle against the Abasids a few turns ago so i avoided the battle next time, and now i got another crash in the same area vs the same opponents, however this time the crash happened while the battle was loading already. I'll attach the log again, hopefully there's some information.

2 more things i'd like to mention;

- When a settlement of mine is about to revolt, i get a crash right at the end of the turn. It seems quite consistent, the only way to prevent the crash has been to give away the city for free and reconquer it right away while enslaving the population.

- It seems i cannot bribe anyone. My bank is getting close to 2 million, but even a small unit will not consider a bribe, so it's probably an AI issue. Also, on a similar note, nobody will ever consider a truce either.

Those are errors of thelastupgrade of the game 0.98 . I have anolder version without any such crashes.
    jurceck promised to help _tartaros_ with the scipts but he is busy with his work in Wallachian TW.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

i personaly thank both wilddog and makanyane that solved an issue with Romaic large town.
    I regretfully annoynce that TGC will be released with messsed up settlements ..When you will expect to see a Bulgarian city you will see an Aztec one and so on...
    Unforthunatly all IWTE tool experts that told me that they would help TGC never kept their promises (its their right). All the rest IWTE tool experts interest in making settlements for fantacy mods and not historical ones (its their right).
    So you will enjoy TGC with a settlements mess. Nothing is perfect anyway.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im getting stuck on turn 48 as Romania. I have gone back several times to saves to reload, but it crashes on rebel turn in winter

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Playing as the Eastern Franks. Stuck on Turn 11 going into 12. Crashes every time it gets to the Rebels. I've gone back a few times and tried to take different actions but I'm guessing its script but here is the log for posterity's sake.

Would love to continue on and restore the dignity of the Carolingian throne. Thank you in advance for any potential help.

As soon as Jurceck will input the East Frankia transformation to Ottonian /HRE faction a new release will be available. Sorry for the luck of replies but i know nothing about scripts.
    In my curent DATA we have some scripts fixes by Calistonian plus the new script made by bittehowl and we wait Jurceck to imput it in the campaign scripts.
    Also we wait Araval to transform few head textures made by Razor to polish both East Frankia, HRE and Norman units to fit with the style of the rest of the units.
    I was sick last week and left my Is;amic units rework a bit behind.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

new release that is great

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

I will wait patiently then for the updated version. Thank you.

I am in the in pleasant situation ti inform our fans base that all our scripters aboandoned TGC (_tartaros_ and Jurcek and also Calistonian that when he made a new campaign script never returned to fix its flaws).
    TGC seak dediated scripters in other TW sites because TWC ones remain in a hostile attidute in anything TGC related.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

mhh, didn´t i retired from TGC?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    mhh, didn´t i retired from TGC?
    I ment that both youu and Jurceck have your own projects to give your attention to... TGC requires full comitment.
    Soon we will have the 1st IWTE results and waiting Araval to make some modifications to faces hair to make new German and Slavic/Bulgarian units.
    What bothers me most is that Calistonian DID tried to help but when the 1st CTD of his script apeared he never bothered to check it out asking me to find what is the problem. But if I knew what the problem was that would mean that I could be a scripter as well. I made a full start_map ship models with each one having its faction symbol and I continue.