Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 1.02i (4 New General Skills/ Huge Battles & Units Beta Redownload Updated 1/17)

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98i (Updated)

Hey Zaar, try turning Portrait Graphic Setting from 2D to 3D and redownload the new update tell me what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Hi Mugen234, i verified the cache and dl your .pack from the frontpage and just activated your mod on the steamlauncher
    when i start it, it shows me a bunch of the same roman symbols to choose the faction but no images of their leader
    and i guess its made for the grand campaign
    do i miss something... like a other .pack?
    when i get this done i like to test around a little
    thanks and take care

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98j (Updated)

Update 0.98j

• AI Kingdoms - now do better as their public order progresses slowly but also is balanced by Imperium bonuses to public order for certain levels, making the growth and expansion of AI Factions fun to watch on the map. Civil Wars, Bandits & Rebellions are much slower to rise for AI Factions making stronger Kingdoms.

• Small bugfixes to some buildings and traits, ex. Jewish Sanitation fixed.

• Secondary Skill Traits - now have full names and descriptions.

Sub-Factions and Civil Wars

• Kingdom Civil Wars - now have meaning as you will have to fight the Barons, Vicomte, Infante, Oligarchy, Rais, Arch-duchy, and Bandits & Rebellion making the difference of your people's rebellions and other noble families creating civil war.

• War Weariness (WIP) is being revamped to give things like less ammunition, weaker attack or defense, and other factions liking you the more your people want peace. These will all be stretched through 10% 20% 30% etc making warweariness go from public order, to refusal to send supplies and ammunition from nearby provinces. (Inspired by @gman129)

Battles

• have been tweaked to give a notice between experienced and non experienced generals and soldiers.

• Minor bug fixes and tweaks to make charges and certain animations more realistic, infantry won't go flying into their own from enemy knockbacks, this creates a more real feeling in the middle of the fights, I wanted to give players time to enjoy the fights but also remember they have to pay attention to the entire battle field.

Last edited by Mugen234; February 22, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98j (Updated)

Thanks for quick response
    i gave it a try but it doesn´t work
    is your mod a standalone or do i have to add other .packs ? it might have to do something with that

Oh okay, it's a submod to the mainmod Medieval Kingdoms 1212 AD (Link: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1429109380) download these files everything in the required section, do you have a screenshot or the list of mods on?

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

so, i installed all 9 packs from MK1212...this is wonderful
    and on top your .pack
    well, right at the beginning i zoomed in a little (way too close) and the game stopped responding.... so i had to restart the Computer
    that happened with different faction
    in your notes i saw that you implemented this.... any chance to turn this off?

Will it be possible for a sub-mod to implement mercenaries or do we have to wait for the main mod to do that?

rajicb's Avatar Laetus

Is this the Plague Total War mod? I got a nice empire , and than i got the "forever Plague". 15 Turns all my city's have plague and all my armies are dying. I upgraded the buildings for sanitation from start... but its not working.

Save then try a new campaign, I went 100 turns and got one plague in my Zagwe campaign. I made plagues more realist in the submod, they aren't as frequent but when they are they can last for some years, if you want to have campaigns with most European Kingdoms, start off with using the religious tolerance edict, then build and reconstruct your buildings to fix the sanitation of your population first before you do anything, then once your sanitation is good through governor skills, remove the sanitation buildings. If you've had the submod for a while it might be good to restart a new campaign as you might be still using older plague calculations causing you to have more plagues like the older versions. Priest can also reduce disease outbreaks, I plan to make things like hospitals and certain civil tech reduce the outbreak of plagues spreading to other Provinces as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicb View Post
    Is this the Plague Total War mod? I got a nice empire , and than i got the "forever Plague". 15 Turns all my city's have plague and all my armies are dying. I upgraded the buildings for sanitation from start... but its not working.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 22, 2020 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks for letting me know, glad you enjoy it! I'll make you and others who have this issue a separate minimod with the regular campaign zooms
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    so, i installed all 9 packs from MK1212...this is wonderful
    and on top your .pack
    well, right at the beginning i zoomed in a little (way too close) and the game stopped responding.... so i had to restart the Computer
    that happened with different faction
    in your notes i saw that you implemented this.... any chance to turn this off?

I have a few more things to add:

- Why is there no option to "subjugate" other factions? Is that the main mod quirk? I just find it hard to create any vassals.

- In my current Almohad campaign,Spanish factions have terrible army composition, only slingers and pikemen. I have no army composition mods.

I'll check on the subjugate option but you can delegate a province to the original kingdom, it just shows up on your left lower UI with a eagle icon, only for certain cities though. Thanks for the Spanish kingdoms bug I'll work on that in a few. What do you think about less archers and missile only 4-5 max in garrisoned settlements? I wanted to add at least 1-2 additional infantry units to garrisons to make siege battle a little more intense. Also I'm thinking of making majority of Africa's secondary kingdoms, more Africans so that way it resembles the time of civil war between some Arab Muslims and Africans. If they take over it can probably become the new northwestern African kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I have a few more things to add:

- Why is there no option to "subjugate" other factions? Is that the main mod quirk? I just find it hard to create any vassals.

- In my current Almohad campaign,Spanish factions have terrible army composition, only slingers and pikemen. I have no army composition mods.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 22, 2020 at 09:27 PM.

Also mercenaries can be added they just aren't in the province arrays, I still need to study more on the different mix of people at each parts of the world, like Europe due to the mass migration of Moorish and Jewish Cultures traveling from Africa into Spain then into Europe. I want to make it so mercenaries are rare but the closer you get to main civilization the more stronger mercenaries you will acquire, like major provinces will bring you heavy mercenaries, small outskirted provinces should bring you light/medium mercs.
    Will it be possible for a sub-mod to implement mercenaries or do we have to wait for the main mod to do that?
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 23, 2020 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen234 View Post
    I'll check on the subjugate option but you can delegate a province to the original kingdom, it just shows up on your left lower UI with a eagle icon, only for certain cities though. Thanks for the Spanish kingdoms bug I'll work on that in a few. What do you think about less archers and missile only 4-5 max in garrisoned settlements? I wanted to add at least 1-2 additional infantry units to garrisons to make siege battle a little more intense. Also I'm thinking of making majority of Africa's secondary kingdoms, more Africans so that way it resembles the time of civil war between some Arab Muslims and Africans. If they take over it can probably become the new northwestern African kingdom.
    I forgot about the eagle option, thanks for the reminder. Thing about increasing garrisons from my experience is that on one hand yes its cool cause it slows down expansion, but on the other hand the only battles I get into are titanic 2x2 or 3x3 cause I or the AI do not attack without at least two stacks, since a garrison with a relief army is huge force.

Also please, help out poor France, they are getting stomped every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen234 View Post
    Also mercenaries can be added they just aren't in the province arrays, I still need to study more on the different mix of people at each parts of the world, like Europe due to the mass migration of Moorish and Jewish Cultures traveling from Africa into Spain then into Europe. I want to make it so mercenaries are rare but the closer you get to main civilization the more stronger mercenaries you will acquire, like major provinces will bring you heavy mercenaries, small outskirted provinces should bring you light/medium mercs.
    That sounds awesome!

well not necessarily increase the amount of units just the types, so some factions have like 11 units garrisoned but 5-7 of them are missile units when you get to like lvl 2 buildings and lvl 2 garrisons and up. I think a good portion of those missile units 2-3 can be changed into peasant melee and spear units, and I will increase settlement watch tower damage just a little to make up for the 2-3 missile units I take away.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 23, 2020 at 06:05 AM.

Okay I have still mixed feelings about integrity. As Genoa I almost my heir with no negative traits cannot be in open stance in his own territory, cause he is on the negative with integrity, I think that is ridiculous, the province has a large surplus of food and sanitation. Power is at "assertive", yet he still has a huge minus form something called "faction", he and all the other generals, and sometimes(but not now) I see some "politics" minus in my integrity, which confuses me since nothing is happening, there is no civil war, power is at a good level and my general is loyal.

Not to mention these maritime factions are particularly badly affected by integrity, they cannot do what they historically did, as the nomadic factions cause they have large treks of land to cross which at these integrity penalties is too difficult.

Perfect examples: An army cannot reach Balearic islands from Corsica, besiege the settlement and attack, not possible with the current integrity. And don't even think about the joining the Crusade, unfeasible to even reach Egypt.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; February 24, 2020 at 10:49 AM.

Integrity during open stance or traversing around, meaning your soldiers are kind of disorganized as an army sometimes going to local minor cities causing trouble, gambling, brothels, all that fun army stuff so it gives a natural -2 Integrity to your army, I have to change it to military presence. (I forgot also you downloaded the movement minimod, that had a better integrity balance for armies.)

Also what level is you're Heir as the skill level and offices are more important, I'll also make zealot give a +2 Integrity anywhere, and +3 Integrity in Enemy Territory. I plan to make maritime factions do more dock attacks and travel through the sea more for better integrity. I'm giving Genoa VH campaign a try but in general when you are traversing your army will be active in your province, you don't really stand there for 4 months to a year unless you build a fort and collect all your soldiers in one place, it also goes well with hordes so they can settle down more and maintain an economy and presence through the map.

Fortifying was important as it is just like settling for hordes, it's your generals struggle for your army, keeping them organized, and disciplined doing less trouble to your province. I also did it because it makes army AI fortify more just before they attack to rally their solider's morale/integrity, or go for the risky raid to boost their integrity back up, you will have to work with more stances and can't just leave your army. I'll make it less harsh next update though to make it so more seasoned armies can travel better through the world.

Okay I have still mixed feelings about integrity. As Genoa I almost my heir with no negative traits cannot be in open stance in his own territory, cause he is on the negative with integrity, I think that is ridiculous, the province has a large surplus of food and sanitation. Power is at "assertive", yet he still has a huge minus form something called "faction", he and all the other generals, and sometimes(but not now) I see some "politics" minus in my integrity, which confuses me since nothing is happening, there is no civil war, power is at a good level and my general is loyal.

Not to mention these maritime factions are particularly badly affected by integrity, they cannot do what they historically did, as the nomadic factions cause they have large treks of land to cross which at these integrity penalties is too difficult.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 24, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

Total War cannot represent reality to its fullest, but I think the army in open stance is perfectly fine to have integrity at least on the 0 in your own territory, just suspend your disbelief that they are in a normal camp, but if you want to go realism I am confident that soldiers not fortified will not cause every time an entire civil war in the kingdom, even by the leadership by an mediocre general. Also my steppe armies in the game literally move slower than the real ones, it took Mongols a few months to subdue huge chunks of Russia, there is no way I could repeat that even closely. Or as I mentioned a Crusade is not possible to do, I'm not even sure about an English army traveling from England to Bordeaux, even if they make it they would have to be fortified for a bunch of turns to recover the integrity.

Integrity system was obviously a half-baked feature made by CA to represent the fickleness of late Roman armies and generals, but I think its just too crude for most of other factions and mods. I still think it can have its place but not at this Draconian level in this otherwise amazing sub-mod.

Okay, so thoughts on a +1 or +2 Integrity when in own territory when traversing instead? Also think about it this way, being fortified is how your general keeps his armies from being bribed into civil wars from other rich nobles in your kingdom. Keep your soldiers together, you keep spies from killing your general and also other nobles from bribing your soldiers into civil war.

Hordes movement will be revamped, I just haven't played horde factions yet. I think Mongols probably forced marched their way to subdue Russia, but I will probably give Mongols and other horse driven nomads their own faction movement increase so it will make nomad Kingdoms who move on foot or boat not end up too far out around the map like nomads who move on horses.

Navy/Maritime factions will play more important roles in seas, raiding and blockades will be more frequent from maritime kingdoms, due to the lack of navy units maritime will not function to it's best, I will revamp it to function better.

I re-updated the Movement Minimod just now, Navy factions can now get integrity from patrols, blockades, and raids.

And remember this is still Beta, there are more functions I want to revamp and look at, thanks for the help with giving notices to bugs needed to be fixed or balancing the campaign.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 24, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks for considering my input, thing about hordes and eastern factions is that there are large spaces between settlements so you just moving your armies causes great bleeding in integrity for absolutely nothing.

I think the political structure plays a part in that as well, I'll make it so when you are a normal Kingdom the more political you get the less integrity your army has thus leading to civil war when you are a tyrant in the political field instead of when you a politically weak. Nomads and Hordes they will get more integrity bonus from having political in-fights for control of where the horde goes.

Also I fixed France by replacing each 2 of their garrisoned archers with 1 spear - lvl 1, 2 spears - lvl 2, 1 spear/1 sergeant - lvl 3, 2 sergeants - lvl 4 as they develop their provinces, I'm still testing it but this should give them more of a fighting chase when under siege, then I was also thinking of making their barracks reduce their cavalry upkeep so they can field more units with more money in treasury that or give them an attack bonus vs raiding.
    Thanks for considering my input, thing about hordes and eastern factions is that there are large spaces between settlements so you just moving your armies causes great bleeding in integrity for absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Mugen234; February 24, 2020 at 02:51 PM.