Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Known issues.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Know issues.

that´s most probably the children bug. there should be triggers character traits like "become a father" a.s.o.

try to reload your last savegame first.
    if it´s still crashing reload a 3turn back savegame and replay.

you can most likely bypass this issue then.

edit:
    you can upload your savegames if it´s not working.

Error during the rebels, I cannot continue my Moravia campaign. Turn 35.
    Attached Files Attached Files

can it be that the fix for the mixed up textures for the Pecheneg_King is not in the patch?
    getting older

Hi, which fix do you mean?
    i´ve doublechecked the pecheneg textures files linked in the bmdb and they are correctly present in the unit_models folder.
    pechenegs are an emergent faction and only present after turn 91.

@The Despondent Mind
    it´s the new child bug, too.
    Code:
    20:39:19.561 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Prim_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    20:39:19.561 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Stoic_AllForTheChild> fired
    20:39:19.561 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <TakingMoreCare_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    20:39:19.564 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Prim_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    20:39:19.564 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Stoic_AllForTheChild> fired
    20:39:19.568 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Prim_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    you can reload 3 turns and replay. sorry to give no better advice at the moment.
    in my last moravia campaign i played 135 turns and had two of this issue around turn 41 and turn 22.
    (the campaign gets really hard, be prepared for the magyars)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 12, 2021 at 02:13 PM.

Well if its an established known bug, I'll wait until a patch fixes it.

it´s the last one... but it´s passible by reloading.
    i´m still hoping that someone had experienced it in some other mod or had an idea for fixing it.

_Tartaros_,this is really a great mod!the issue with the pecheneg_king is that in real battles his textures are mixed up,even if his code looks fine,it is the same code for the pecheneg_heir only a different mesh,the pecheneg heir is looking very good!no texture issues(i use them too in mine private mod)but if they are a emergent faction so i guess it does not matter,as i have to start a new campaign one of these days with this great mod.

edit;running aTrait verifier in your mod,give me these errors
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Invalid Condition: "Trait Candidate1"Affects Candidate1
    Affects counter_king
    Invalid Condition: "Trait Candidate2"
    Affects Candidate2
    Affects counter_king
    Invalid Condition: "Trait Rex_Romanorum_Trait"
    Invalid Condition: "Trait counter_king"

Trying to give a trait that has not been defined or is misspelled will cause a CTD with no error message

Trying to check the value of a trait that has not been defined or is misspelled will result in a true result for the condition and will generate a script error.

===========================
    Warning! The following ancillaries have not been defined in the ancillaries section at the top of the file export_descr_ancillaries.txt and will cause RTW to crash if triggered!
    ===========================

AcquireAncillary standardbearer_roman
    AcquireAncillary nomad_master_of_archers

Trying to give an ancillary that has not been defined or is misspelled will cause a CTD with no error message
    ,even i do not known if they are the cause of some errors
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 12, 2021 at 07:39 PM.
    getting older

ahh, i see. i´ve never fought against the pecheneg king in battle, AnthoniusII may fix this for next patch. thanks for letting us know

regarding the trait errorlog.
    this is known and those triggers and traits are inactive in the build (i´ve used the same checker) - same with the ancillaries. they can´t give any issues.
    in the build are notigger files for descr_faction_standing, edct and eda to eliminate all the trigger issue from this files. the game still crashes and i´m now checking the transgression and invasion lines for error. i´m sure other mods had those issues too. maybe some modder can help to find out the reason for this kind of crash. As i said it seem to be the last issue in the build, over the last years bovi´s tool eliminated many smaller errors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Well if its an established known bug, I'll wait until a patch fixes it.
    just for doublecheck:
    can you reload turn 32 and play again? a new log+savegame of turn 35 and if possible turn 36 would be nice.

edit II:
    i´ve also found a missing dead steppe general UI, which may cause this random steppe area bug. fingers crossed this random mysterious issue is solved then.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 13, 2021 at 05:56 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I will check Pechenegs characters asap. It will be a great opportunity to fix them and make their material for strat_map models of theirs.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

_TaTaros it is known that a character without a name who gets a new trait will ctd the game too,but it is an very difficult task to see if all the names are good in this game,if the name in the descr_strat is there too in the names text file
    getting older

i´ve checked all the names with a tool regularly.
    this has been checked, but as seen with the steppe 000 picture, i´ll check this too.

we´ve combined two seperate build´s in the past 3 mounth. Anthonius build beeing the basefolder.

Hi there, everytime I try to enter custom battle I got this:"Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."..any ideas?

you most probasbly use a wrong battlemap (those have vanilla map coordinates and won´t work).
    try to scroll down and use one of the last ones in the line.

edit:
    there´s also a possibility that happens to other mods too - in this case custom battlemaps sadly won´t work at all.
    you can try this fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XThvXLM8RY
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 15, 2021 at 02:06 PM.

sadly I had tried all those maps in the bottom..the conditions remained the same..I'll go see the video

playing my let´s play campaign as the frankish empire i encountered, that the danegeldscript is kind of unfinished and had a repeating routine. just reworked this part + the malus heights in and around Krainburg and Karnburg regions.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 20, 2021 at 09:14 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My apologies. Late response. So what what happened? I've not had the opportunity to watch latest edition.

I have been thinking again about ideas sorry

Eventually I hope that the teams effort to realise such historiographical accuracy will be paid homage to in my efforts to write a pysdo historical account of the ecumenism ideal of Konstinoupolis in its heartland and in its perhererie. Just a story with pictures, but I take things far too seriously ( according to my shrink ) so it's taking rather a long time.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 25, 2021 at 02:18 AM.

it was a repeating error in the log, nothing serious - as the script want´s to respawn a already spawned character. good thing, it is causing no problem, but i fixed the script anyway in the next patch.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think medieval likes to do that or maybe I'm just loosing it
    But that seems to happen in many mods. In EB I tried to bump off the heir. Just to find him at home

So i have a big problem, each save passed 200 turns can't be load it either crashes in mid loading or a few miliseconds after starting to enter the game session.

that´s wired. do you have changed anything in the settings?

what campaign do you play?