Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Known issues.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Know issues.

Has Windows deleted anything? Just a thought? Every now and then windows just feels the need to remove parts of medIi not all of it, just enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SINIGR View Post
    So i have a big problem, each save passed 200 turns can't be load it either crashes in mid loading or a few miliseconds after starting to enter the game session.

I don t know what changed but i had to go back at around 170 turns otherwise i would get the error once i started to load a save files atm i am at 364

Playing a Bulgarian campaign, all Roman and Balkan cities with stone walls have Mayan pyramids in them - was the case when I took Thessalonica and also when Titel was sieged by the Magyars. Not game breaking, as battles can still be fought, but kind of funny. I do not recall such buildings when taking Alexandria in a Chandax campaign, so probably somehow related to culture.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thank you for reporting. do you remember which tier of churches are build in those cities?
    the "balkan" orthodox church line are up to the highest tier, the game seems to putting in a placeholder

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Playing a Bulgarian campaign, all Roman and Balkan cities with stone walls have Mayan pyramids in them - was the case when I took Thessalonica and also when Titel was sieged by the Magyars. Not game breaking, as battles can still be fought, but kind of funny. I do not recall such buildings when taking Alexandria in a Chandax campaign, so probably somehow related to culture.
    What version do you play? Can you upload a screenshot?
    As far as start_map models all cultures have their own unique ones from village to large_city.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Known issues.

I am playing 0.98 with patch 1. I am not sure about the churches and certainly do not remember what the AI had in Thessalonica. In Titel I had either first or second tier Balkan church. Sieged Constantinople yesterday and it had Muslim architecture inside with lots of minarets. I remember it had the top tier Orthodox Cathedral. Same Muslim architecture with Athens, though since it was a smaller city with wooden walls there were no minarets, but not sure what tier Orthodox church it had inside.

Btw, the Roman AI moves it capital early on and does very little to protect Thessalonica or Constantinople. A garrison script for certain major settlements when controlled by the AI might be a good idea.

I am playing 0.98 with patch 1. I am not sure about the churches and certainly do not remember what the AI had in Thessalonica. In Titel I had either first or second tier Balkan church. Sieged Constantinople yesterday and it had Muslim architecture inside with lots of minarets. I remember it had the top tier Orthodox Cathedral. Same Muslim architecture with Athens, though since it was a smaller city with wooden walls there were no minarets, but not sure what tier Orthodox church it had inside.

Btw, the Roman AI moves it capital early on and does very little to protect Thessalonica or Constantinople. A garrison script for certain major settlements when controlled by the AI might be a good idea.
    So we are talking about UI building picture of Churches.
    And yes. When all rosters will be finallised all faction Capitals or event cities that are final targets in events (like in Rusichi mod) will have giarrison script. Thank you that you remind it to us. It svery essential to make Faction Capitals "hard nuts " for players.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I expect Chandax to come siege Thessalonica soon, and the Rus should try to siege Constantinople shortly after that. If that happens, I will take screenshots, and I will take screenshots of any other siege battles where the architecture is out of place or there are floating buildings, etc.

As Bulgaria, the Romans have been largely disappointing, offering very little in terms of resistance and push back. The Magyars thanks to the scripts have been the most persistent and difficult enemy so far. I am playing with the aggressive AI and stronger rebels options on.

I expect Chandax to come siege Thessalonica soon, and the Rus should try to siege Constantinople shortly after that. If that happens, I will take screenshots, and I will take screenshots of any other siege battles where the architecture is out of place or there are floating buildings, etc.

As Bulgaria, the Romans have been largely disappointing, offering very little in terms of resistance and push back. The Magyars thanks to the scripts have been the most persistent and difficult enemy so far. I am playing with the aggressive AI and stronger rebels options on.
    Strange. I have previus versions of TGC and never encountered such problem. Unless you are talking about Battlemap cities (real sieges and not strat_map models). Its true that we seak an IWTE tool expert to help us create new cities or atleast modify existing ones. All experts want fantacy mods ...that is a pity. If you know any one and wishes to help please tell him/her to contact us. XHollycrusader promised to help bu t we never hear of him in the last months...

It is a battle map issue. Arab rebels sieged Thessalonica as expected in the summer of 904 AD, and here are screenshots of the city's Mesoamerican architecture. I have a tier 2 Balkan Church built, but that being said it was the same architecture when I was taking it from the Romans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thessalonica Battle Map 904 AD.jpg   Thessalonica Battle Map 904 AD 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; January 05, 2022 at 12:51 AM.

Is there any know bug at the end of turn 31? I can't get past it, get a CTD right at the end of the rebels turn from turn 31 to 32 with the Romans. I'm attaching the log, hopefully it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sadly the log donīt show any hint. it finish the slave turn and want to load the new (your) turn. did you reload 3 turns back and replay?

It is a battle map issue. Arab rebels sieged Thessalonica as expected in the summer of 904 AD, and here are screenshots of the city's Mesoamerican architecture. I have a tier 2 Balkan Church built, but that being said it was the same architecture when I was taking it from the Romans.
    looks like the mesoamircan culture is kind of a placeholder. i suspect the romaic and balkan culture has leaks in the battlemaps buildingline. need to invastigate this.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    sadly the log donīt show any hint. it finish the slave turn and want to load the new (your) turn. did you reload 3 turns back and replay?
    No i got greedy . I was doing that for the first 10 turns or so with everything going smoothly, so i just stopped doing it, thinking there is no need.

Do you have any suggestions or should i start a new campaign?

Went for a second playthrough from the start, now knowing a bit what i'm doing so i'm not broke all the time.

Amazing mod, but i again got a crash which i can't pass. It's on turn 12 now, and i've saved every turn, went back to turn 8, but again get the crash on turn 12.

Too bad the mod is so unstable at this point, it really is amazing. I'm attaching the log again, maybe it helps out and gives some hints why the game crashes. Btw the crash is again at the end of the rebels turn.

Hope it helps, and i hope maybe it can help me
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've managed to get past it, but now i have found another 2 curious crashes, that so far aren't game breaking.

The first happened again on a rebel turn, when i won a siege of a small settlement. There must be an issue there, because i tried it twice with the crash (at end of the turn the rebels lose and they don't sally out); however when i lifted the siege before ending the turn there was no crash.

Another, more peculiar is happening around turn 40, when i try to explore the Crimea and Ukraine. As soon as i move my fleet close the game crashes. I tried it a couple of times, even if i just try to explore with toggle_fow the game crashes when i start moving the map towards Ukraine. Nothing different visible in the log however, i can still upload it if it might help.

@ those russian areas are somehow bugged at some point. thereīs a text issue in the magyars regions, but this bug stopīs after the magyars migrate after turn 80. best for now to avoid this area.

@the siege
    do you remember the settlement? did you lift the siege and it stayed rebel? are there special buildings inside the settlement?
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 18, 2022 at 07:47 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have noticed that, you can not even point your mouse over Russia without risking a crash early on. But that is really only instability on map

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    @ those russian areas are somehow bugged at some point. thereīs a text issue in the magyars regions, but this bug stopīs after the magyars migrate after turn 80. best for now to avoid this area.

@the siege
    do you remember the settlement? did you lift the siege and it stayed rebel? are there special buildings inside the settlement?
    Hey,

It's the "minor settlement" Stagoi in Thessaly.

I do wonder if there's any bigger issue with these forts turned settlements. I had a crash also when my diplomat tried to initiate talks with the Aghlabids in the minor settlement Licata, so maybe there's something with those going on.

I also had a crash and clear CTD in a battle between the Romans and Aghlabids, however i just avoided it next time and it went fine. Not sure what the issue was there, i know that at Tsardoms we realized that a lot of battle crashes would happen when the AI would try to "deploy stakes" in the middle of the battle. I know some units have this ability in TGC as well, so maybe it could do something with that, but i'm purely guessing.

Btw i'm also now getting a permanent CTD in turn 61-62 again on rebels turn. I'm going to try and reload earlier saves again to see if i can get past it.

ahh, the minor settlements have princess from a scriptfaction to give them names. sometime the CAI talks to them and the game will ctd. this could be the case for the diplomat crash.
    deploying stakes could be an issue with the BAI, i remember dac/tatw having issues with this. i think only some elite unit can deploy stakes in TGC, but itīs way to overpowered anyway. itīs worth trying to disable stakes at all.

@russian regions
    yes, you can move over them. the minimap can crash too. we had gigantus check this areas years ago, but he also didnīt found any bug. this kind of crash looks like a text issue, because if thereīs something missing the game crash. the question is whatīs missing, as the map is loading, but then not. itīs kind of random - even in savegames...