Thread: Strange campaign map textures with new laptop

Icon5 Strange campaign map textures with new laptop

Hi all!

As the title says and you can see in the attached image, since I changed my laptop I get these horrible textures on the campaign map. Now I got an nvidia gtx 1660 ti as dedicated graphics, and an intel 630 as integrated graphics. I tried to change all video options, changing graphic processor, changing nvidia options but no avail. I run RTW on Windows 10, but also on my old laptop and did not have these kind of issues.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/g3va2...za%20nome.png#
    Last edited by Spartan 666; January 09, 2020 at 09:49 AM.

Default Re: Strange campaign map textures with new laptop

I have no a deep knoweledge about graphics but I think that you are considering that this is a problem and it is not. I mean that probably your computer allow a detailed high resolution which is showing clearly the RTW low texture size. Try to update the terrain textures with higher resolution TGA files. At least 512x512 pixels, I think... Iīm pretty sure that vanilla beach texture is 128x128 or lower...

Anyway I can be wrong but try it.
    =)

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Do you know how to update terrain textures to higher resolution? Is there any kind of submod around?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread moved from the RTW General Discussion forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I remember a mod named Ager Romanus, that basically contained stratmap textures. I donīt know if still will be avalaible. Whatever, first check it. I mean that try a single high resolution texture on your stratmap and in case that I was right, we will talk about it... I can send you my own ones.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE