Thread: Battle lines are messy

Icon1 Battle lines are messy

Hey just a quick observation, on the battlefield when units collide and begin combat the units continue to push into each other and mess into a big blob.
    Usually in other mods and vanilla they begin combat and maintain their cohesion but it seems in this mod it turn into a mess.
    Is this intentional or a bug? Does anyone else notice it?
    I was wondering what it could be that causes it, whether battle AI or something to do with the animation files. I would like to fix it and get the nice battle lines back if possible.

Any way love the mod and era, just hope to get the battles sorted out.

Default Re: Battle lines are messy

Well if anyone was interested I have figured out my dilemma. It was the animation file that was causing the issue. I simply replaced it with another mods animation file and now the units retain their line and the shield wall doesn't get messy and turn into a death mosh pit.
    What I noticed was that for most mods as I have a few in my list in the skeleton file under MTW2_Spear in TGC it's standalone whilst in most other mods the parent for MTW2_Spear was MTW2_Footman_Abstract
    Usually messing around with the battle_models.modeldb and it's animations causes crashes but thus far it seems to work.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Battle lines are messy

We actually want messy battles. WHEN REAL ARMIES colide their do not keep their lines for long and the battle becomes a series of personal duels.
    They may start like this:

But in 99% they will end up like this:

Or like this

Soldies were not robots to hold their position no matter what.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.