Thread: How to allow construction of all buildings for all factions?

Default How to allow construction of all buildings for all factions?

I want to allow all Factions in vanilla RTW build all buildings.
    Specifically:

1. Barbarians should be able to build max size cities and associated buildings, any buildings that don't have textures can be used from other factions such as max level walls and temples. BI already has stone walls, government buildings, health, barracks, and etc. for barbarians that I need to use in RTW.

2. Allow eastern factions to build Sassanid highways (level 3 roads) and use their texture. (It doesn't have to be Sassanid texture, Roman highways will work too I just don't know how to do it.)

3. Add level higher levels of temples for non playable eastern factions such as Pontus and Armenia using Parthian/Sassanid high level temples for texture.

Maybe some more specifics I am missing but you should get what I want to do.

How do I go about doing this? My max experience is changing unit texture and their card. I found a guide how to port BI buildings to RTW (not only descriptions but also textures and battle map structures) specifically for barbarians. Yet I am completely lost and file provided is missing.

Guide:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-and-the-Like

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: How to allow construction of all buildings for all factions?

Thread moved from the Tutorials on Text editing subforum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: How to allow construction of all buildings for all factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaster View Post
    I want to allow all Factions in vanilla RTW build all buildings.
    Specifically:

1. Barbarians should be able to build max size cities and associated buildings, any buildings that don't have textures can be used from other factions such as max level walls and temples. BI already has stone walls, government buildings, health, barracks, and etc. for barbarians that I need to use in RTW.

2. Allow eastern factions to build Sassanid highways (level 3 roads) and use their texture. (It doesn't have to be Sassanid texture, Roman highways will work too I just don't know how to do it.)

3. Add level higher levels of temples for non playable eastern factions such as Pontus and Armenia using Parthian/Sassanid high level temples for texture.

Maybe some more specifics I am missing but you should get what I want to do.

How do I go about doing this? My max experience is changing unit texture and their card. I found a guide how to port BI buildings to RTW (not only descriptions but also textures and battle map structures) specifically for barbarians. Yet I am completely lost and file provided is missing.

Guide:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-and-the-Like
    That's easy to change that and all you need to do is to open the export_descr_buildings.txt file in either Notepad or Notepad ++ (recommended) and edit it like this.

Code:
    building hinterland_roads
    {
        levels roads paved_roads highways 
        {
            roads requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    road_level 0
                }
                construction  1 
                cost  400 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    paved_roads
                }
            }
            paved_roads requires factions { carthaginian, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    road_level 1
                }
                construction  3 
                cost  1200 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                    highways
                }
            }
            highways requires factions { roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    road_level 2
                }
                construction  4 
                cost  2400 
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    The last section, highways, requires the Romans and if you look how it is done in the paved roads section then it shouldn't be too difficult to enable highways for the Parthians (I assume you mean the Parthians since the Sassanids are only present in BI and not in the Roman campaign).

Anyway, this is what you need to do.

Code:
            highways requires factions { roman, } 

highways requires factions { parthia, roman, }
    But remember. Before you start to edit a file(s) always make sure to archive the original file in vanilla first, otherwise you might need to reinstall the game if your editing doesn't work.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.