Thread: Swapping Settlements

Default Swapping Settlements

I couldn't find an answer anywhere (at least not one that I could understand) so I'm writing this thread to ask for help.

I want to change the settlement of a faction, let's say Isengard, for a standard settlement of another faction (like Rohan, Gondor, Dale) but I don't know how. Is there any easy way to do so? I've tried swapping the files in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\data\settlements) folder but the only thing I've managed to get was Cair Andros as the new settlement.

By the way I'm talking about Vanilla TATW 3.2

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Swapping Settlements

Go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt and find Nan-Curunir_Province;
    in that entry change the faction in the faction_creator line to milan, sicily or scotland (which mean Rohan, Gondor or Dale).

Oh my sorry for the late reply. I've refreshed the page everyday but your reply only appeared once I logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt and find Nan-Curunir_Province;
    in that entry change the faction in the faction_creator line to milan, sicily or scotland (which mean Rohan, Gondor or Dale).
    I've done it but it didn't work, would this change affect only the starting settlement or every subsequent upgrade made to it? I didn't mean to change the Isengard settlement, rather all of Isengard's (the faction) settlements to the ones used by a different faction; sorry for not being clear.

What I want is to change how the settlements look during a battle (and that they do not revert to their original culture once you upgrade the walls). Is it possible?

No problem!

No it wouldn't affect upgrades. What you might want to do might be a more difficult thing. Maybe if you delete in every folder of data/settlements/east_european/settlements/ and data/settlements/north_european/settlements/castles all the "whatever"_isengard.worldpkgdesc files, you would get medieval settlements instead.

Believe it or not, I've deleted every single orc_large_city_ne_isengard.worldpkgdesc from both North_European and East_European and I'm still getting the same settlement! Even deleted the OOMM, Mordor and OOG to see if it would change anything and nothing.
    I've also tried deleting both folders entirely but then the game just crashes while loading the battle.

I meant this for upgrading normal settlements.

But I tried this in my game:
    I changed the entry from denmark to sicily and got Osgiliath on the battle map instead of Isengard. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.

I meant this for upgrading normal settlements.
    Well I've only tested with the already upgraded Isengard Large City (is the only save I have), since you cannot select some custom culture settlements in custom battles. So the change would take effect once I upgrade the settlement again?

But I tried this in my game:

I changed the entry from denmark to sicily and got Osgiliath on the battle map instead of Isengard. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.
    The problem is, that it will only affect that specific settlement at the start of the campaign. as soon it is upgraded it will change back; this isn't the case about the unique settlements in the game but for normal custom settlements that each culture has.
    Also I'd have to do it to every single settlement that belongs to Isengard and it wouldn't affect those captured later like Gineard or Talsir for example.

I'm trying to change the normal settlements, as I said I only managed to get Cair Andros in the Large City save I'm talking about. I want to replace the normal settlements of the melkor culture for example with normal settlements from another culture.

After some more digging I've found the elf city files and they're working, replacing the orc settlement for the elf one. The Aztec (Cair Andros) and the Elf_city/Elf_large_city are the only files I've found however that have the same amount of files to match east_european files. I believe the "a.world" file is the actual file that changes the settlement's appearance; didn't touch any of the ".worldpkgdesc" files in the folder and still managed to get the Elf_large_city.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...es)&highlight=
    I believe this thread is what I'm looking for, unfortunately it seems too technical for me to pull it off.