Thread: Trying to fix the Hull Strength Bonus

Default Trying to fix the Hull Strength Bonus

Hello! In my attempt to fix many bugs not yet addressed I have stumbled upon the Hull Strength Bonus bug. Essentially the bonus offered by the Carpenter building does not work.

I already checked the effect's scope, the assigned unit_set (naval_all), the bonus_value_id (ship_health_mod), even the campaign_unit_stats_bonuses_tables table and they all look ok.

I have suspicions about the bonus_value_id "ship_health_mod" may not be working properly or something wrong with the upgrade system, like missing info and icons.

Where can I find the tables that define the bonus_value_ids and tables with info on the unit upgrades (weapon, shield, armour, horse and hull)? Information like the icon on the unit card etc. Because if the hull strength upgrade is missing then I am going to create the missing information, even import the icons from Rome 2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Trying to fix the Hull Strength Bonus

After a testing campaign with Jutes i realised something. There is an army tradition for barbarians providing Hull strength bonus. It's exactly the same effect as the one provided by the Carpenter building: "att_effect_force_navy_battle_hull_armour"

The effect scope for the army tradition is of course different (applies to the specific force)
    The effect scope of the hull bonus effect of the Carpenter building is "building_to_sea_region_own"

But for some reason it is not applied. So I believe it is confirmed that the effect exists and works.What effect scope may work properly?

Fixed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hull (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	360437

Notice the hull icon

I had to create new effect (and localisation, in order to have description in the building) and had to actually guess what the correct bonus_value_id is. The problem was that the bugged effect is supposed to be a continuous effect applied to a navy by a character or tradition, while the new one I found is a permanent upgrade like the weapons, armour, shields, horses etc

Now I need to find a good effect_scope (building_to_sea_region_own applies the effect ONLY if the building is built in a port city, which makes sense but may be too restricting for the player) and choose if the level 3 will be 20% bonus (as was intended with the bugged effect) or 15% as are the other equipment upgrades.

Howdy,
    VERY late reply sorry, I don't mean to necro the sub...
    Just found the thread, and got excited, then spend 10 minutes looking for your epic mod
    Thought I should do it justice and link it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...h&section=home

Plus your collection of fixes (Including Hull Strength)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...h&section=home