Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Mourn with me, brothers and sisters

eh, thats just a knock-off roman empire, why not go EAST? emulate alexander, bring the greeks of the east into the koinon, knock down the macedonian tyrants! FREEEEEDOOOOM!

2/10

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    eh, thats just a knock-off roman empire, why not go EAST? emulate alexander, bring the greeks of the east into the koinon, knock down the macedonian tyrants! FREEEEEDOOOOM!

2/10
    What, and ruin my perfectly stable alliance with the Seleucids? No way! That would have caused chaos for starters, and ruined my economy. It was best to make nice with them and together our two factions have pretty much pushed Hellenism to the far reaches of the world both east and west (minus India and China of course, and going no further south than Ethiopia). My present Makedonia campaign is different, though, because I'm currently at war with the Seleucids who betrayed me as a former ally, so they definitely need to go. However, I also need to destroy the Ptolemies in order to meet the victory conditions of that campaign, so essentially I'm knocking out the only Hellenistic factions in the East after I destroyed Pergamon and intend to swallow Kimmerios Bosporos in Crimea. There's no way I'm going to play a campaign for much longer without recruiting those totally sweet Thureopherontes Toxotai foot archers.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    I have nothing to add about Alexander or the Macedonian tyrants, but that avatar gif of yours with the guy waving a sausage at me bothers me a great deal. Although I find it highly annoying, I inexplicably find it hard not to look at it. I hope that knowing that brings you joy, as I assume that annoying folks is its very purpose.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    I have nothing to add about Alexander or the Macedonian tyrants, but that avatar gif of yours with the guy waving a sausage at me bothers me a great deal. Although I find it highly annoying, I inexplicably find it hard not to look at it. I hope that knowing that brings you joy, as I assume that annoying folks is its very purpose.
    That's Ramsey Bolton from the show Game of Thrones taunting a guy who he is torturing after neutering him, cutting off his genitals to make him a mentally abused eunuch. Avatars are also a subconscious manifestation of a user's true inner self, so it says a lot about HannibalExMachina and what he wants to do to others here in the forum. The real question is: can he or his campaign map suggestions be trusted? I'm not sure going East is a wise idea now that he has proffered the idea, because it sounds like a trap to me! And this guy isn't falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That's Ramsey Bolton from the show Game of Thrones taunting a guy who he is torturing after neutering him, cutting off his genitals to make him a mentally abused eunuch.
    Holy baloney. I made the right decision to stop watching that ungodly show somewhere around the third season.

Avatars are also a subconscious manifestation of a user's true inner self, so it says a lot about HannibalExMachina and what he wants to do to others here in the forum.
    Holy baloney. I made the wrong decision to initiate conversation with that ungodly forum member. I should have ignored him. Just like the show.

The real question is: can he or his campaign map suggestions be trusted? I'm not sure going East is a wise idea now that he has proffered the idea, because it sounds like a trap to me! And this guy isn't falling for it.
    DON'T GO THERE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12