Thread: Civil wars starting for no obvious reason in Viking Invasion

Default Civil wars starting for no obvious reason in Viking Invasion

In campaigns with several factions in Viking Invasion, among them the Vikings and the Saxons, I have had problems with civil wars starting. They don't seem to start for any obvious reason. The campaigns have generally got well and smooth until the civil war erupts, and I have not had too many disloyal generals.

What can I do to prevent this? I find that civil wars basically ruin my campaigns, as they are generally followed by additional civil wars. Makes it impossible to win a campaign.

I play on normal difficulty.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Civil wars starting for no obvious reason in Viking Invasion

Having a larger garrison is one thing you can do, but also have built the border watch building as it allows detecting of spies and assassins plus have one spy and one assassin present will also help to detect enemy agents.

Buildings that improves happiness (culture and religion) for the population will definitely help.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Civil wars starting for no obvious reason in Viking Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze View Post
    ... What can I do to prevent this?
    There are several things you can do to counter this rather effectively, such as...

A). Kill, assassinate or "suicide-mission" all your disloyal ex-heirs...
    B). "Police" all your disloyal ex-heirs... As in put them under the command of a powerful (high star) and loyal general, or your king - and then they stay there indefinitely until they die...
    C). Build lots of "happiness" buildings as to minimize rebellions (- as these can trigger civil wars as well)...
    D). Only rely on (clearly) loyal generals from now on...
    E). Do a combination of all of the above...
    F). In rare cases the game reacts to heavy use of cheat-codes/commands and is thus "triggered" to stage a civil-war - no matter what you do. This, as a sort of punishment for such excessive cheating. The game-designers obviously did not like that prospect much - considering this given trait....

- A