Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 1.02i (4 New General Skills/ Huge Battles & Units Beta Redownload Updated 1/17)

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.97 (Updated)

Update 0.98a

• Construction times - have been slightly increased and the capital settlement building of a province now takes longer to build depending on your Imperium level, you can shorten this via Builder Skill making the Builder Career more useful.

• General Skills & Traits - such as Tactician and Strategist now give out more defensive deployables, this means that as your General progresses in Strategy so does your deployable usage while defending or ambushing.

• Armies - have been more equalized and make more sense, no more 5-6 units of Archers in one Army during later turns, Armies will produce their units based on their location on the Campaign Map, Example Eastern Factions will have more Missile Cavalry, and Spear units, with a balance of Archers. Spain is more Spear Unit and Melee Cavalry focused but balanced out with more Sword Units, Africa is more Spear/Sword Unit and Missile Cavalry focused, Europe is more Heavy Cavalry and Shock Cavalry, Sword/Spear Focused. This creates more larger army fights in the front-line for most Factions that are Spear or Infantry based, Cavalry/Missile Factions have just enough more Infantry to allow the AI to pull flanks on you.

• Factions and Kingdoms - will slowly develop their provinces as this will show a better fluent building of provinces throughout the entire map.

• Campaign Movement - when Garrisoned has been reduced, this accounts for the time it takes to gather your soldiers and move your Armies out of your settlements. (PLEASE : Re-Download the Updated 4tpy Map Movement Mod for better results)

• Religious Edict - now gives +1 Sanitation to help you with provinces that seem to be in squalor all the time, this will give you some breathing room as you can now setup the Edict then create a sanitation building in a few turns while keeping your province clean.

• Political Influence - is more important and each action requires different levels of Influence, also Offices require more Influence so make sure to pick your generals and politicians wisely.

• Hordes & Campaign Army Morale - Army morale on the campaign matters more as both Armies and Hordes are affected.
    • Hordes now have a more balanced public order/morale when settled/encamped.

• Battle System - Battles are more matched combat and maintain cinematic/chaotic fights in the middle of the clashes.

Last edited by Mugen234; January 23, 2020 at 04:30 PM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.97 (Updated)

Update 0.98c

Buildings

• Estate/Noble Buildings - now give Tax bonus instead of public order at a certain lvl, as more nobles moving into your province means the peasants and workers are taxed more to accommodate for the noble's living expenses.

• Engineer Workshops - have been redone to give better bonuses for some factions that are Siege and Technology driven. This will better diversify the experience of each Faction.
    • Jewish Community - give Sanitation bonus for the first 2 lvls then goes into agent training, this will make more diverse buildings throughout the map, do you want to introduce more of another religion to your province to reduce squalor or fight it off with your own buildings.

• Wheat Buildings - give less Squalor due to grains being less messy and cause less bacteria/disease than butchering animals.

• Sanitation - is going to be revamped with more ways for fight Squalor as your Kingdom advances.

• Garrisons - increase your province and armies within, defense against enemy agents and defense of infantry, making Garrisons a little more worth the food and Maintenance cost.
    Last edited by Mugen234; January 28, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98c (Updated)

WIP Garrison's will soon increase your province and armies within, defense against enemy agents, making Garrisons a little more worth the food and Maintenance cost.

Nice...this is needed.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98c (Updated)

Lvl 1 Imperium has been granted 2 Armies due to the Other Nobles in your Factions.

Garrisons are now updated and consist of a mixture between defense against agents and also increasing your army in the province's defense during battles. Let me know how it plays out and if it helps reduce assassinations and building sabotage everytime an agent steps foot in your province.

small suggestion : Estate/Noble Buildings should give a unit or two additional professional troops to the garrison ? (1 at lvl 1/2; 2 extra at lvl 3/4)

Nice suggestion I'll look into it, thank you for playing the submod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    small suggestion : Estate/Noble Buildings should give a unit or two additional professional troops to the garrison ? (1 at lvl 1/2; 2 extra at lvl 3/4)

What is the order of the mods?
    Your mod is not working properly, new building data or character trait is displayed, but they do not change anything in the game

Download the new Update, I did a few bugfixes. Best order of Mods is MugenMed1212 >> MugenMovement>> SkiillPoints4yr >> Other Submods (due to some mods changing up a few Campaign things I've already changed you might encounter imbalances.)
    Quote Originally Posted by pryng View Post
    What is the order of the mods?
    Your mod is not working properly, new building data or character trait is displayed, but they do not change anything in the game

Last edited by Mugen234; February 03, 2020 at 05:20 AM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98f (Updated)

Update 0.98f

• Upkeep - Increases when your Empire's Imperium grows and lowers when you garrison in a settlement, or build a fort. When an Army force marches you will be paying more upkeep to compensate for pushing your troops to their limits.

• Hordes get lower upkeep for horse units when settled, this should allow you to move more strategic around the map with your hordes.

• Armies - give a small public order boost when in province, but give a more devastating public order when garrisoned (Download the new update for MugenMovement for full effect)

• Army sizes - will vary based on the recruited population, this will not affect your manpower usage as they are just quick enlisted reserves from the outskirts of your provinces, commoners will have around 20 extra units (180 max), pikes now 40 extra units (200 max), Cavalry now 10 extra (90 max), missile and elite units stay the exact size (160 max), general units differ from (50 - 70 max) also made untrained units a little spaced out to give a nice feel to the battles.

• Building - public order has been revamped for some buildings and Agriculture public order/sanitation has been revamped based on the type of animal or farm your province grows. Pigs, Ox, Camels give more negative sanitation public order than sheep, goats, etc.

Secondary Skill Traits (WIP)

• New Secondary Skill Traits for your Primary Skills will be added for Generals and Governors. Generals will be able to customize their army more, want to build a spearwall type army, then focus on your Generals Defense Secondary Trait, want to crush your enemies with maces, axes, and swords then focus on building your Generals attack, he will then influence and spend more time honing the skills of his soldiers that match his fighting style. I will create 3 Styles for Generals, you will access it via General Trainer Primary Skill, The Sword, The Shield, The Spear.

• Added a Secondary Skill Trait to Thinker so Governors have more skills to choose from, might add more in the future such as food import managing to help the AI not have so much starving provinces.

• Zagwe can now recruit some native units such as Beja Camel Riders, Nubian Slingers, and Bukna Warband and has a few of their (T2) mid century units added in for technology upgrades.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 05, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen234 View Post
    Download the new Update, I did a few bugfixes. Best order of Mods is MugenMed1212 >> MugenMovement>> SkiillPoints4yr >> Other Submods (due to some mods changing up a few Campaign things I've already changed you might encounter imbalances.)
    New ubdate didnt help, i dont use other submods. U add more sanitation or other stuff for some buildings, but this dont work, only display. Same character trait

Okay it's really fixed now, I tested it out and you can now reduce your squalor in populated provinces with the Religion Edict and General Skills, thank you for this bug report (Re-Download the new Update) if you find any others please let me know. I'll be more thorough with these updates on my part, also the main reason for these high squalor in some provinces like Paris is due to over population, so when you manage your Empire try to remember that you can reduce a lot of the squalor by reducing your population in the province. Thank you for playing the submod and I'm glad you enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pryng View Post
    New ubdate didnt help, i dont use other submods. U add more sanitation or other stuff for some buildings, but this dont work, only display. Same character trait
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 03, 2020 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98g (Updated)

Update 0.98g

Secondary Skill Traits (WIP/Beta)

• Military and Civil Tech will be watched by your neighboring factions as some of them now will create diplomatic penalty or bonuses, most Military Advancements (Reforms, etc) will cause other nations to see that as a step towards preparing for war.

• New Secondary Skill Traits - Generals are now able to customize their army more, want to build a spearwall type army, then focus on your Generals Defense Secondary Trait, want to crush your enemies with maces, axes, and swords then focus on building your Generals attack, he will then influence and spend more time honing the skills of his soldiers that match his fighting style. There are 3 Fighting Styles for Generals, The Sword, The Shield, The Spear.

• The Sword - Will consist of making your sword, mace or axe soldiers more fatigue resistant and swift while doing more damage.

• The Shield - Will make your army, especially your Spear units more charge resistant, defense, and a little more missile block chance.

• The Spear - Will make your Spear Units do more damage but get more fatigued in battle.

• Governors now have 3 of their own Secondary Skill Traits.

(5 - 7) More Secondary Skill Traits will be added so you can have a more in-depth customization of your armies and generals.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 06, 2020 at 05:33 AM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98g (Updated)

Do scripted events like the crusade happen in the correct year with this mod?

I haven't reached there yet, still fleshing out some important parts of the campaign to make it a more strategic experience. Download this 4 year per turn mod, it has the scripted events you can add it to my mod also it will make technology 40 turns. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1977662451
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Do scripted events like the crusade happen in the correct year with this mod?

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98i (Updated)

Update 0.98i

Secondary Skill Traits

• The Cavalry Strategist - Will give your cavalry units more agility throughout the field but also can be upgraded to give your heavy cavalry some bonuses as well.

• The Siege Tactician - Is a Trait which will give more damage and range to your artillery.

Battles

• Main lines - will attack, dodge, and block more frequently as combat frequency has been tweaked.

• Battles - are much more slow pace and vary depending on your tactics and army, ex. melee infantry vs melee infantry is slower with deaths but can easily increase with outnumbering the enemy, archers can make the battles go faster but cavalry counters that, expect more cavalry to go around your armies to flank the archers as the AI will be faster in changing cavalry direction.

• Archer vs Crossbow - damage tweak, Crossbow does more decent damage early to rival longbow archer.

• Cavalry does less damage in settlement fights due to fighting in cornered spaces and alleys causing the swings of spears and lances to be less effective.

• Melee Cavalry - does more attack damage so they can keep up in combat with higher cavalry in longer battles.

• Recruitment - skill now reduces your nobles or professionals in the settlement your general is in.

• Siege damage - has been tweaked to give more realistic damage to walls and settlements.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 13, 2020 at 08:59 PM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98i (Updated)

Oh man your sub-mod is amazing, but if you could only soften the integrity a bit, its ridiculous, my armies are too fickle(just no fun in being offensive) and the ai is constantly fighting civil wars...
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 19, 2020 at 12:54 AM.

Hey, Thank You for enjoying the Submod! I'm currently working on editing battles to feel more progressive as your army grows. I'll add more foreign territory bonuses to supplies and some general skill traits to balance integrity and also helps keep the horde economy good as well. You gain 10-15 integrity fortified or garrisoned in your own regions, but you lose a lot as you travel in foreign territories passing local cities that hate your army haha. Also for the Civil Wars I plan to make it more Historical and rework the names of the rebels and pretenders to names like the Barons of England (So you have Kingdom of England vs the Barons of England) so as France you can make trade with the Barons of England and help them fight the Kingdom of England. Kingdom of France vs County of France, hopefully this will make rebels and civil wars more meaningful as it gives opportunity for new subfactions to encounter not just pretenders and rebels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Oh man your sub-mod is amazing, but if you could only soften the integrity a bit, its ridiculous, my armies are to fickle(just no fun in being offensive) and the ai is constantly fighting civil wars...
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 18, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

But the problem is that in normal stance an army in foreign teritory will bleed too much integrity, you can't even have sieges. It is really noticeable with eastern factions cause there is more space between settlements, as Mongols I have to advance incredibly slowly. Venice and any maritime power is also really hampered cause sea travel just kills integrity. And as I said the AI cannot handle it, there are constant civil wars and Pretender factions popping up.

I agree with you on that, next update you can get about +2 - 4 Integrity throughout leveling up your generals military career skills. I also lowered the Civil War rates by making it so Factions get global public order bonus the more Imperium you have from Noteworthy to Intimidating, so Noteworthy +1, Impressive +2, Inspiring +3, Intimidating +2 this will make mid game a little smoother for the player but also make AI Factions have less civil wars and rebellions until they grow just like the player. (Update the first Civil War didn't show up until 2 years Ingame (8 turns and only 1 Faction a larger faction had it).

I've noticed a lot more AI activity because of this, also I'll release the minimod for you to test out once I check and make sure it's complete, but each civil war will be against the respective Faction's secondary noble titles Infante, Nobile, Obliarchy, Archduchy, Yuvraj, etc. no more "Pretenders", Civil Wars feel fresh and diplomacy feels like you are welcoming or fighting new factions!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    But the problem is that in normal stance an army in foreign teritory will bleed too much integrity, you can't even have sieges. It is really noticeable with eastern factions cause there is more space between settlements, as Mongols I have to advance incredibly slowly. Venice and any maritime power is also really hampered cause sea travel just kills integrity. And as I said the AI cannot handle it, there are constant civil wars and Pretender factions popping up.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 19, 2020 at 06:11 AM.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hi Mugen234, i verified the cache and dl your .pack from the frontpage and just activated your mod on the steamlauncher
    when i start it, it shows me a bunch of the same roman symbols to choose the faction but no images of their leader
    and i guess its made for the grand campaign
    do i miss something... like a other .pack?
    when i get this done i like to test around a little
    thanks and take care