Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Known issues.

Default Re: Know issues.

Appartently the same problem i found in the eszak_bug region also occurs in the Dnyeszterfehérvár one.
    Moreover the kalbid faction leader is spawned in turn 306 near Mazzara, like you said before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

those are the magyars homeland regions. there is something in the steppe culture, magyars faction or textfiles i´ve missed so far, creating a map-scroll ctd, whenever scrolled over this regions.

working kalbids are great
    they should spawn some more time and besiege several cities in sicily. historical background changed a bit in your campaign

btw, next should be the transformation of the eastern frankish empire into the holy roman empire

During my campaign i could notice that kalbid family members spawn every turn until you kill faction leader and heir.
    Emir and his son (?) were about to occupy the whole Sicily. Luckily i was preparing some armies to conquer serbia....

yes, they are scripted like this. in conclusion, the kalbids wipe out all off sicily and conquer the island completly at some point.

for example the turcish invasion (very late in the game) is much more fluide and free to conquer whatever they like. pechenegs, kalbids and fatimids spawns are very much scripted for historical matters.
    at some point roman rebel factions will plaque your empire too

btw, your savegame was very informative for me.
    i need to reduce the massive freeupkeep, because it´s only pumping alot of cash into your coffers and make the game to easy. AI-faction look very good, concidering about 300 turns and they still form clusters of regions and hold there initial ground. i don´t know, if that´s because of inactivity or because of active strategy to hold the homelands by the campaign-AI. maybe you can give me some feedback at this point.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; April 27, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

I really appreciated the way you managed the spawn of certain faction.
    For what concern the ground held by IA faction i have to say that i got my hands on it.
    I could not stand to see pechenegs go bankrupt (mercenary mismanagement) and losing settlement due to pro-magyars riots, so i switched
    faction to restore borders and change diplomatic status.
    i've done this mainly with bulgaria, hungary and pechenegs.
    About all that money you can see in my save i have to tell that i used money cheat and i haven't built or recruited for many turns.
    You wrote about free upkeep of ERE units so i take the liberty of leaving a suggestion :
    ERE used the concession of plots to the soldier-settler to allow him to support and pay for the equipment, so why not reset the earnings deriving from the land rent and consequently adjust the maintenance cost of all the thematic units ?

Sorry for my bad english.
    If you need more explanations you can contact me with PM, no matter the time because i want to help this project.

I take the liberty of leaving a suggestionI take the liberty of leaving a suggestion

ahh, i see
    so did pechenegs had to much upkeepcosts when establishing? how many regions they get?
    i´ve implanted a moneyscript, based on EBII´s and it give´s massive bonus for small factions with one or two regions - they can easily pay for mutiple stacks.

edit:
    going to change the ownership of regions (in coding) in the steppe areas to prevent magyars respawns. also change the recruitmenttimes for better developed units

Pechenegs are far more dangerous than magyars and subtract them at least 3-4 settlements in the steppe area, usually destroying any nearby magyar/rus army.
    Magyars ofter risk destruction, mostly when in the early stages poor pechenegs settlement managment provoke pro-magyar riots and various magyars generals
    go to defend them (dying in the attempt).
    Steppe factions stop recruiting good unit and building buildings due to mercenary costs, so around turno 250 you can engage them "easily".
    Few problems with bulgaria, after bogomil revolts they focus on rebel regions in the north.
    Lombards often declares war to croatia (???).
    Emirate of Crete is very dangerous due to heavy spam of units, but around turno 280 it slows. I don't understand why.

i do not known if it can cause ctd't if some of the ancillary cards are a little bigger then other ones,in vanilla they are size 33/41 and some of here are little bigger like office-dux and the hooded-figure-ancillaries from 1 to 5,in mine little submod i notice that i had a lot of ancillaries that were bigger and so changed them all to size 33/41,but i do not known if you can make ancillaries with different sizes and not let the game sometimes ctd

i know some issues, that the game starts to look wired and then crashes.
    but anyway it should be a good idea to resize the UI

I got a persistent ctd between turn 391 and 392.
    The funny thing is that for 2 times i reloaded the turn 391 to avoid a plague and an earthquake in 2 settlements but
    from the third time it didn't work.
    The save of turn 391 hasn't been changed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

will take a look

Side effect?

Loaded, works, but my SSHIP game now displays all the names of characters on the screen. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Daerandir View Post
    Side effect?

Loaded, works, but my SSHIP game now displays all the names of characters on the screen. Any ideas on how to fix that?
    • Ctrl+T for settlement
    • Ctrl+N for characters
    • J for banners

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I also resize the characters icons into vanilla size becuase different sizes also may cause random CTDs.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

In my Croatian campaign Lombards also declared on me. Luckily I was alredy allied to Franks so Lombards cant get to me. I was very engaged against Magyars at the time.

Btw is fall of Moravia is scripted?

that´s interesting. Moravia didn´t have many scripts so far, beside the bufferregions at the beginning for the human player. they are meant to slowly melt away between Franks/HRE and magyar/hungary kingdom, as historically. there roster is not finished and kind of limited. maybe this is playing a role.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Managed to get past the Magyar invasions but now am getting a persistent CTD on turn 143, the log is below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:40:18.993 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/generic/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga
    16:40:18.993 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Games)
    16:40:18.993 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga.dds
    16:40:18.993 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Games)
    16:40:18.993 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1E4F3240,514844
    16:40:18.994 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Games)
    16:40:19.021 [bink] [debug] [mods/TGC/data/fmv/faction/placeholder.bik]Pause on
    16:40:19.021 [bink] [debug] [mods/TGC/data/fmv/faction/placeholder.bik]Pause on
    16:40:19.527 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

mhh, the log don´t say anything, beside the turn changed and the game ctd, most likely after the slave_turn end log.
    i´m not sure about this ctd. can you go two or three turns back and play again? did the ctd happen at the same turn?