Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 1.02i (4 New General Skills/ Huge Battles & Units Beta Redownload Updated 1/17)

Default Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 1.02i (4 New General Skills/ Huge Battles & Units Beta Redownload Updated 1/17)

Hello Everyone, Welcome to Mugen's Medieval 1212 Roleplay Campaign Overhaul!

SteamLink : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2725706872

New Units Link : https://www.mediafire.com/file/kzf5c...nits.pack/file

(New Ver.) Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1wj7c...2529.pack/file

(Old Ver.) Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yfpd2...2529.pack/file

Campaign Features

4 turns per year
    - with a dynamic tech system following the seasons.

Campaign - has been zoomed in to see more of the provinces up close, also zoom out has been increased.

• Raiding - reduces the province's fertility via stealing and burning local village crops, this will also reduce your harvest from certain food buildings like wheat.

• Upkeep - Increases when your Empire's Imperium grows and lowers when you garrison in a settlement, or build a fort. When an Army Force Marches you will be paying more upkeep to compensate for pushing your troops to their limits.

• Hordes get lower upkeep for horse units when settled, this should allow you to move more strategic around the map with your hordes.

• Armies - give a small public order boost when in province, but give a more devastating public order when garrisoned (Download the new update for MugenMovement for full effect)

• Army sizes - will vary based on the recruited population, this will not affect your manpower usage as they are just quick enlisted reserves from the outskirts of your provinces, commoners will have around 20 extra units (180 max), pikes now 40 extra units (200 max), Cavalry now 10 extra (90 max), missile and elite units stay the exact size (160 max), general units differ from (50 - 70 max) also made untrained units a little spaced out to give a nice feel to the battles.

• Building - public order has been revamped for some buildings and Agriculture public order/sanitation has been revamped based on the type of animal or farm your province grows. Pigs, Ox, Camels give more negative sanitation public order than sheep, goats, etc.

• Military Tech - takes more time than Civil Tech, some tech take longer than others due to the importance of the technology.
    • Military and Civil Tech will be watched by your neighboring factions as some of them now will create diplomatic penalty or bonuses, most Military Advancements (Reforms, etc) will cause other nations to see that as a step towards preparing for war.

• Armies - have been more equalized and make more sense, no more 5-6 units of Archers in one Army during later turns, Armies will produce their units based on their location on the Campaign Map, Example Eastern Factions will have more Missile Cavalry, and Spear units, with a balance of Archers. Spain is more Spear Unit and Melee Cavalry focused but balanced out with more Sword Units, Africa is more Spear/Sword Unit and Missile Cavalry focused, Europe is more Heavy Cavalry and Shock Cavalry, Sword/Spear Focused. This creates more larger army fights in the front-line for most Factions that are Spear or Infantry based, Cavalry/Missile Factions have just enough more Infantry to allow the AI to pull flanks on you.

• Edicts - now give extra food or consume extra food, levying taxes, giving power to local rules, and a few other Edicts will reduce your recruitment slots by 1 or 2, this will separate provinces as each Edict makes them more unique and customizable.

- Edicts are divided into helping/creating Military Provinces or Civil Provinces, when you focus on building the civil infrastructure of your province you will now be using your recruitment pool slots, Ex. Settling Tribes means some of your soldiers will be helping a hand to your province to build it's structure, this will cost food and recruitment slots.

• Tax Rates - lower with the expanding of your nation, it is up to your Politicians, Bureaucrats, Agents, etc to help increase your tax rates, but some will not please the public doing so.

• Buildings - for Nobles now give Tax bonus, as nobles moving into your province means the peasants and workers are taxed more to accommodate for the noble's living expenses.

• Recruitment Cost -is higher now and reduces with your General's Cunning Skill, the better of a strategist and tactician you become the more you can recruit better soldiers for less of your funds, learning how to bargain and speak to people to join your cause.

• Building - construction times have been increased to go along with the 4 turns per year.
    • Wheat Buildings - give less Squalor due to grains being less messy and cause less bacteria/disease than butchering animals.

• Growth - has been re-balanced to provide a more steady-paced 4 turns per year experience, Military Edicts now reduce it, traits such as Landowner can help increase growth while Army Supplies will decrease growth. Growth will more likely rely on your nation having Peace within the province and also outside it, Wars will reduce growth as times of war made nations stagnant at times until the war was over.

Generals & Skills

General traits and skills - Have been re-balanced to give a more customizable feature to Med 1212.

• General skills - are more distinct as making your General fight battles and have more warrior like skills/traits will also mean he can't do political things in your cities as good, the more you focus on your General and Army the more he will not be able to govern your provinces and thus create turmoil in them.

• Skills & Traits - now correlate with your General's movement on the campaign map to make supplies and the wealthy move within your province, Ex. a Defender or Politician will move near your province boarders while a Warrior or General will be able to move into enemy territory faster with their armies due to less supplies.

• General Armor - and other items or traits have been redone to produce more balance, example putting Armor onto your General will now reduce enemy agent assassinations but will slow you down in battle. The heavier the armor the slower the General in battle but the more he can defend against agents. Items such as the Bible will give you blessing that adds to your reduction of assassination, the favor of religion on your side could mean life or death for your General or Leader.

Pick your Skills wisely as it will help the customization and direction of your character's career.

• Garrisoned Armies - need food to guard your towns/cities and now reduce your province's food by 25 when garrisoned, as garrisoning an Army can now lead to food shortages, public order, and attrition if you do not have enough food to begin with in that province.

• Skill points - now give 1 at the beginning then increase as you level up your general (download Skill 4 Turns Per Year Below).

• Supplies - now gives ammunition but reduces your campaign movement, sometimes cavalry movement speed, and the province's growth that army is in.

Secondary Skill Traits (WIP/Beta)

• New Secondary Skill Traits - Generals are now able to customize their army more, want to build a spearwall type army, then focus on your Generals Defense Secondary Trait, want to crush your enemies with maces, axes, and swords then focus on building your Generals attack, he will then influence and spend more time honing the skills of his soldiers that match his fighting style. There are 3 Fighting Styles for Generals, The Art of Sword, The Art of Shield, The Art of Spear.

• The Art of Sword - Will consist of making your sword, mace or axe soldiers more fatigue resistant and swift while doing more damage.

• The Art of Shield - Will make your army, especially your Spear units more charge resistant, defense, and a little more missile block chance.

• The Art of Spear - Will make your Spear Units do more damage but get more fatigued in battle.

• (Update | 0.98i) The Cavalry Strategist - Will give your cavalry units more agility throughout the field but also can be upgraded to give your heavy cavalry some bonuses as well.

• (Update | 0.98i) The Siege Tactician - Is a Trait which will give more damage and range to your artillery.

• Governors now have 3 of their own Secondary Skill Traits.

Morale & Combat

• Morale system - redone, including your generals Zeal controls the morale of your missile troops (archers, crossbows, javelins, etc). Make sure to have units next to them to prevent quick routing or shattering. More zeal gives you more resistant missile troops, creates interesting battles among generals.

• Missile Units - fight more dynamic as they can either route fast from cavalry charges or fight and hold off at least one unit for a short time.
    • Flame arrows - are a little more deadly but they will allow the enemy time to retreat without as much causalities.
    • Arrow damage - has slightly increased to make up for the distribution of missile damage bonus throughout certain skills and traits.
    • Archers - have more interesting and realistic skill leveling, for example if you focus on increasing your archer's fire rate it will decrease their ammo since they are using more ammunition. More damage focused skills reduce range and more range will reduce damage.

• Battles - more chaotic and feel more tactical as you can't rely on just hammer anvil tactics, forcing you to think more outside the box and react to your enemies.
    • Main lines will attack dodge and block more frequently as combat frequency has been tweaked.

• Cavalry does less damage in settlement fights due to fighting in cornered spaces and alleys causing the swings of spears and lances to be less effective.
    • Melee Cavalry - does more attack damage so they can keep up in combat with higher cavalry in longer battles.

• Imperium has reduced Armies in the beginning as it's increase makes factions more balanced.

• Priests will soon have more dynamic affects on army morale via skills and traits.

Agents - Politics & Skills

• Priests now spread or reduce your religion depending on their paths and what you use them to do.
    • Certain skills and traits now affect public order/sanitation in your province.

• Priest - will now learn to decrease the chance of plague breakouts throughout your province by praying and giving back to the people of the province.

• AI Agents are less overpowered, and soon will cost more to use certain abilities like Assassinate will be at least 5,000 starting.

• Political Influence - is more important and each action requires different levels of Influence, also Offices require more Influence so make sure to pick your generals and politicians wisely.

Many more features (including agent revamp) to arrive as this is just a Beta, please let me know if you find any bugs also there is a movement mod below you can add to make the pace of the game be consistent with the 4 turns per year.

Medieval Kingdoms 1212 AD (Main Mod Link: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1429109380) Make sure to download all of these .pak files as you won't be able to play the submod without the main-mod.

Place mod over all Medieval 1212 packs to work fully, most features are save compatible but for the best experience a new Campaign might be required.

Thank You Medieval Kingdoms 1212 team for an amazing mod!

Last edited by Mugen234; March 12, 2022 at 07:59 PM. Reason: New Update & Battle Enhancements, SubFaction Distinction

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.75

Hi, did your Mod compatible with Bran_MK1212_Campaign_AI and Bran_MK1212_battle_AI ???

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.75

Hey, I believe it is I'm trying it right now and haven't had problems with the Campaign AI, if anything my mod only changes a few morale edits and mostly small increases to general stats so you can technically use other battle mods to make the combat and battles to your liking, just make sure the main campaign overhaul is over all the battle mods if you like the morale system better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbl3Gum View Post
    Hi, did your Mod compatible with Bran_MK1212_Campaign_AI and Bran_MK1212_battle_AI ???

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.85

Ok Thx Mugen, i will try. But i don't understand exactly, do i must place your Campaign Overhaul before or after Bran_MK1212_Campaign_AI and Bran_MK1212_battle_AI ?

My mod only changes archer damage and morale in battles so if you like a battle mod's changes to those better then put the battle mod after the Campaign overhaul, but if you like the Campaign overhaul battle morale changes and missile damage then put it after the battle mods. Any way should be fine as it shouldn't alter too much of the files to cause any problems, if you don't see none of the features then try readjusting the mod placement until you do.

Ok, so i just tried with Milan with all 3 Mod enable ..... And some features of your mod seems to work but some other thing like "Imperium has reduced Armies in the beginning as it's increase makes factions more balanced." not working.
    I tried with your mod above
    and after Bran_MK1212_Campaign_AI and this features don't work.

The Army level for Imperium should go as this; Lvl 1 - 1 Army, Lvl 2 - 3 Armies, Lvl 3 - 4 Armies, Lvl 4 -6 Armies, etc. Some factions have coded in armies so you might get an extra army or two, think of it as your generals using their own personal funds for their own personal body guards/army not the faction's. The file I changed for Imperium isn't touched by the Campaign AI so it might be another mod you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbl3Gum View Post
    Ok, so i just tried with Milan with all 3 Mod enable ..... And some features of your mod seems to work but some other thing like "Imperium has reduced Armies in the beginning as it's increase makes factions more balanced." not working.
    I tried with your mod above
    and after Bran_MK1212_Campaign_AI and this features don't work.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.92 (Updated)

I'm not using another Mod. The Vanilla MK 1212 Mod Allow you to have 4 Army at 1st Imperium. And yes with your Mod only 1 Army at 1st imperium.

I tried your Mod in different way and order:

1. Mugen's Medieval 1212 Mod
    2.Bran MK1212 Campaign AI
    3. Bran MK1212 Battle AI
    Imperium Army not working i can have 4 Army with lvl 1 Imperium but but features liky food shortage, new edict ....... work perfectly.

1.Bran MK1212 Campaign AI
    2.Bran MK1212 Battle AI
    3.Mugen's Medieval 1212 Mod
    Same thing imperium army not working i can have 4 Army with lvl 1 Imperium but features liky food shortage, new edict ....... work perfectly.

And Last i just tried with your Mugen's Medieval 1212 Mod enable, (Bran MK1212 Campaign AI and Bran MK1212 Battle AI DISABLE) and everything working.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.92 (Updated)

I have 2 more armies per fame level from the vanilla mod that is why the Imperium effect in his mod does not work. To make unit mods not counter act each other I recommend changing unit stats with campaign difficulties tables.

Oh okay, the Battle AI must have the Imperium change in it That's why I was puzzled because I'm only using the Bran Campaign AI mod also my only changes to units are in kv_morales table. The problem is the Imperium changes in the Fame_Level table are on both mods, Bran has his Imperium changes in the Battle AI mod, while mine is in the Campaign Overhaul. The two Imperium Level changes cannot function together, you'd probably have to play it without the Battle AI mod if you want the lowered Imperium. Try it out and see how you like it with and without the Battle Mod, but I do like the combination of the Campaign Mods. I'll try to make my mod more compatible with others in the mean time.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Muge234- I do not have the Fame table in my Battle Ai. I have it in the Campaign Ai

Are you going to make a steam version?

Haha that's weird cause I have the campaign ai and it says no conflicts with my mod and I retain the Lvl 1 - 1 Army, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Muge234- I do not have the Fame table in my Battle Ai. I have it in the Campaign Ai

Working on that, I wanted to get it a little more fleshed out though. Do you have any gameplay feedback? This new update I'm working on will add more construction time and also slow growth of provinces by certain edicts and general traits like supplies will give replenishment to your armies but will also take growth from your province along with making your armies a little slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Are you going to make a steam version?

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.97 (Updated)

Update - 0.97

• Building - construction times have been increased to go along with the 4 turns per year.

• Military Careers will give your Generals and Armies better performance on the battlefield, Civil/Political Careers will have effects on your Armies like slower battle movement due to the Politicians being Thinkers and thus taking more time to give/relay orders to the troops. This will make General vs Political battles way more noticeable in terms of your character's skills and traits.

• Growth - has been re-balanced to provide a more steady-paced 4 turns per year experience, Military Edicts now reduce it, traits such as Landowner can help increase growth while Army Supplies will decrease growth. Growth will more likely rely on your nation having Peace within the province and also outside it, Wars will reduce growth as times of war made nations stagnant at times until the war was over.

• Political Power - is more important as the more powerful your faction the more you can raise taxes but the less loyalty people have for you.

Thank you for 200 + downloads, I'm glad you all are enjoying the mod please keep the feedback going as I will do my best to accommodate and implement your ideas as well!

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.97 (Updated)

Hey just out of curiosity, did you edit the main_units or land_units tables?

Hey nope, I haven't edited those yet I left it cause I plan to in later updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    Hey just out of curiosity, did you edit the main_units or land_units tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen234 View Post
    Working on that, I wanted to get it a little more fleshed out though. Do you have any gameplay feedback? This new update I'm working on will add more construction time and also slow growth of provinces by certain edicts and general traits like supplies will give replenishment to your armies but will also take growth from your province along with making your armies a little slower.
    Will check it out and feedback when i start a new Campaign. Reduced Army movement also springs to mind, if not in already!

If I update new version of this submob, will it be affect my savegame files? does it save game compatible? And by the way, thank you for your submob, it is very good!

The Updates should all be save compatible, once I get into unit edits like different unit sizes for pikes and halberds then it might not be but for now it is save compatible. Thank you, I'm glad you love it. I'll make sure to keep updating it to make the campaign and battles more strategic, versatile, and challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAlves View Post
    If I update new version of this submob, will it be affect my savegame files? does it save game compatible? And by the way, thank you for your submob, it is very good!

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast