Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

  1. #21
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,284

    Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

    eh, thats just a knock-off roman empire, why not go EAST? emulate alexander, bring the greeks of the east into the koinon, knock down the macedonian tyrants! FREEEEEDOOOOM!

    2/10

  2. #22
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,938

    Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    eh, thats just a knock-off roman empire, why not go EAST? emulate alexander, bring the greeks of the east into the koinon, knock down the macedonian tyrants! FREEEEEDOOOOM!

    2/10
    What, and ruin my perfectly stable alliance with the Seleucids? No way! That would have caused chaos for starters, and ruined my economy. It was best to make nice with them and together our two factions have pretty much pushed Hellenism to the far reaches of the world both east and west (minus India and China of course, and going no further south than Ethiopia). My present Makedonia campaign is different, though, because I'm currently at war with the Seleucids who betrayed me as a former ally, so they definitely need to go. However, I also need to destroy the Ptolemies in order to meet the victory conditions of that campaign, so essentially I'm knocking out the only Hellenistic factions in the East after I destroyed Pergamon and intend to swallow Kimmerios Bosporos in Crimea. There's no way I'm going to play a campaign for much longer without recruiting those totally sweet Thureopherontes Toxotai foot archers.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    eh, thats just a knock-off roman empire, why not go EAST? emulate alexander, bring the greeks of the east into the koinon, knock down the macedonian tyrants! FREEEEEDOOOOM!
    I have nothing to add about Alexander or the Macedonian tyrants, but that avatar gif of yours with the guy waving a sausage at me bothers me a great deal. Although I find it highly annoying, I inexplicably find it hard not to look at it. I hope that knowing that brings you joy, as I assume that annoying folks is its very purpose.

  4. #24
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,938

    Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    I have nothing to add about Alexander or the Macedonian tyrants, but that avatar gif of yours with the guy waving a sausage at me bothers me a great deal. Although I find it highly annoying, I inexplicably find it hard not to look at it. I hope that knowing that brings you joy, as I assume that annoying folks is its very purpose.
    That's Ramsey Bolton from the show Game of Thrones taunting a guy who he is torturing after neutering him, cutting off his genitals to make him a mentally abused eunuch. Avatars are also a subconscious manifestation of a user's true inner self, so it says a lot about HannibalExMachina and what he wants to do to others here in the forum. The real question is: can he or his campaign map suggestions be trusted? I'm not sure going East is a wise idea now that he has proffered the idea, because it sounds like a trap to me! And this guy isn't falling for it.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That's Ramsey Bolton from the show Game of Thrones taunting a guy who he is torturing after neutering him, cutting off his genitals to make him a mentally abused eunuch.
    Holy baloney. I made the right decision to stop watching that ungodly show somewhere around the third season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Avatars are also a subconscious manifestation of a user's true inner self, so it says a lot about HannibalExMachina and what he wants to do to others here in the forum.
    Holy baloney. I made the wrong decision to initiate conversation with that ungodly forum member. I should have ignored him. Just like the show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The real question is: can he or his campaign map suggestions be trusted? I'm not sure going East is a wise idea now that he has proffered the idea, because it sounds like a trap to me! And this guy isn't falling for it.
    DON'T GO THERE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •