View Poll Results: Cast your vote

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battles - Manual battles

2 20.00%
  • Battles - I would actually prefer autoresolved battles (but manual allowed against AI)

6 60.00%
  • Era - Late era

3 30.00%
  • Era - Early era

6 60.00%
  • Rules - Keep the rules

6 60.00%
  • Rules - Lets have less rules (more freedom)

0 0%
  • No Diplomacy (=Deathmatch)

0 0%
  • Diplomacy allowed

6 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] It is better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [SS 6.4] It is better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life

It is better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life

Stainless Steel 6.4 - AR battles hotseat

Early era campaign

You are not allowed to take any settlement outside of the red line.
    Borders in Russia: Everything east of Caffa, Oleshe, Kiev, Smolenks and Novgorod is out of bounds.
    And as you can see, Constantinopole, Rhodes, Nicosia and Iraklion can be taken. Everything else in Africa and Asia is out of bounds.

The mod and installation:
    - You need to install SS 6.4.
    - Important: To make the save work, in your SS setup you need to pick: Savage AI, Disable Real Recruitment, Permanent arrows and Permanent watchtowers

Factions:
    - I would prefer if this HS had players only in Europe, to allow for better speed.
    - Factions that will not be taken will be turned AI, left to conquer for others.

Faction - players's TWC account (player's discord account)
    Sicily - REDBOOSTY
    France - DrMac

Holy Roman Empire - sheep_whisperer
    Portugal - Redstar
    (Redstar#2175)
    Hungary - Ysgramor
    (Ysgramor#4068)
    Norway - Tulkashthevaliant(Tulkas#6241)
    Scottland - yourstotalwarmaster
    (yourtotalwarmaster#2696)

( Aragon - DEAD Speeda325(Ze_Young_Kestrel#8810) )
    ( Poland - DEAD - Danius_98 (Danius_98#6989) )
    Lithuania - AI

ADMIN:

zender9
    (zenderX#5691)

Co-ADMIN:
    Jadli
    (JADLICZ#6083)

Rules

- Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if needed ONLY If you ask for them. If you are late you will be skipped. After 24 hs with no response you will be skipped.You can come back and upload your turn but ONLY If the next player hasn't played his turn by then. It is adviced to get a subber, this subber may be from both inside or outside the game. He can know your PW and plans so he can sub you if you cant make it.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed. F.e. movement bug, naval attack spam, merchant stack/fort, agent stomping, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, spies spreading plague.. etc
    - Exploiting AI factions is not allowed ( demanding money, regions or anything else to improve your position)
    - List of known bugs
    The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.
    There can be only 1 winner, an alliance can not win the game togheter. They must nominate 1 player as victor. But diplomacy is of course allowed.

Military rules
    -No one turn peace(tho you cant attack factions that havent played their turn yet)
    - No Jihad or Crusades allowed.
    -
    All battles against other player must be autoresolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Battles against AI/rebels can be played manually
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in fortifications (fort/settlement) when defeated are excluded from this rule.

- You are not allowed to post a defeat.
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port. Ports cant be blockaded by ground units
    - You are not allowed to construct watch towers. This is to prevent blocking the possible construction of forts.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement/fort to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 2 forts per region/per player, at least 4 units required to be stationed at each fort.
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement/fort.
    -catapults can assault only basic wooden walls/stone walls/castles,
    -trebuchets can also assault large/huge stone walls and fortresses/citadels.
    -Mangonels are not allowed to assault stone walls but are allowed to assault wooden walls.

Agent rules
    -Spies need 60% to infiltrate a settlement, 2 spies needed to open the gates. The percentage is required at the moment of infiltration. If later in the turn the spy wouldnt be able to archieve the percentage (for example because of retreating general), it doesnt matter.
    - Limit of 3 assassins per faction. +1 Assassin for every 20 regions you control.

- Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members (including princessess) or generals. Assassins need at least 50% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins just 30% is required.
    - Princesses are not allowed to steal Family Members. They may steal general with 35%.
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn.

Settlement rules

-In order to Destroy any buildings you must have held control of the settlement for at least 3 turns.
    - You may not destroy a building if the settlement is under siege or an overwhelming enemy force is 1 turn away.
    - You are allowed to destroy Temples immediately.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    -Whenever a settlement is gifted, disband all but 1 unit.
    Last edited by Jadli; December 02, 2021 at 01:23 PM.

Default Re: [Hotseat Proposal - SS 6.4] It's better to be a lion for a day... - Manual battle hotseat

Id like to be Aragon. was thinking originally of Genoa

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Hotseat Proposal - SS 6.4] It's better to be a lion for a day... - Manual battle hotseat

All yours

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

I will take ERE

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I'll take no faction.

the best faction

Maybe we make this smaller so it can start sooner? Cut out 3 factions and have it 6 player?

Gaming Emeritus

Yes, I dont expect all factions to be filled, its just the ones you can pick from. Minimun is 3 players, which we have. I have one at least one more guy from discord who will join, so we will have four players (or more). We will start in a few days

Ill also see about the poll

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post
    I'll take no faction.
    You meant norway?
    Last edited by Jadli; February 04, 2020 at 09:52 AM.

Depending on the factions picked, we might want to reduce the map size...someone surrounded by AI might have a bit of an advantage :p

If we do, I will take the HRE or England (since ERE is at the corner of the map).
    Last edited by kolu2210; February 04, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I meant no faction was just joking around.

In all seriousness I'll take Hungary

bagsy poland

was the my third option

Gaming Emeritus

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I’d like to play as Teutonic Order.

Is England not available or am I not seeing somethinf?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Yo, ill take whatever is left!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    Depending on the factions picked, we might want to reduce the map size...someone surrounded by AI might have a bit of an advantage :p

If we do, I will take the HRE or England (since ERE is at the corner of the map).
    I think the size of the map can stay, as we now have relatively lot of players. My idea is to have one player in each corner of the Europe, which seems to go well. And that is goin gto happen, perhaps it would be best to leave HRE vacant, so everyone can try to take a small piece for himself. But if you still want HRE, sure, up to you . If you didnt want ERE, we coudl it all away, and leave Balcan rebel. If do want it, we could just remove the furtheest eastern settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I’d like to play as Teutonic Order.

Is England not available or am I not seeing somethinf?
    Welcome to the community. TO is all yours
    England is theoretically availible, but I would prefer a player per each area with cca 1 AI faction around (Scotland already has a player)

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Yo, ill take whatever is left!
    Welcome back old friend!

Well, if I may suggest, you could take either something in Scandinavia, or something in Italy, to fill the circle.

We are starting very soon

Also, is someone hasnt voted yet, now its good time. For now it seems that we will have AR battles, Early Era, the rules in the OP and diplomacy allowed
    Last edited by Jadli; February 19, 2020 at 05:41 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

- You are not allowed to post a defeat
    Isn’t this rule a bit redundant?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Isn’t this rule a bit redundant?
    In some hotseats some people were using getting defeated as a tactic. They were for example sending a unit by unit against enemy and in the end won a battle they would have never been able to win, which happens due to the fact, that an attacker always has a small bonus in AR.

The rule means you cant loose a battle, not that you can actually loose a battle and be forbidden to post it... I suppse the rule should rewritten to be more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Welcome back old friend!

Well, if I may suggest, you could take either something in Scandinavia, or something in Italy, to fill the circle.
    Aye it is good to be back! Looked like the HS community could use some players.

Norway/Genoa/Venice/Sicily all seem great to me, just pick me whatever seems best to you!

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, I think in the current state I will have you for Sicily, unless somebody interestes in playing shows up today. Scandinavia can be taken fast by neighboring factions...

Just waiting on kolu on the ERE/HRE thing, and then we can start!
    Last edited by Jadli; February 19, 2020 at 08:58 AM.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast