Thread: The "Book" fix project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon5 The "Book" fix project

Guys,
    I've been fixing ancillaries in the SSHIP. I've noticed there're only a few books available for the characters. Namely:

Art of War
    De Re Militari
    Strategikon
    Munyatu'l-Guzat
    Divina Commedia
    Decameron
    Carmina
    Digenis Akritas
    One Thousand and One Nights

I would like somebody to add to this list a few, eg Vita Caroli or Carmina Burana of De Re Medica. I'm looking for somebody who would
    - draft descriptions
    - prepare relevant icons
    - draft code to be put into EDA (export_descr_anciallries).

Me, I'd draft triggers for acquiring them so that a balance would be kept.

I've got little hopes but I think the SSHIP is worth it and it's one of the few last active historical mods for the Middle Ages.

Modding ancillaries is not difficult, see here.

JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 06, 2020 at 04:58 PM.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project,
    and the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Pros and cons of having merchants in an M2TW mod. Arguments against the forts in M2TW.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. No good mod yet, alas!
    Dominant strategy in Rome 2 TW and Attila TW: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Developer of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, script fixing, guides, historical improvements